Oklahoma proposes first ever bill to protect gay-conversion therapy

TracerBullet

It is, however, clearly an abominable practice that is clearly condemned by the bible.

It's funny to see you so actively participating in this thread after you ran away like a coward from my question.

Maybe you'll grow a spine and answer it here...?

:idunno:

Yes or no, does the following passage condemn homosexuality or not?

“If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”
(Lev 20:13 ESV)

:sozo:YES OR NO! DOES THIS PASSAGE CONDEMN HOMOSEXUALITY?

I did respond, you may not have been bright enough to notice or honest enough to acknowledge that.

Please stop trying to derail the thread

TracerBullet

Notice how the child accused me of running away whenever asked to provide evidence but when I asked what evidence he wants, he didn't answer me.

you brought up the claim that sexual orientation is not equivalent to an inborn trait like eye color.

I have asked, numerous times, for you to back that claim up by providing actual evidence that orientation is something other than an inborn trait.

The only response you provide is name calling, personal attacks and sending rather nasty personal messages.

I expect more of the same non-response from you here.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
the point is that it doesn't work.

As for techniques the therapies often include having the patient identify a problem in their relationship with their father. If they don’t then the relationships with any other male relative or even acquaintance is explored until some form of relationship problem can be identified. This relationship problem is defined as "an incomplete bond and resultant identification with the same-sex parent.”
Ref: Nicolosi, J. Reparative Therapy of Male Homosexuality: A New Clinical Approach, Northvale, NJ: Aronson, 1991

It isn’t based on any research and those engaging in this cannot define just what an incomplete bond is.

Nudity in front of the individual that the client has the troubled relationship with is encouraged as is “cuddling” If the father is unavailable then a substitute male is used for this.

It is encouraged that female minors shower with their father.

Electrodes may be placed on the client’s genitals in order to provide painful shocks when the client is exposed to gay themed images.
Ref: Shidlo, A.; Schroeder, M.; Drescher, J. eds. Sexual conversion therapy: ethical, clinical, and research perspectives 2011

“Hold therapy” is almost exclusively done with children. The child is physically restrained while the therapist screams at them and encourages the child’s parents to express their hatred and disgust for the child. There have been some reports of parents being encouraged to hit, slap or kick the child. This will continue until the child admits that they are hurting their family and that they hate themselves for being gay.
Ref: Bright, C. "Deconstructing Reparative Therapy: An Examination of the Processes Involved When Attempting to Change Sexual Orientation. 2004

Other methods include sedation, isolation, sensory deprivation, physical restraints and hypnosis

:shocked: That's awful.

Jedidiah

Ballpark it for us. Rough order magnitude.

(You take what a dude says and divide it by 10, and you take what a girl says and you multiply it by 10...or maybe it's the other way around :chuckle:)
...And like Crowns&Laurels you have no evidence showing that functioning same gendered headed families are a rare thing
So what.

Define "functioning." Does it include teaching children that we have a Creator ?

I also have tons of evidence of wild animals eating their own young, I'm not sure when I'll play that card but I'm letting you know I have it.

TracerBullet

Ballpark it for us. Rough order magnitude.

(You take what a dude says and divide it by 10, and you take what a girl says and you multiply it by 10...or maybe it's the other way around :chuckle:)
obviously more than you.

you have nothing to back up yoru nasty little myth is what

I also have tons of evidence of wild animals eating their own young, I'm not sure when I'll play that card but I'm letting you know I have it.

which of course has nothing to do with the topic but then i guess you would want to change the subjet and distract from your anti-gay myths

GFR7

I saw part of a documentary on 'conversion therapy' and if it was reflective of the "techniques" used in general then it was just pathetic. No way should kids be made to endure it...
If conversion therapy is not psychoanalysis with gentle guidance, but instead an invasive and cruel torment, it of course cannot be effective at healing and should not be used. I didn't know that conversion therapy had its own protocol.

Arthur Brain

If conversion therapy is not psychoanalysis with gentle guidance, but instead an invasive and cruel torment, it of course cannot be effective at healing and should not be used. I didn't know that conversion therapy had its own protocol.

Part of it included consuming a liquid that induced nausea while being exposed to homosexual imagery, and then being told in a room on tape how abnormal and sickening any such thoughts are to the person. If an adult wants to put themselves through that for some reason it's one thing...

GFR7

Part of it included consuming a liquid that induced nausea while being exposed to homosexual imagery, and then being told in a room on tape how abnormal and sickening any such thoughts are to the person. If an adult wants to put themselves through that for some reason it's one thing...
No, that is no good. Real therapy consists of words, ideas, and gentle questioning and guidance.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned

I'm pretty sure gay-conversion therapy today will be discussions about how they were simply coerced into believing they were born gay so that they don't have to deal with the fact that they are simply sexually riduculous.

It's tough to stop most pedophiles from being pedophiles, but we don't call it a disease either- we call it deviance. This is why they go to prison and not a hospital. Also notice the sheer amount of homosexual pedophiles :think: