Oklahoma proposes first ever bill to protect gay-conversion therapy

Jedidiah

People are free to take their kids to acupuncturists, astrologers, aroma therapy, hug therapy, psychologists, psychiatrists, aura readers and crystal-twirling nitwits if they want to, as well as jack up their progeny on psychotropics, whether other people think they do any good or not. People should likewise be free to take their kids to this if they choose, and especially if the kids has expressed the desire to go (which has happened)....
Affirmative.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
"supporting homosexuality" is like supporitng green eyes. It's a meaningless statement.
WHat millions of people of all religions do is support equality and civil rights. Why do you hate equality?

Everything you've just stated is a big giant diversion- you force an assumption that homosexuality is natural and harmless, and then say because it's only decent equality and that I hate it for not concurring.

Yet you don't actually know your assumption to be true. In fact, there is more reason and evidence to the contrary despite the hopeless policy of secular bias.

This is why arguments with atheists and liberals get nowhere- it doesn't really matter what the truth is, it's just about attacking proper believers of God and waylaying their beliefs. They are no different then the Amalekites.

Guess what happened to them :think:

musterion

Everything you've just stated is a big giant diversion

Yep. He assumes as fact that which is only opinion; i.e., propensity for sodomy = eye color. But then, TB has never been nearly as sly and subtle as he likes to think he is. He's actually kinda dim.

GFR7

People are free to take their kids to acupuncturists, astrologers, aroma therapy, hug therapy, psychologists, psychiatrists, aura readers and crystal-twirling nitwits if they want to, as well as jack up their progeny on psychotropics, whether other people think they do any good or not. People should likewise be free to take their kids to this if they choose, and especially if the kids has expressed the desire to go (which has happened). If you disagree with that, you are a hypocrite and probably queer yourself. In any case you're definitely no friend of liberty.
This is what I thought: That there should be freedom of choice on this matter.........

musterion

Sodomites are for "freedom" to sodomize and be sodomized, but not to question it and definitely not to want to be rid of it.

republicanchick

I think it's a matter of choice. I hope more bills like this will be proposed and will pass muster.

It is not homophobic to allow those who may want to work through and go beyond same sex attraction to have access to such therapy. 0.html[/url]

wow... it's a sign of the times when, in a "free country," u have to go to the trouble of passing a bill so as to allow options

__

GFR7

Sodomites are for "freedom" to sodomize and be sodomized, but not to question it and definitely not to want to be rid of it.
And what is disturbing is that they reject the feelings and experience of people who had homosexual feelings but did not wish to embrace them. If they are sure of themselves, why be threatened by these people? It reminds me of '80s feminists who would denigrate women who chose to stay home with their children....

GFR7

wow... it's a sign of the times when, in a "free country," u have to go to the trouble of passing a bill so as to allow options

__
Yes - the movement has become deterministic and not for choice in any manner. Which is the disturbing element....

republicanchick

Yes - the movement has become deterministic and not for choice in any manner. Which is the disturbing element....

we see the same dynamic in the Roe v Wade / legalized abortion issue:

radical feminists (so called) do not want CHOICE, they want abortion. Of course, no woman really "wants" abortion, but naral (et al) act like women do want abortion, and they themselves push it as though they do b/c if they don't act like that, it may be outlawed again.. and so abortion b/c some kind of... as someone once put it "sacrament"

ahh... painful to use that terminology

GFR7

we see the same dynamic in the Roe v Wade / legalized abortion issue:

radical feminists (so called) do not want CHOICE, they want abortion. Of course, no woman really "wants" abortion, but naral (et al) act like women do want abortion, and they themselves push it as though they do b/c if they don't act like that, it may be outlawed again.. and so abortion b/c some kind of... as someone once put it "sacrament"

ahh... painful to use that terminology
Good analogy. :thumb:

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
An old ex-girlfriend of mine just went through a relationship with another woman. They were together for about a year.

There is a younger girl at my work was dating a female employee, and she is now dating an older guy.

The only person I know who remains consistently gay used to have a wife and children. He is also the most fixated person I have ever met when it comes to sex, he goes out every single day in a search for a barely legal fling with a stranger.

People don't like the fact that this is pretty much the large majority of 'homosexuality'- there is reality and then there's politically correct, secular naivety. Like the show 'Modern Family' for example, showing the relatively rare event of a well functioning gay couple.

republicanchick

An old ex-girlfriend of mine just went through a relationship with another woman. They were together for about a year.

There is a younger girl at my work was dating a female employee, and she is now dating an older guy.

The only person I know who remains consistently gay used to have a wife and children. He is also the most fixated person I have ever met when it comes to sex, he goes out every single day in a search for a barely legal fling with a stranger.

People don't like the fact that this is pretty much the large majority of 'homosexuality', there is reality and then there's the politically correct garbage liberals spew.

yeh, for sure

did u know that when a man is murdered, the cops automatically ask the question: was he gay? Because for one thing, gays are murdered by other gays a lot..

and gays are the most promiscuous group...

which proves, if nothing else does, that it is a perversion.. not just some innate "leaning" or "natural" (ha ha ha) tendency

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People don't like the fact that this is pretty much the large majority of 'homosexuality', there is reality and then there's the politically correct garbage liberals spew.

It's not politically correct to judge individuals rather than using lazy generalizations.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
using lazy generalizations.

"Generalizing" is "stating general fact". Generalizing is something which may be used in a false justification to attack a specific person, in which one says something that is typical but may nonetheless be true of unique person at hand.

I notice a lot of people use this argument to dismiss virtually any and all criticisms against a culture or belief.
And that makes the argument pretty much empty.

republicanchick

"Generalizing" is "stating general fact". Generalizing is something which may be used in a false justification to attack a specific person, in which one says something that is typical but may nonetheless be true of unique person at hand.

I notice a lot of people use this argument to dismiss virtually any and all criticisms against a culture or belief.

comment poster made was just absurd since you used terms like Usually...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Generalizing" is "stating general fact".

IF it were fact, you wouldn't have to use the word *general*. The FACT is that no one should be *forced* into this type of "therapy". IF the person in question believes they need it, they will seek it out.

republicanchick

poster was ridiculous since you used the term "pretty much..."

not an absolute sounding term

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
comment poster made was just absurd since you used terms like Usually...

Oh so the next time I am inclined to say something snarky about Republicans or Catholics, using *usually* would work for you. Right? Got it. Did you know that the trice married adulterer known as Newt Gingrich is Catholic?

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
IF it were fact, you wouldn't have to use the word *general*. The FACT is that no one should be *forced* into this type of "therapy". IF the person in question believes they need it, they will seek it out.

Okay, it's not 100% true, just 99.99% :rolleyes:

This is what arguing with libbies is like