Nontrinitarianism

achduke

If you didn't understand the post I replied to or mine then I suggest you go read it AGAIN.
How can a person be a pillar in a temple that is an actual human being?

It is symbolism. Is Christ a rock or a stone? Most temples are made from rock or stone and pillars hold up the temple. Are they physically a pillar? No, They support the temple!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is symbolism. Is Christ a rock or a stone? Most temples are made from rock or stone and pillars hold up the temple. Are they physically a pillar? No, They support the temple!

Who is the chief cornerstone of the Church.

achduke

Christ is the chief cornerstone. That is symbolism also. Christ is the main piece of the church. He is the head of the church.

StanJ

You do not seem to understand the answers you have been given.
You need to brush up on your reading problems.

As you haven't given ANY, there's nothing to understand, but clearly I DO understand the issue of this and ALL the threads you try and push your Arianism in. Maybe if you actually answer something you'll learn, but I highly doubt your apostate ego wants to. He has disguised himself as your god.

StanJ

That's about as clear as mud, but IYO, are we or are we not, as individuals, the Temples of God, because I fail to see why you bring up pillars as a way of showing a figurative temple in response to my previous post?

FYI, Christ is the ROCK of our salvation, but Peter's confession of WHO Christ was, IS the foundation of the Church known as the Body of Christ.
There is a play on words there between Pater and Petra in the Greek.

achduke

That's about as clear as mud, but IYO, are we or are we not, as individuals, the Temples of God, because I fail to see why you bring up pillars as a way of showing a figurative temple in response to my previous post?

FYI, Christ is the ROCK of our salvation, but Peter's confession of WHO Christ was, IS the foundation of the Church known as the Body of Christ.
There is a play on words there between Pater and Petra in the Greek.

Not everyone is a rock and not everyone is a pillar and not everyone is the temple of God. Those that have the Holy Spirit are the temple of God.

God has shown his plan little be little since the beginning. The body is a temple. The spirit dwells inside of the temple. God does not dwell inside temples made by hand. God created his temple. God will not dwell in defiled temples. Christ is the Son of God, the cornerstone. Those that have the Spirit of God are the sons of God. If you are a son of God then you have God as your Father and he dwells with you. If you do not have the Holy Spirit Then someone else is your father.

Eze 36:26 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Mat 12:43 "When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.

Mat 12:44 "Then he says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.' And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.

Mat 12:45 "Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation."

oatmeal

Jesus Christ's body was made of the same stuff that any human's body is made of. "Dust and ashes" Those "dust and ashes" were created back in Genesis 1:1

Jesus' body was made of stuff that was created, thus the body of Jesus Christ is the result of creation by God.

Soul was created in Genesis 1. This soul was tainted by Adam and Eve's sin and continued to be tainted by all who sin, thus the shorter and shorter lives we live compared to those in Genesis who lived hundreds of years (this degeneration applies to the durability of the human body as well)

Since this tainted soul was not pure, innocent as it was before A and E's disobedience, God created pure, sinless soul in the sperm that impregnated Mary's egg in her womb.

The spirit from God that descended in the form of a dove at Jesus' baptism by John was spirit that given to him by God, who is spirit, John 4:24. Since God, who is the Holy Spirit, gives to us of His spirit, I John 4:13, did God have to create holy spirit for Jesus? God gives to us of His spirit, God's word does not indicate that God would have to create anything special for His son in this regard. God, being the Father of Jesus Christ, would give the best to His son, certainly, since God gives of His spirit to us, and you cannot get better than God's spirit, there is every reason to conclude that God gave of His spirit to Jesus as well.

From the above info, it is clear that the body and soul of Jesus Christ was made of created stuff. The spirit that descended down upon Jesus Christ is the same spirit that God gives to us. I John 4:13, since God is not created, His spirit is not created, but is simply what He is.

Jesus Christ, the son of God, is the result of the creative activity of God.

oatmeal

Jesus Christ, the son of God, is the result of the creative activity of God.

Jesus Christ is the son of God, not the unscriptural description, "God the Son".

There is one God composed of one being only, God, who is the God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ.

StanJ

Not everyone is a rock and not everyone is a pillar and not everyone is the temple of God. Those that have the Holy Spirit are the temple of God.
God has shown his plan little be little since the beginning. The body is a temple. The spirit dwells inside of the temple. God does not dwell inside temples made by hand. God created his temple. God will not dwell in defiled temples. Christ is the Son of God, the cornerstone. Those that have the Spirit of God are the sons of God. If you are a son of God then you have God as your Father and he dwells with you. If you do not have the Holy Spirit Then someone else is your father.

well this has gone from SPECIFIC to a very diluted position so I'm not really sure what point you are or were trying tom make.

The point I WAS making was that there is NO Temple as in the OC. We are the Temple of the Holy Spirit and in the NEW earth, God will reside with us so there will be NO temple there either. Rev 21

achduke

well this has gone from SPECIFIC to a very diluted position so I'm not really sure what point you are or were trying tom make.

The point I WAS making was that there is NO Temple as in the OC. We are the Temple of the Holy Spirit and in the NEW earth, God will reside with us so there will be NO temple there either. Rev 21

We are the temple as a whole. There is no building but there is a temple.

StanJ

Because you said there is no temple and seem to be having problems with symbology and future events.

In the context of what I addressed, there is NO temple. Rev 21:22 (NIV)
So obviously previous to that in Revelation, it was metaphoric hyperbole.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus Christ is the son of God, not the unscriptural description, "God the Son".

There is one God composed of one being only, God, who is the God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ.

Sorry but, there is in fact: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

John 10:25-36 King James Version (KJV)

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?