No Death Penalty. What Is Your Position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
They may have come to realize the wrongness of some actions. Others they decided not to do no more or they may do it again and try not to get caught. I would ask one grandchild if God liked what he did. He told me no.

I believe in life in prison without parole for murder. I still do not believe in the death penalty for reasons stated before. One person innocently put to death is one too many. Also Jesus tells me I am also a sinner and not worthy to judge others to death. I trust God to judge and give the punishment. Also believe God loves all sinners and wants give them time to believe and repent. "The last shall be first..." Mt 20:16.

There is a time when children have no clear understanding of good and bad. "Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it" (Deut. 1:39). At first when punished they may not understand why. Therefore they may do the same thing again even when knowing they will be punished. But as they get older they will understand why.

As for punishment my Dad would get drunk and beat me severely with a belt. I have not the heart to do the same. My dear departed wife would give the physical punishment.
You didn't answer my question.

Do you know how God commands parents to punish their children?

If so, what does He tell them to do?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Yeah, better to avoid looking into Church history.

"To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant."
- John Henry Cardinal Newman
There are non-Catholic Christians in the Bible, they are "delivered" to Satan. 1st Corinthians 5:5 KJV and 1st Timothy 1:20 KJV.

WizardofOz

WizardofOz

and so, to summarize:

In Iran, adultery is a capital crime.
Men and women are executed for adultery.
Women have the right to refuse to marry.
Men have the right to refuse to marry.
Marriage rates have not plummeted to nearly zero

In Somalia, adultery is a capital crime.
Men and women are executed for adultery.
Men have the right to refuse to marry.
Marriage rates have not plummeted to nearly zero

Can we agree that WoO's claim, to which I was originally responding: has been disproven?

:doh:

In Somalia -
45% of women are married by the time they are 18 years old (35% urban, 52% rural). A Somali woman gives birth to an average of 6 children during her life time. Almost all women aged 15 to 49 years (98%) have been subjected to female genital mutilation/cutting

In Somalia - a man may have as many as four wives.

Meanwhile, in the United States:
Ddp-4kzV0AAhoRy.jpg

Which direction do you think that trend would go in the United States once you can be executed for adultery?

I mean, there isn't a lot of divorce on Mars, either.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If adultery was a capital crime, hardly anyone would get married, ever. Marriage rates would plummet to nearly zero.

Or, are we executing fornicators as well?

Also, define adultery as it relates to you making it a capital offense. Cause I can think of a few people you might prefer to see spared that would otherwise not be, if you had it your way.

In Somalia -
45% of women are married by the time they are 18 years old (35% urban, 52% rural). A Somali woman gives birth to an average of 6 children during her life time. Almost all women aged 15 to 49 years (98%) have been subjected to female genital mutilation/cutting

Ddp-4kzV0AAhoRy.jpg

Which direction do you think that trend would go in the United States once you can be executed for adultery?

[MENTION=7959]WizardofOz[/MENTION] i'll come back to this when I can give it the time and effort it deserves, meanwhile, this got buried in way too much of artie's silly emotional nonsense:http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...our-Position&p=5341218&viewfull=1#post5341218

Last edited:

ok doser

In Somalia -

Ddp-4kzV0AAhoRy.jpg

but wanted to point out that if you plot that again with the y-axis range set to -1000 up to 1000, that little bit looks flat :)

gotta go mow before i lose the light :wave2:

ok doser

ok, too dark to cut any more grass

In Somalia - 45% of women are married by the time they are 18 years old (35% urban, 52% rural).

in a country that executes men and women for the crime of adultery :thumb:

A Somali woman gives birth to an average of 6 children during her life time.

while she remains married in a country that executes men and women for the crime of adultery :thumb:

Almost all women aged 15 to 49 years (98%) have been subjected to female genital mutilation/cutting[/box]

in a country in which the fact that adultery is a capital crime has not caused marriage rates to plummet to zero :thumb:

which means they're all married, in a country that executes men and women for the crime of adultery :thumb:

tell me, is that trend dependent on the execution of adulterers?

good question

if american law was changed to make adultery a capital crime, i believe that rates of adultery would plummet

which would mean that fewer marriages would fail

not sure why you devoted any time at all to mars and none to iran :idunno:

Arthur Brain

In Somalia -

Ddp-4kzV0AAhoRy.jpg

What happens in places like Somalia is atrocious beyond words. It's obvious what would happen to the marriage rate if barbaric laws were introduced to the West but don't expect an acknowledgement of that because - anecdotes.

:freak:

ok doser

Oh, there's a gulf between us alright and one that I wouldn't wish to see narrowed else I'd be living under a similar bridge. Time to leave you to it after this.

defeated in reasoned argumentation, artie calls me a troll and pretends to put me on ignore :darwinsm:

how often have we seen this before?

If laws were introduced making adultery a capital crime in the West then Wiz's point absolutely stands. Okay, there's no chance of it happening but the point remains and for obvious reasons.

the problem is, artie, that you never gave any reasons, only emotional responses and logical fallacies

those don't count :p

ok doser

still, i'm grateful to artie for the opportunity to work through some stuff I'd been chewing on for a long time regarding John 8 :thumb:

Last edited:

ok doser

the way you are interpreting the verse, artie, would negate the Law by imposing requirements on its enforcement that would be impossible to meet

did Jesus come to negate the Law by making it unenforceable?

Guess we'll never get an answer to this one either :sigh:

Last edited:

ok doser

well, no - you bailed on the convo last time we addressed this - care to try again?

in NYS (and others) there is a specific circumstance in which the state cedes any interest in the sexual molestation of a post pubescent girl of any age

do you know what that is?

And once again, artie runs from this one :sigh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.