Nick M POTD/Y/All-time

God's Truth

No scripture I know of, God doesn't stay still thankfully.
I am careful about believing any different kinds of teaching unless it can be proven with scripture. I only want God's Truth, and not a teaching from anywhere else. Before I was saved, I searched for God and got in different denominations. What I learned is that checking out what we are taught to see if it is in the Bible will keep one from false doctrines.
We were with God in an incarnate state before we were born.
Well, God made our spirit, but our spirit is affected by our physical self, our spirit grows and changes with us. So with that in mind, not sure how we were with God as ourselves when we were not yet conceived.
Once the egg and sperm come together the Soul could attach and become aware for the first time.
Are you saying then that we were unaware when we were with God in heaven?
I said remember exactly because it is like you are there again, not just seeing but all senses.
I believe we are there, but not sure about it being again. However, I think I know exactly what you mean.
But what is so noticeable when it happens is all the feelings we have learnt to rid ourselves of as we 'grow up'.

Right, we are not born knowing God, we must be taught about Him. That is because of Adam and Eve being sent out of paradise. We are born with inclinations to negativity. We have to be shown the way, we have to be saved, we have to get reconciled to God.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
I am careful about believing any different kinds of teaching unless it can be proven with scripture. I only want God's Truth, and not a teaching from anywhere else. Before I was saved, I searched for God and got in different denominations. What I learned is that checking out what we are taught to see if it is in the Bible will keep one from false doctrines.

Well, God made our spirit, but our spirit is affected by our physical self, our spirit grows and changes with us. So with that in mind, not sure how we were with God as ourselves when we were not yet conceived.

Are you saying then that we were unaware when we were with God in heaven?

I believe we are there, but not sure about it being again. However, I think I know exactly what you mean.

Right, we are not born knowing God, we must be taught about Him. That is because of Adam and Eve being sent out of paradise. We are born with inclinations to negativity. We have to be shown the way, we have to be saved, we have to get reconciled to God.

You are your Soul and it is dominant.

Your physical body is the part you play on earth with all the gifts and burdens from all it's ancestors.

Your Soul is suited to the part you play but you are free of this in sleep and death and get compensation continually.

We're all very much in this together, all children of God learning as one, first will be last and the last will be first.

Much wisdom comes from scripture but not all wisdom. Your discernment will always be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Antinomianism of Exchanged Life and Keswick Theology

Antinomianism of Exchanged Life and Keswick Theology

Keswicks, including Exchanged Life proponents like Sozo (aka Ghost, Mystery, Door), confuse justification and sanctification.

The indwelling of the Spirit enables the believer to become holy, as commanded by Scripture, during our walk of faith, our sanctification. By becoming holy, we mean that of separation in consecration and devotion to the service of God.

While the Reformers understood that man is justified by faith alone, they also understood that the faith which justifies is not alone. Justification is at once followed by sanctification, since God sends the Holy Spirit into the hearts of His people as soon as they are justified, and that Spirit is the Spirit of sanctification. The grace of sanctification is not some supernatural essence that is infused in man, rather it is a supernatural and gracious work of the Holy Spirit, primarily through the Word, secondarily through the sacraments, by which the Spirit delivers us more and more from the power of sin and enables us to do good works.

With sanctification, the soul is gradually renewed from its present marred state, to that of the image of Christ, from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (II Cor. 3:18). The body is consecrated in the present to be a fit instrument of the renewed soul, and will at endure be raised up in the likeness of Christ's glorified body (Phil. 3:21). Note here there is no spirit, soul, body trichotomous distinctions that the Keswicks, Exchanged Lifers, etc., would impose. Just the dichotomous soul and body. Being in Christ, believers thus share in all the blessings which Christ merited for his people.

By this mystical union with Christ, believers, through sanctification, not justification, are changed into His image according to His human nature. What Our Lord effects in His people, the elect, can be viewed in a sense that is a replica or a reproduction of what took place with Him. This view is not only objective, but also in a very real subjective sense, the believers suffer, bear the cross, are crucified, die, and are raised in newness of life, with Christ. The believers share in a measure Our Lord’s experiences (for example, see, Matthew 16:24; Romans 6:5; Galatians 2:20; Colossians 1:24; 2:12; 3:1; I Peter 4:13).

It is not the case that true Christian Faith is antinomian, having nothing to do with law. The law is "holy, just, and good." The law is distilled (not evaporated away) into "love." Love is certainly no antithesis to faith. Sin is contrary to faith, and sin is lawlessness. Divine law exists to arrest and condemn the lawless and to oppose everything that is "contrary to sound doctrine." So, in NT terms, law ends up on the right side of our religion, not on the flip-side. The law is a revealer of truth, a beacon to draw to safety and to warn from danger, a light to one's path.

Belief in Jesus Christ frees us from the curse of the law, but we are not freed from the command and obedience of the law. Indeed we are tied to obedience by a new obligation, a new command from Jesus Christ, a command that Christ used to help us obey, a command that God the Father added his authority and command: "this is his commandment, that we believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he hath commanded us." (1 John 3:23).

AMR

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Keswicks, including Exchanged Life proponents like Sozo (aka Ghost, Mystery, Door), confuse justification and sanctification.

The indwelling of the Spirit enables the believer to become holy, as commanded by Scripture, during our walk of faith, our sanctification. By becoming holy, we mean that of separation in consecration and devotion to the service of God.

While the Reformers understood that man is justified by faith alone, they also understood that the faith which justifies is not alone. Justification is at once followed by sanctification, since God sends the Holy Spirit into the hearts of His people as soon as they are justified, and that Spirit is the Spirit of sanctification. The grace of sanctification is not some supernatural essence that is infused in man, rather it is a supernatural and gracious work of the Holy Spirit, primarily through the Word, secondarily through the sacraments, by which the Spirit delivers us more and more from the power of sin and enables us to do good works.

With sanctification, the soul is gradually renewed from its present marred state, to that of the image of Christ, from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (II Cor. 3:18). The body is consecrated in the present to be a fit instrument of the renewed soul, and will at endure be raised up in the likeness of Christ's glorified body (Phil. 3:21). Note here there is no spirit, soul, body trichotomous distinctions that the Keswicks, Exchanged Lifers, etc., would impose. Just the dichotomous soul and body. Being in Christ, believers thus share in all the blessings which Christ merited for his people.

By this mystical union with Christ, believers, through sanctification, not justification, are changed into His image according to His human nature. What Our Lord effects in His people, the elect, can be viewed in a sense that is a replica or a reproduction of what took place with Him. This view is not only objective, but also in a very real subjective sense, the believers suffer, bear the cross, are crucified, die, and are raised in newness of life, with Christ. The believers share in a measure Our Lord’s experiences (for example, see, Matthew 16:24; Romans 6:5; Galatians 2:20; Colossians 1:24; 2:12; 3:1; I Peter 4:13).

It is not the case that true Christian Faith is antinomian, having nothing to do with law. The law is "holy, just, and good." The law is distilled (not evaporated away) into "love." Love is certainly no antithesis to faith. Sin is contrary to faith, and sin is lawlessness. Divine law exists to arrest and condemn the lawless and to oppose everything that is "contrary to sound doctrine." So, in NT terms, law ends up on the right side of our religion, not on the flip-side. The law is a revealer of truth, a beacon to draw to safety and to warn from danger, a light to one's path.

Belief in Jesus Christ frees us from the curse of the law, but we are not freed from the command and obedience of the law. Indeed we are tied to obedience by a new obligation, a new command from Jesus Christ, a command that Christ used to help us obey, a command that God the Father added his authority and command: "this is his commandment, that we believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he hath commanded us." (1 John 3:23).

AMR
What are the sacraments AMR?

God's Truth

You are your Soul and it is dominant.

Your physical body is the part you play on earth with all the gifts and burdens from all it's ancestors.

Your Soul is suited to the part you play but you are free of this in sleep and death and get compensation continually.

I am not sure I understand what you mean about being free during sleep and death.
As for the soul, I believe we are flesh and spirit and that our spirit makes our body alive, which makes us a living soul. When we die, our spirit goes to heaven to be with Jesus; our spirit looks exactly as we do, but it is invisible.

We're all very much in this together, all children of God learning as one, first will be last and the last will be first.

Much wisdom comes from scripture but not all wisdom. Your discernment will always be needed.

I only go by the word of God there is no other way for me; wisdom is only from God and there are no new prophecies.

Truster

A filthy Roman Catholic doctrine that was taken by the protestants and is practised by the Anglicans, Church in Wales and any other denomination that holds and vexes the souls of the saints. Luther spoke against them at the Diet of Worms, but then carried them on.

Grace supplied/communicated by sacraments is a doctrine from the pit.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Sacraments - Baptism and Lord's Supper

The Sacraments - Baptism and Lord's Supper

Baptism
Lord's Supper

From Ch. 27 of the WCF:
1. Sacraments are holy signs and seals of the covenant of grace, (Rom. 4:11, Gen. 17:7,10) immediately instituted by God, (Matt. 28:19, 1 Cor. 11:23) to represent Christ and His benefits; and to confirm our interest in Him: (1 Cor. 10:16, 1 Cor. 11:25-26, Gal. 3:27, Gal. 3:17) as also, to put a visible difference between those that belong unto the Church and the rest of the world; (Rom. 15:8, Exod. 12:48, Gen. 34:14) and solemnly to engage them to the service of God in Christ, according to His Word. (Rom. 6:3-4, 1 Cor. 10:16, 21)​

2. There is, in every sacrament, a spiritual relation, or sacramental union, between the sign and the thing signified: whence it comes to pass, that the names and effects of the one are attributed to the other. (Gen. 17:10, Matt. 26:27-28, Tit. 3:5)​

3. The grace which is exhibited in or by the sacraments rightly used, is not conferred by any power in them; neither doth the efficacy of a sacrament depend upon the piety or intention of him that doth administer it: (Rom. 2:28-29, 1 Pet. 3:21) but upon the work of the Spirit, (Matt. 3:11, 1 Cor. 12:13) and the word of institution, which contains, together with a precept authorizing the use thereof, a promise of benefit to worthy receivers. (Matt. 26:27-28, Matt. 28:19-20)​

4. There be only two sacraments ordained by Christ our Lord in the Gospel; that is to say, Baptism, and the Supper of the Lord: neither of which may be dispensed by any, but by a minister of the Word lawfully ordained. (Matt. 28:19, 1 Cor. 11:20, 23, 1 Cor. 4:1, Heb. 5:4)​

5. The sacraments of the old testament in regard of the spiritual things thereby signified and exhibited, were, for substance, the same with those of the new. (1 Cor. 10:1-4)​

AMR

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
I am not sure I understand what you mean about being free during sleep and death.
As for the soul, I believe we are flesh and spirit and that our spirit makes our body alive, which makes us a living soul. When we die, our spirit goes to heaven to be with Jesus; our spirit looks exactly as we do, but it is invisible.

You are 3 things so yes you are right about the spirit body.
Your Soul is your eternal part but you are just the female half of your Soul. It is the Soul that feels Love etc.

I only go by the word of God there is no other way for me; wisdom is only from God and there are no new prophecies.

Wisdom does come from God and it may well come when your reading the bible and thinking about God.

Perhaps no need for more prophecies, we are in the end days.
Am I right in thinking there were prophecies saying much more would be revealed in the last days?

God's Truth

You are 3 things so yes you are right about the spirit body.
Your Soul is your eternal part but you are just the female half of your Soul.

I do not know what you mean.

It is the Soul that feels Love etc.

The spirit feels love.

Wisdom does come from God and it may well come when your reading the bible and thinking about God.
I check on what I am taught. If I do not see it in the Bible then I do not think of it.
Perhaps no need for more prophecies, we are in the end days.
Am I right in thinking there were prophecies saying much more would be revealed in the last days?

That already happened.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
I do not know what you mean.

The spirit feels love.

I check on what I am taught. If I do not see it in the Bible then I do not think of it.

That already happened.

I have noticed people say spirit where I say Soul.

When you sleep you continue experiencing and you have a body. The Soul is shapeless and is all feeling (emotional)

You are half your soul here is some scripture and it's Yeshua's words.

Mark 10
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

God's Truth

I have noticed people say spirit where I say Soul.

I think most people say soul.

When you sleep you continue experiencing and you have a body.
Right.

The Soul is shapeless and is all feeling (emotional)
The soul is a body with a spirit.

You are half your soul here is some scripture and it's Yeshua's words.
I don't agree with that, but I am glad to learn of your beliefs.
Mark 10
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

I just don't believe I am half my soul and my spouse is the other half. Some people never get married and Jesus said that was alright.

1 Corinthians 7:8 Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do.

Matthew 19:12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned

I just don't believe I am half my soul and my spouse is the other half. Some people never get married and Jesus said that is alright.

Yeshua said he always spoke in parables except when talking to his disciples.
So here he is talking about the Soul. Most people these days reject their soulmate.

God's Truth

Yeshua said he always spoke in parables except when talking to his disciples.
So here he is talking about the Soul. Most people these days reject their soulmate.

Jesus spoke to his disciples about not getting married is alright.
Why not just what Jesus says?

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
You don't have scripture that says that, so I do not believe it.

That is just me.

It's not the true you, the true you wouldn't fear.

Your allowed to test things, agree with yourself to try believing something, even if just for a few minutes.

God's Truth

It's not the true you, the true you wouldn't fear.

Your allowed to test things, agree with yourself to try believing something, even if just for a few minutes.

I only want God's Truth. I check on everything anyone teaches me. I check the scriptures in the Holy Bible. I have a powerful testimony of when Jesus saved me. I had been in false denominations before that.
Jesus revealed himself to me after I searched for his teachings and obeyed him, just as he says he would, as is written in the Bible.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
I only want God's Truth. I check on everything anyone teaches me. I check the scriptures in the Holy Bible. I have a powerful testimony of when Jesus saved me. I had been in false denominations before that.
Jesus revealed himself to me after I searched for his teachings and obeyed him, just as he says he would, as is written in the Bible.

Are you still in contact?