MUST WE CONFESS EVERY SIN TO BE FORGIVEN?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Those verses were meant for the House of Israel. Are you a member of the House of Israel?

Not of the House of Israel but of the Israel of God, God's firstborn.

Nor does a person need to be a Corinthian to keep Passover. (1 Corinthians 5:7)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Hi, Grosnick. Are you saying that forgiving us our sins is not what saves us for eternity, or is John mistaken? (Trying to wrap my head around what the author is saying.)

He was saying that we must be willing to admit we are sinners in order to start the process of becoming a member of the Body of Christ. There is no real need to confess every single sin we ever committed because Christ paid for the sins of humanity on the cross of Calvary. If salvation was based upon confession of all sin, what would happen if you should die before confessing each and every sin?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Ac 2:38, Lk 24:47] That would make you a Member of the House of Israel...

Serpentdove :skeptic: --not
hvxbmAAQVDOcBo7mbf8V.gif
a Jew (Mal 4:5-6). :bowser: :bowser:

God's Truth

I tried, you're not interested so I give up. As a "True Believer," my responsibility is to testify of the Grace of God. If someone rejects it, my job is done. By you rejecting it doesn't do me any harm.

I don't think Paul sat around ruminating on those who rejected his Message.

Why can't you answer the question?

Does it sound right to you that I am condemned for doing something Jesus said when he walked the earth?

As for Paul, he debated and argued in public debate.

God's Truth

Jesus shed blood and resurrection is what saves us for eternity, not confessing every single sin. If that were the case, we would play a part in our own salvation.

So when Jesus says repent or perish, those words have now become death to those who repented before they were saved?

God's Truth

He was saying that we must be willing to admit we are sinners in order to start the process of becoming a member of the Body of Christ. There is no real need to confess every single sin we ever committed because Christ paid for the sins of humanity on the cross of Calvary. If salvation was based upon confession of all sin, what would happen if you should die before confessing each and every sin?

So believing AND ADMITTING we are sinners is how we can be saved?

You said we only have to believe. Now you say we have to admit we are sinners.

At least you admit that now.

God's Truth

Paul says the same thing that John the baptizer says, and that is to repent and prove our repentance by our deeds.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

John the baptizer:

Matthew 3:8
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.

God's Truth

GM, Since you say we have to admit we are sinners so we can be saved, don't you think it would be good to know what sins we are doing and confess those sins?

God's Truth

Psalm 32:5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD." And you forgave the guilt of my sin.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
GM, Since you say we have to admit we are sinners so we can be saved, don't you think it would be good to know what sins we are doing and confess those sins?

If you didn't know you were a sinner, why would you feel the need for a Savior? Obviously, one must realize they're a sinner. The way to eternal life is to, hear the Gospel and place ALL your faith in Jesus Christ as your Savior.