Modern Day Pharisaism

God's Truth

Like the Children of Israel. I trust it to be there every day I wake up.
You trust what to be there? Come on and discuss this deeper. I am eating you are waiting.

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

I have no idea what those worldly words mean.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
You trust what to be there? Come on and discuss this deeper. I am eating you are waiting.

I have no idea what those worldly words mean.

Gods grace is like the manna that He gave Israel all days but the 7th day.

He was explaining that He is the bread from heaven. This was about Manna.

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Bs"d

The Jews are not perfect, therefore the Jews sometimes get punished.

But there is always a core of observant Jews that keep the faith going.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

Yes the core, the remnant, the disciples of are Lord Jesus.

God's Truth

Sister,

I am a descendant of the Ashkenazi by my mothers side.

I was indeed raised under Moses.

It matters NOTHING to whom you are blood related.

As for being raised under Moses...you did NOT OBEY Moses UNTIL you believed AND OBEYED Jesus.

However, you preach against obeying Jesus, so you should heed the warnings in the Bible.

Feral Phoenician

It matters NOTHING to whom you are blood related.

Except of course for genealogy, hereditary conditions, why so and so looks like him or her, mitochondrial DNA, and let's not forget Tay Sachs!

Oh, and Jesus supposedly being a blood relative of David. Minor discrepancy, that.

In your effort to "e-shout" at Nameless (really? That many words in caps? Unleash the fury, indeed), you kind of helped obliterate a critical aspect of your faith.

Listen, I don't care what you believe. I'm not out to change anyone's mind on matters of faith here, I've actually been point blank that I think Christianity is just a "different" form of B'nai Noach (Noahide). Heck, my daughters are being raised Christian.

But I think your fellow Christians might not appreciate such a theological faux pas.

God's Truth

Except of course for genealogy, hereditary conditions, why so and so looks like him or her, mitochondrial DNA, and let's not forget Tay Sachs!

It does not matter to God to whom we are blood related.

Oh, and Jesus supposedly being a blood relative of David. Minor discrepancy, that.

That is the only reason why it did matter, it was because God was going to send a blood relative of Abraham and David. Jesus came and now it only matters about HIS BLOOD and being cleaned by it.

In your effort to "e-shout" at Nameless (really? That many words in caps? Unleash the fury, indeed), you kind of helped obliterate a critical aspect of your faith.

All caps on some words are to draw attention to what I am saying. You prove you are a false judge.

Listen, I don't care what you believe. I'm not out to change anyone's mind on matters of faith here, I've actually been point blank that I think Christianity is just a "different" form of B'nai Noach (Noahide). Heck, my daughters are being raised Christian.
It is NOT just a different form. God's Truth matters and it can be found, no matter about your lack of interest.

But I think your fellow Christians might not appreciate such a theological faux pas.

Just more of your worthless false judgments.

Feral Phoenician

I'm not going to judge you, you've never personally wronged me or my family. Don't even know your name.

Also, who says I'm not interested in Christianity? I wouldn't be here if I wasn't. I have no desire to convert anyone to Judaism, nor do I think Christian are wrong for holding their beliefs.

God's Truth

I'm not going to judge you, you've never personally wronged me or my family. Don't even know your name.

Also, who says I'm not interested in Christianity? I wouldn't be here if I wasn't. I have no desire to convert anyone to Judaism, nor do I think Christian are wrong for holding their beliefs.

God's Truth matters and I will contend for the faith.

Feral Phoenician

Let me preface with this is *my own personal opinion*. It should not be confused with opinions held by Judaism (all branches) or other Jews. My parents were largely "High Holy Days Jews", and my siblings and I grew up Reform. Because of this, I am by no means the most Observant of Jews.

Already I can tell you know what B'nai Noach is, so that leaves out that part of the explanation.

While Christians do not keep numerous Jewish writings (Talmud, Maimonides, Rambam etc), Christians do keep and honor Scripture. They worship the same God that we do.

Do Christians believe Jesus and God are one in the same? Yeah, most Christians do (of course there are Arians, Gnostics, etc). This disqualifies Christians from being Jews, but *not* from being "Righteous Gentiles".

Christians are not bound by The Law. This is also a disqualifier of being considered Jews, and this is fine; Gentiles only have Seven Laws to keep, and Christians do keep these.

Feral Phoenician

Do you reject New Testament teachings?
For the most part, yes. However, there is much sage advice and wisdom in them. I happen to find The Beatitudes very beautiful. I do think Jesus was a real person (I simply cannot accept the world's largest Religion being based off of a fictional person). I find Jesus to be a very wise scholar.

If I misunderstood the question, I apologize.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
For the most part, yes. However, there is much sage advice and wisdom in them. I happen to find The Beatitudes very beautiful. I do think Jesus was a real person (I simply cannot accept the world's largest Religion being based off of a fictional person). I find Jesus to be a very wise scholar.

If I misunderstood the question, I apologize.

You gave a pertinent answer. The reason I asked is because Jesus said the Sabbath (which is not part of the Noahide laws) was made for mankind, not just Israel. In fact, Sabbath observance was commanded before Israel received the Mosaic law.

And it is referred to in the NT, which says, "So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God." (Hebrews 4:9 NASB)