Men's *Choice* ...

ClimateSanity

Nobody that is anti-abortion without exception would every vote for a democrat. Lying hypocrite...

Or an Establishment Republican. Any doctor who performs an abortion should be sent to prison for life. Any woman who flies to another country for an abortion should lose her citizenship and lose all rights including the right to her money. Legislation should be enacted that removes the right to privacy of anyone involved in an abortion.

ClimateSanity

I know it's pointless, cause that's not the way it goes.

But let's say that we take that right (to choose to abort) completely away from mothers, and give the decision to the fathers only.
Would there be less abortions, or more?
Considering that the majority of abortions are done by the unwed, I'm not sure it would unrealistic to assume that there would be more men wanting the pregnancy to go away than women.

These men want the sex, not the baby.

Greg Jennings

Nobody that is anti-abortion without exception would every vote for a democrat. Lying hypocrite...

Well that's a stupid comment.

It's fair to say that they are probably very few registered Democrats that are pro-life all the way. But to say that no pro-lifer would ever simply vote for a Democrat?

That's not a well thought-out opinion

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know it's pointless, cause that's not the way it goes.

But let's say that we take that right (to choose to abort) completely away from mothers, and give the decision to the fathers only.
Would there be less abortions, or more?

Most likely more.

Considering that the majority of abortions are done by the unwed, I'm not sure it would unrealistic to assume that there would be more men wanting the pregnancy to go away than women.

Though are few pro-abortion men as compared to women (though not by much).

http://www.gallup.com/poll/170249/split-abortion-pro-choice-pro-life.aspx

bdanm5ex5kipaom5sbkmbw.png

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think that's too far-fetched.

But even if it were equal between men and women (wanting the sex), I still think there would be more men than women want the pregnancy to go away.
Men wouldn't even have the excuse that it's their body, but they would still choose abortion more than women would.

Could it be that if it was only the fathers that make the decision, that the abortion numbers would have doubled, or more?
Kinda gives me the shivers to even think about it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That's probably true of all men and women who have promiscuous sex as compared to being in a committed relationship. One of the biggest problems is the double standard which has it acceptable for men to bed as many women as humanly possible (to be considered studs) and for women who do the same to be referred to as ... well, you can use your imagination.

If the goal is for pregnancy to only happen within the confines of marriage, men should be encouraged to save themselves as well.

Buzzword

Is anyone here who identifies as "anti-abortion" capable of speaking on this subject without using irrational appeals to emotion?

I ask only for information.

This thread is to focus on the side of the abortion debate that is rarely acknowledged.

Men's Rights and Views on Abortion and Parenting.

My own view (on the basis that abortion IS currently allowed) is that father's should have the right to deny the abortion of their unborn child.

You would first need to establish legally that he is in fact a father (by legally referring to the developing fetus as a "child"), then establish legally that he is THE father, and THEN establish that he has legal rights to the developing fetus in question, and THEN establish that those rights give him the legal right to deny the pregnant woman access to a medical treatment which she is seeking and for which she has been approved by a medical professional.

Especially if he is not in any way legally bound to her.
Which, if the numbers are to be believed, is the most common set of circumstances.

Does a man who impregnates a woman in a mutually-arranged one-night stand have ANY legal right to demand that she do or abstain from doing ANYTHING?
Does a cohabitating significant other with whom the pregnant woman shares an exclusive dating relationship have ANY legal right to demand that she do or abstain from doing ANYTHING?

Does even a loving and supportive husband of twenty years of happy marriage to the pregnant woman have ANY legal right to demand that she do or abstain from doing ANYTHING?

None of the above have been legally established, and stands against the right of individual citizens to personal and political autonomy, so NO.

"Consent" doesn't just apply to sexual intimacy.
A woman who says "yes" to sexual intercourse has the right to say "no" whenever she chooses, and any man who forces himself on her despite this is a rapist.
A woman who says "yes" to pregnancy has the right to say "no" up to the 24th or 26th week of pregnancy depending on the state laws of where she lives.

As a man, especially as a married man, I recognize that any man who would force a woman to get pregnant, to stay pregnant, or to give birth against her will is the same kind of monster who would force himself on her in sexual intercourse.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is anyone here who identifies as "anti-abortion" capable of speaking on this subject without using irrational appeals to emotion?

I ask only for information.

Anti-abortion/prolife activists see the unborn as defenseless human beings in need of protection. There is nothing irrational about standing up for the innocent.

You would first need to establish legally that he is in fact a father (by legally referring to the developing fetus as a "child"), then establish legally that he is THE father, and THEN establish that he has legal rights to the developing fetus in question, and THEN establish that those rights give him the legal right to deny the pregnant woman access to a medical treatment which she is seeking and for which she has been approved by a medical professional.

OR she could just be denied any procedure which would kill or possibly harm her unborn child without providing the father's consent ... which of course would mean all tests and procedures would have to wait until the child is born.

Especially if he is not in any way legally bound to her.
Which, if the numbers are to be believed, is the most common set of circumstances.

He is bound to the child ... and equally responsible for his/her health and welfare. That's the point.

Does a man who impregnates a woman in a mutually-arranged one-night stand have ANY legal right to demand that she do or abstain from doing ANYTHING?

If it's harmful to his child, of course.

Does a cohabitating significant other with whom the pregnant woman shares an exclusive dating relationship have ANY legal right to demand that she do or abstain from doing ANYTHING?

If it's harmful to his child, of course.

Does even a loving and supportive husband of twenty years of happy marriage to the pregnant woman have ANY legal right to demand that she do or abstain from doing ANYTHING?

Concerning HIS child, of course.

None of the above have been legally established, and stands against the right of individual citizens to personal and political autonomy, so NO.

What IS established is that we are not speaking of just one person's personal autonomy, but rather two. The mother and her unborn baby. After all, the child does have TWO parents.

"Consent" doesn't just apply to sexual intimacy.

Consent to sex gives the implied consent to the fact that one may very well become pregnant.

A woman who says "yes" to sexual intercourse has the right to say "no" whenever she chooses, and any man who forces himself on her despite this is a rapist.

Of course ... but we are not discussing rape, but rather pregnancy and abortion. Two completely different discussions.

A woman who says "yes" to pregnancy has the right to say "no" up to the 24th or 26th week of pregnancy depending on the state laws of where she lives.

Legally, yes. Morally, no. The time to say no to pregnancy is prior to having sex.

As a man, especially as a married man, I recognize that any man who would force a woman to get pregnant, to stay pregnant, or to give birth against her will is the same kind of monster who would force himself on her in sexual intercourse.

That isn't what is being discussed. Forced sex is rape. Rape is always wrong.

Abortion is the FORCED killing of an unborn baby. What kind of *monster* would force death upon an innocent, unborn baby?

quip

BANNED
Banned
This thread is to focus on the side of the abortion debate that is rarely acknowledged.

Men's Rights and Views on Abortion and Parenting.

My own view (on the basis that abortion IS currently allowed) is that father's should have the right to deny the abortion of their unborn child. Because I am anti-abortion without exception, the right of a father to demand a mother abort their child would, of course, continue to be denied.

This is understandable considering your position on abortion. Are you willing to flesh-out the reasons you feel this way (Re: the former)?

In the case where the father is willing to love and raise the child and mother is not, he should be allowed sole physical and legal custody of the child.

Isn't that the current policy given all parties are in agreement?

In cases where the father is unwilling to BE a father, instead of being ordered to pay support, he should sign a legal agreement to forfeit his parental rights.

One word: Poverty.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or an Establishment Republican.
My rebuke of the Democratic party is not an endorsement of the Republican party. There is not a two party system in the way it is presented. People think the campaign is ugly now? Wait until it is officially Cruz or Trump.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll admit it, I'm 100% in favor of Men's Choice and darned proud to say it.

Men%2527s+Choice+Aftershave.jpg

I use it after pretty much every shave and costs me a buck at a local mom and pop store AND they're made in the U.S. of A.
You sweet smellin thang, you!

musterion

Smelling sweet is as mainstreamer as nekkidness, friend. I use pine tar soap and plain talc as Jesus commanded. None of your worldly fragrances of carnal enticement and secret perverted trin lust. Good day.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Ironic, isn't it. The institution of abortion is entirely propped up by liberals.

But then again
Some people don't care about logical consistency, but about self interest and emotion.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ironic, isn't it. The institution of abortion is entirely propped up by liberals.

But then again
Some people don't care about logical consistency, but about self interest and emotion.

Ironic, isn't it ... that someone who has shown himself as pro-abortion would spout off in another thread about liberals ...

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-person-hood&p=4669653&viewfull=1#post4669653

Fried_egg,_sunny_side_up.jpg

Hey look, it's a 'chicken'.

And here's an 'egg'

broileris.jpg

:think:

PureX

So, in your mind, if a man rapes any woman, no matter how old, or young, or in what state of health, and he impregnates her, he can then force her to have his baby?

… All because you are 'anti-abortion'.