Men's *Choice* ...

genuineoriginal

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
FTFY and you are welcome. :)
Yahweh was seen as a wind god.
You are the only moron that I have ever met that believes that.

What does the Bible say about it?

1 Kings 19:11
11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:​

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You are the only moron that I have ever met that believes that.

You've never met anyone who knows about mythological origin :idunno:
Just sitting there making a fool of yourself is all, denying what is properly deduced by experts.

You all act like your scared of such things. I wonder why that is :think:

genuineoriginal

You've never met anyone who knows about mythological origin :idunno:
Nobody knows about mythological origin, but a lot of educated idiots speculate about it.
Your speculations that YHVH is a "wind god" do not match the Biblical account of YHVH as "The Creator God".

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Nobody knows about mythological origin, but a lot of educated idiots speculate about it.
Your speculations that YHVH is a "wind god" do not match the Biblical account of YHVH as "The Creator God".

Yes it does, because God is a spirit :doh:

It's apparent that you all don't get that God is something which has evolved in understanding over ages.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You believe God is merely a concept that changes as human understanding evolves?

Abraham left Egypt with an understanding that God was the Sun. He is symbolized as the Sun the same as He is symbolized as the Moon in Islam.

People began to realize, however, that God is not literally the wind, or the sun, or the moon. Yes, humans understand God as they go along, as that is exactly what happened.

genuineoriginal

Abraham left Egypt with an understanding that God was the Sun. He is symbolized as the Sun the same as He is symbolized as the Moon in Islam.
You didn't get that from the Bible.
Whatever source you are using has turned you away from the truth.

People began to realize, however, that God is not literally the wind, or the sun, or the moon. Yes, humans understand God as they go along, as that is exactly what happened.
You sound like you have bought into the teachings of Joseph Campbell and others like him.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You didn't get that from the Bible.
Whatever source you are using has turned you away from the truth.

It's pretty obvious where Abraham's inspiration came from, and that God chose him because of it. Egypt's big god was Ra-
The Sun is Light, is the source of life, and blights out all others.

Abrahamic God, bro.

You sound like you have bought into the teachings of Joseph Campbell and others like him.

Never heard of him :idunno:

whatever67

Ted Cruz is the only candidate who ever brought me to tears and it was when he spoke on how ALL human life from conception until natural death should be protected.

he is the only one (therefore) who can be trusted (since he obviously knows that there are plenty of anti-life people out there in the electorate).

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Ted Cruz is the only candidate who ever brought me to tears and it was when he spoke on how ALL human life from conception until natural death should be protected.

he is the only one (therefore) who can be trusted (since he obviously knows that there are plenty of anti-life people out there in the electorate).

I find it cringing that you and all these people on here never figured out that candidates just tell you what you want to hear about abortion so that they will win your vote. There is a reason why they have all thus far 'leave it to the state' and it's because they HAVE LITTLE POWER OVER IT.

People elected should be for practical reasons- not based on irrelevant morals. You aren't voting for a king or pope :doh:

genuineoriginal

It's pretty obvious where Abraham's inspiration came from, and that God chose him because of it. Egypt's big god was Ra-
The Sun is Light, is the source of life, and blights out all others.
Abraham was not impressed with the Egyptian sun god, Ra.

Maybe you should learn what Abraham thought every time he heard the name of the Egyptian sun god:
_____
רַע raʻ, rah; bad or (as noun) evil (natural or moral):—adversity, affliction, bad, calamity, displease(-ure), distress, evil((-favouredness), man, thing), + exceedingly, × great, grief(-vous), harm, heavy, hurt(-ful), ill (favoured), + mark, mischief(-vous), misery, naught(-ty), noisome, + not please, sad(-ly), sore, sorrow, trouble, vex, wicked(-ly, -ness, one), worse(-st), wretchedness, wrong. (Including feminine raaah; as adjective or noun.)
_____​

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Abraham was not impressed with the Egyptian sun god, Ra.

Maybe you should learn what Abraham thought every time he heard the name of the Egyptian sun god:
_____
רַע raʻ, rah; bad or (as noun) evil (natural or moral):—adversity, affliction, bad, calamity, displease(-ure), distress, evil((-favouredness), man, thing), + exceedingly, × great, grief(-vous), harm, heavy, hurt(-ful), ill (favoured), + mark, mischief(-vous), misery, naught(-ty), noisome, + not please, sad(-ly), sore, sorrow, trouble, vex, wicked(-ly, -ness, one), worse(-st), wretchedness, wrong. (Including feminine raaah; as adjective or noun.)
_____​

I agree with you, it's the initiation, however, which we were speaking of.

We learn of God- He went from the Sun, to the Spirit {literally wind)- to what we know Him as now-
I didn't mean to suppose I dismiss God- I just want you all to know the circumstance for what it is. See. you and me are both pro life, but for different reasons.