Marijuana legalization: LESS government?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Marijuana legalization: LESS government?

Ask him to tell you about the harm that recreational drug use has brought to the Black and Hispanic communities that he works in.

On that note:

I'm going to move this thread in a direction that other dope threads haven't done:

I'll ask that those who promote the legalization of drugs come forward ONLY if they are recreational drug users.

If past recreational drug users that want to the promote drug legalization want to come forward, tell us why you quit using recreational drugs (if recreational drugs were harmful to you, why would you want to push them on someone else's son, brother, father, daughter, sister or mother?).

I see that not many of TOL's Libertarians have come forward to promote marijuana legalization (Wizard of Oz, Doc Brumley, etc.).

I'll patiently wait while they come forward with the recent guidelines in mind.

He did say that a lot of retired lapd are smoking weed to deal with PTSD

I've smoked it before. I can tell you that I agree with this problem; people can function in their daily lives and be getting stoned all day. That is not true of alcohol or other drugs which in that sense makes pot use a danger because people think they can't function without it in the sense that they think their lives are enhanced by it.

I don't think it hindered the last three presidents from excelling and achieving their goals. The comparison between pot and stronger drugs is ignorant. Even alcohol is worse.

Any substance that becomes a habit is a sin. But I think the pot war coming from knuckle heads like our conservative leadership in the GOP is outdated and proven to be in error. Again our last three presidents all smoked weed as recreationally as having a beer.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Well i am nowhere near there, and i consider it taboo, because i believe that God wants us to retain a sound mind instead of allowing something else to control it.

If anything God(s) intended for us to get high on that stuff. There are actually receptors in the brain that respond to THC and no other substance.

Of course I would add that we were also intended to use it in moderation, i.e., not be stoned all the time.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
If anything God(s) intended for us to get high on that stuff. There are actually receptors in the brain that respond to THC and no other substance.

Of course I would add that we were also intended to use it in moderation, i.e., not be stoned all the time.

I had an aunt who was a wino (spelling)
And she would never smoke pot. I had a boss who would wake up to a Budweiser. He would never smoke pot. Both smoked before becoming alcoholics. Their problem was the self paranoia symptoms of the thc. Seeing themselves in all of their alcoholic glory thru that weed high was unbearable.

As a Christian, smoking weed made me feel aware of my lack of spiritual maturity and my sin. I quit smoking because it is against the law and because it would stumble other Christians. If I had cancer or a terminal illness I'd be on it again for the self introspection it gives you. It makes sick people sensitive to their illness and forces them to slow down to deal with it.

I've smoked it before. I can tell you that I agree with this problem; people can function in their daily lives and be getting stoned all day. That is not true of alcohol or other drugs which in that sense makes pot use a danger because people think they can't function without it in the sense that they think their lives are enhanced by it.

I don't think it hindered the last three presidents from excelling and achieving their goals. The comparison between pot and stronger drugs is ignorant. Even alcohol is worse.

Any substance that becomes a habit is a sin. But I think the pot war coming from knuckle heads like our conservative leadership in the GOP is outdated and proven to be in error. Again our last three presidents all smoked weed as recreationally as having a beer.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I'll say this in favor of pot: it doesn't make you throw up or suffer a really nasty hangover the next day the way alcohol does. I've been both drunk and stoned in my life, and can tell you, stoned is better. And safer - there is no known instance of anyone having ever died from overdosing on marijuana. Ever.

Jabin

And now a few words from a supposed "Christian" who wants to push the harmful recreational drug marijuana onto society:

Your neocon war buddies have no objection to hedonism. And, at most, they have only token objection even to the government forcing everyone to assist in the hedonism of others (e.g. forcing a wedding photographer to photograph a sodomite ceremony). When you vote for them, like George Bush, you might have well as been voting to throw Christians into prison for "discrimination" against homos. George Bush, Dick Cheney, and their fellow neocons all winked with approval when Massachusetts courts ordered the state government to bless homosexual relationships, the first in the nation, and the throwing of Christians into prison for "discrimination."

Of course, legalization of pot isn't about smaller government (and "medical post" has nothing to do with medicine). It's about advancing hedonism. And, it comes with more taxes and regulation, which is the definition of bigger government.

Still, I support legalization of pot. It's not inherently wrong and at least legalization isn't a cover to throw people into prison for discrimination against potheads, or to teach our kids in government schools that they're ignorant bigots if they object to pot smoking.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

LA is war zone, I can understand why many have PTSD. Too bad those officers didn't turn to something constructive like exercise and God (not in that order) instead of smoke laced THC.

You've "smoked it before". It sounds as if you're not currently smoking marijuana. Why is that?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll say this in favor of pot: it doesn't make you throw up or suffer a really nasty hangover the next day the way alcohol does. I've been both drunk and stoned in my life, and can tell you, stoned is better. And safer - there is no known instance of anyone having ever died from overdosing on marijuana. Ever.

As mentioned in my previous post: I would like current stoners or those that quit yet still want it legalized to come forward.

Are you either Kitty?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
As a Christian, smoking weed made me feel aware of my lack of spiritual maturity and my sin.

Try reading the Bible, it makes you aware of both and is onehelluva lot better for your lungs.

I quit smoking because it is against the law and because it would stumble other Christians.

If you lived in WA or CO, would you start again? I assume you're talking about man's laws, not God's, as getting hiiiiigh goes against His Word.
http://www.gotquestions.org/sin-drugs.html

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
And now a few words from a supposed "Christian" who wants to push the harmful recreational drug marijuana onto society:

Of course, legalization of pot isn't about smaller government (and "medical post" [pot] has nothing to do with medicine). It's about advancing hedonism. And, it comes with more taxes and regulation, which is the definition of bigger government.

Still, I support legalization of pot.

(The more Libertarian Jabin rants, the more he makes himself look utterly foolish).

So you're for a bigger regulatory government and a hedonistic society?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Try reading the Bible, it makes you aware of both and is onehelluva lot better for your lungs.

If you lived in WA or CO, would you start again? I assume you're talking about man's laws, not God's, as getting hiiiiigh goes against His Word.

Yeah I would probably go for the thc candy or something.

But not around weaker believers who could be stumbled by me. If I could do it and it didn't become habit forming and there were no others that I'd be stumbling, sure I would.

Nimrod

What is with not allowing people under 21 to buy dope? You will get less government if it is truly legal. By putting an age restricting, you are just setting up for more government manipulation of the market.

Once Pot goes Free. Use will go up across the board. It is simple economics. Once an item goes cheaper/more available, more of it is bought. I do not understand how there can be a "demand" in a FREE market to cause the cost to go "sky high" compared to what the government has done to it. That made no sense to me.

chair

Colorado will be growing at least ten times what Colorado resident smoke.

Like with gambling, which went from taboo to national very quickly, so will pot (and homo "marriage"). The states without legal pot will want to cash in on the pot revenues that Colorado will be enjoying (but, homo "marriage" is going national by decree of mostly Jewish judges).

At least there won't any homo nazis forcing everyone to support pot smoking nor teaching your children in school to give it a try.

Can't miss a chance to show what a bigoted jerk you are, can you?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Yeah I would probably go for the thc candy or something.

So you still want to get hiiiiiigh, but not by inhaling?

But not around weaker believers who could be stumbled by me. If I could do it and it didn't become habit forming and there were no others that I'd be stumbling, sure I would.

As a Christian, don't you have a duty to non-believers as well? Don't you have a duty to put good men and women into public office who legislate righteous laws, not laws that are detrimental to the individual, their family and society in general?