Madists

God's Truth

Is that your answer as to why you think that I think humans don't have to do anything?

What in the world are you taking about? You are the one who asked me if the Ephesians were circumcised.

So do you want to claim now that we have to believe AND OBEY in order to get saved?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There were synagogues in and around Ephesus, so there were proselytes which makes his statement a bit disingenuous.

dis·in·gen·u·ous
[ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs]

ADJECTIVE
not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
synonyms: insincere · dishonest · untruthful · false · deceitful · duplicitous · lying · [more]

The letters went to all places even to this day.

marhig

No. We are NOT given the Holy Spirit to make us believe and obey. That is Calvinism.

We do not receive the Holy Spirit until after we believe and obey.

Jesus tells us what to do to get saved.

Dead in sins is about the Gentiles who did not use the blood of animals to atone for their souls.

GT I didn't say any of this!

I know that we are not given the
Holy Spirit to believe and obey, if we don't believe and obey we won't receive the holy spirit!

I'm saying that without the Holy Spirit we are dead in our sins.

It is the Holy Spirit (through Christ) that gives us the strength to overcome, he gives us life. Without him we are dead. Our Lord Jesus said my words are spirit, they are life. Without the Holy Spirit we are dead, we are Spiritually blind, deaf and dumb, and we live by the lusts of our flesh!

We cannot overcome without Christ and without the power of the Holy Spirit, because don't have the strength to, we need the power of the Spirit to do so. We are dead to God without the Spirit, because it is the Spirit through Christ Jesus that brings life!

Just like a new born baby can't live without the breath. We can't live in God without the Spirit!

James 2

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Ephesians 2

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Colossians 2

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

John 6

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Romans 8

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

I've quoted those scriptures to explain what I mean, I hope it's clearer now.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
[FONT="][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+2:20&version=KJV"]James 2:20[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT="]But wilt thou know, O vain man, that [B]faith [B]without[/B] [B]works[/B] is dead[/B]?[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+2:26&version=KJV"]James 2:26[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT="]For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.[/FONT]

James was written to the twelve tribes of the House of Israel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christians, both from Jewish and gentile backgrounds were being persuaded to continue the separation which existed previously, so Paul was telling them the truth to make them strong and stand against returning to division.

Even a simpleton can understand that but MADists teach the division will be reinstated in the coming Kingdom of God.

What a miserable lot of the lost.

LA

Stay off of that LA Freeway, it's congested with false doctrine and confusion.