Madists

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Meshak's trophy of approval? :sherlock:
Meshak's approval is to put down military action as evil, but is always sure to take the money made by military action.
She doesn't even hesitate to take that monthly check earned from those very military actions.

1 Timothy 6:10 KJV
(10) For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.​

She loves that money as much or more than she hates their actions.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The gospel Paul preached was eternal life by grace through faith without works.

Actually, Paul was referring to grace by faith without works of the law.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:8-10)​

Our faithfulness determines our position in God's kingdom.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Galatians 3:21-22 KJV
(21) Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
(22) But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

clefty

Actually, Paul was referring to grace by faith without works of the law.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:8-10)​

Our faithfulness determines our position in God's kingdom.

There...bolded it for everyone...

Jerry Shugart

Why don't you tell us why you don't believe all the scriptures?

I believe all the Scriptures. It is you who does not believe what the Lord Jesus said here:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

In this verse the Greek word translated "believes" and the Greek word translated "has" are both in the "present" tense.

In The Blue Letter Bible we read the following meaning of the present tense:

"The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense."

Therefore, John 5:24 is saying that those who were believing at the time the Lord Jesus spoke those words had already received eternal life. That is what is meant as something being "viewed as occurring in actual time."

So once a person believes he receives eternal life. Anything which happens to anyone after he believes cannot contribute in any way to that person's receiving eternal life. Since a believer receives eternal life before he "obeys" then we can know that "obedience" contributes nothing to anyone's salvation.

Last edited:

clefty

You bolded the wrong part as far as this discussion is concerned.

Actually that is the discussion...man was created for good works...[full stop]

because he failed at that point the discussion had to include this other part about grace...to bring him back to the the good works we would be discussing which he was created to do before grace was ever needed...ya dig?

Jerry Shugart

Gods Word is mostly always conditional.

There is noting "conditional" about what the Lord Jesus says here:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (Jn.6:37).​

According to your mistaken view the Lord Jesus will indeed cast out some who come to Him, because He will cast out those who do not continue to follow Him:

That refers to those sheep who follow Christ, not to those who first believed unless they continue to follow Him.---

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
Joh 10:28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

Those with saving faith know that they will always follow the Lord, no matter what! If you do not know that you will always follow Him then your faith will not serve to save you.

Jerry Shugart

Actually that is the discussion...man was created for good works...[full stop]

Here is how our "works" of which you speak will be judged:

"For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon... If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire" (1 Cor.3:9-10,14-15).​

meshak

BANNED
Banned
=clefty;4918919]Actually that is the discussion...man was created for good works...

Exactly. This is overall contextual of the Bible.

We are in a big mess because of our evil works. And Jesus made that clear in His messages to do good works, and get rid of all our wicked way of living.

clefty

Here is how our "works" of which you speak will be judged:

"For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon... If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire" (1 Cor.3:9-10,14-15).​

Yup...that is why I am working to build here this is God's work, His building, His harvest...but if all here are lost I will suffer...the grace is still given me...

As long as I build His building according to His blue print...working WITH God Him HIS WAY...

He finished part of it, the blue print...fulfilled some of it....but don't think it destroyed, deviated or changed...certainly don't add or remove anything

You change even the keys here on earth and they won't open their intended locks in heaven...

It remains His will on earth as it is in heaven...no Sunday Ham up there...

God's Truth

I am not yoked to Him.

I am a member of Him.

1 Cor 6:15, 17

1 Cor 12:27

Eph 5:30

I can't help your unbelief. No one here could last time either, though we tried. Why do you persist in falsity?

Jesus has a yoke for all; however, it is light easy and not burdensome.

Jesus makes the two men one when he died---for that is when all could come to him to be saved besides the lost sheep of Israel.

God did not nail Jesus' words to the cross.

Jesus didn't come here to do all that teaching just to have Paul wipe it away.

Jesus is the Lord over all and his words will never go away.

God's Truth

2P2P is more to the point, referring to the mistaken doctrine that there are 2 peoples, plans, gospels, destinies, programs in the Bible. Ie, a splitting headache understanding. There are lots of threads on this in ECT.

...but you do not engage enough with other posters, except if they are Madists.

God's Truth

is apparent that's true...but He offers

Thing about yokes is that they show ownership...purpose and intent...

He is the head of the body yes? Does the foot tell the head where to go?

You do as HE wishes not the other way around...or you will be cut off as you cause the body to sin...

The caution is once grafted in the branches should NOT boast lest they be cut off as the previous ones were for unbelief...

By your fruit...we shall know you...your testimony in word and actions

Not all who cry LORD! LORD! But those that do HIS will...and keep His commandments...the Father's...

You speak much truth but too bad you try to hang onto old purification works that do nothing but cause you to be a bitter root and defile many.

God's Truth

The gospel Paul preached was eternal life by grace through faith without works.
If it were given to those that work for it, then it is earned and no longer grace, for grace is UNMERITED favor (ie. you cannot earn it).

Why do the scriptures say people misunderstand Paul if not by what you mistake him as saying? Paul is NOT saying no longer of obedience! LOLLOLLOL

These are the works, the purification/ceremonial works that SEPARATED the Gentiles from the Jews; these are the works that no longer save:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

And the clincher that make everyone realize that there is only one with the righteousness that saves.

Jesus obeyed and that means we have someone to obey.

If anyone is relying on any of their own righteousness, they are in the wrong boat (a sinking one) to begin with.

How do you EVER get that obeying the Creator’s words, His beautiful powerful words…how do you get that it is wrong IN ANY WAY? How do you get that it is not transforming? How do you ever get that having faith in my own faith is not a farce that fools many? How do you get that dead faith is some kind of saving faith?