ECT MADists don't follow Paul

Interplanner

Beware everyone; the all knowing - all seeing PPS has spoken!

But if you don't speak to one particular issue he has addressed, you are just blanket-dismissing which is no use. This place is for discussing/reasoning (or should be) not entrenching or for putting ourselves on pedestals.

What are your reasons?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
But if you don't speak to one particular issue he has addressed, you are just blanket-dismissing which is no use. This place is for discussing/reasoning (or should be) not entrenching or for putting ourselves on pedestals.

What are your reasons?

They can't do otherwise. Their eyes are blinded to the truth. Pray for them, that they might see.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
There dispensation of grace that he was handling was not subdivided into one for Jews and one for gentiles, as 1M1S is saying.

You are clueless as to what I was saying.

You might wanna learn why Paul said woe to himself if he didn't preach the gospel.

It's got nothing to do with a timeline.

Interplanner

You are clueless as to what I was saying.

You might wanna learn why Paul said woe to himself if he didn't preach the gospel.

It's got nothing to do with a timeline.

I wasn't thinking of a timeline, except for its stop at the 2nd coming. What I was referring to is that there is just the one unified dispensation/economy of the grace of the Gospel right now. It compels men to believe and obey Christ, the more they hear the message.

Right Divider

Body part

What are your reasons?
You mean what is my reason for believing that the Bible means what it says and says what it means?

Mark 9:9 (KJV)
(9:9) And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.

Matt 17:9 (KJV)
(17:9) And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

These are both clearly talking about the Lord Jesus' resurrection from the dead. Plain and simple.

Interplanner

More likely that he meant the generation was ending. That there was only his generation in which to preach, and he did say that the world had been reached within it.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You remind of the wizard in the Wizard of Oz.

Go ahead and translate that for us English speakers.

Oh, that's right, we all have to be highly educated in Greek and Hebrew to possibly have knowledge approaching that of the great and mighty OZ!

No, you just need to not be so arrogant and ignorant as to think your English-patterned heart and mind is the standard instead of the inspired text in its original language.

If you don't know simple English grammar and its comparison to Greek grammar, you have no idea what any words mean.

It's you and other deluded Englishizers who are the equivalent of the Wizard. Enjoy your Oz. The dramatic irony will be unveiled to you soon enough.

Danoh

No, you just need to not be so arrogant and ignorant as to think your English-patterned heart and mind is the standard instead of the inspired text in its original language.

If you don't know simple English grammar and its comparison to Greek grammar, you have no idea what any words mean.

It's you and other deluded Englishizers who are the equivalent of the Wizard. Enjoy your Oz. The dramatic irony will be unveiled to you soon enough.

I don't know about others, but I know the English of the KJV, for example, is not a problem for me.

Say that I wish to know what the Apostle Paul is referring to by the word "odinances" in the following passage?

1 Corinthians 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

It is a word that trips up many a Bible student, out of their failure to study it out as to its use; which at times reveals a sense that at times differs from one use of it in one passage, in contrast to its' use in another.

I could go that route or simply carefully consider its use within the passage in question, within in its context.

The question is a simple one for me - what is he talking about as he brings up that word?

Why? For the simple reason that Paul often tends to make use of other words within a same context that help shed light on what he means by his use of the word in question; is their any possibility he has done that here as well?

Sure enough; he ends that section with the following...

1 Corinthians 11:16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

In between all that; what he has been talking about is behaviors, protocols, manners of being and or of conducting oneself as a Believer.

He is talking about habits of mind, or of perception as one looks at a thing; and their accompanying practices, habits or behaviors that he has made himself their model of as their Apostle.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

He then begins to go into what those manners of perceiving things and walking in light of said perception, are...

11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

He continues the various examples of that until verse 16; cited hereinabove.

Here is another example where I find the English more than adequate - in the very next section, he writes...

1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

In the above, the sense of verse 19's "heresies" is the word "divisions" in verse 18.

Both are a reference to their regretable issues with one another during their differences with one another.

I could do this all day long; the English is more than enough.

He mentioned there two groups - those at odds with one another, and those who stand out as not like that within their midst - those "approved."

A few passages into that, he writes...

1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

That "damnation" there in verse in verse 29, is in contrast to verse 19's "approved."

Both words are referring to the actions of each individual - approved as the actions of one who is being considerate of others, or condemned as the actions of one who is putting himself first.

Without having had to reach for the Greek...

For the above is an issue in contrasts throughout 1 Corinthians...

1 Corinthians 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1 Corinthians 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

1 Corinthians 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

1 Corinthians 5:6 Your glorying is not
good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

I don't mind the tools and resources...at the same time...

1 Corinthians 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Cross Reference

Easy with all that because those same Greek words are still being interpretated differently by modern translaters simply to persuade away from God. I don't believe the interpreters had that in mind when translating the KJV..