ECT MADists don't follow Paul

False Prophet

Paul told Timothy to drink a glass of wine. So Madists don't like Paul, because they want to bully people into not drinking. They are not going to stand pat with the drunk driving laws, and say were satisfied with this. They are going to continue to clamp down, and squeeze drinking drivers.

Cross Reference

Then if you agree that it is not of Esau,,,why do you believe the things said to Israel are the same as to the Gentiles in the Gospel of Grace? Wouldn't it seem as in the example one thing was said to the Jew by the 12 because of the agreements made to them,,,and what was spoken to the gentile another? One did not receive the Messiah the other when offered did. The things said to Jacob were not the things said to the rest and so follow the thing said to you,follow Paul.

What gospel of "Grace"? I am not following your train of thinking here.

Let me give the rest of it a try. Re the 12. Yes! Because of the covenant made with Abram, i.e., but only to explain it.

Paul explained how the gentiles, because of the rejection by the Jews, were grafted in to the making of two people out of one. Simple as that. Redemption of all mankind provided for that possibility. They both Peter and Paul, preached that.

andyc

MADists claim to be followers of Paul.

They claim Paul was given his very own gospel (different than the one Peter taught) by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

No one is disputing that Paul was taught by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ, the dispute is whether or not is was a different gospel than the one Peter taught.

Paul did the following right after he began preaching his gospel to the Gentiles:

(Gal 2:2) I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.

Why did Paul go back to Jerusalem and meet in private with the leaders in Jerusalem to see if what he was preaching to the Gentiles was in vain or not?

How would these leaders (who MAD claim were in the "kingdom program"), know if the gospel Paul preached was correct or not?

MAD's claim that Paul preached a different gospel is incorrect.

True.....but then they'd have to admit they were wrong, dust their old suit down, and go to church with their tail between their legs.

Although W would probably go to the nearest bar and get drunk.

john w

Hall of Fame
Looks like Craigie Tettie, as is his MO, has "scurried away like a cockroach"(he taught us that), flown away, scrambling to his AD 70-ism/Preterist books/websites, and Hank Hannegraaf tapes, waiting until late at night to post, when most are gone, so he can declare "Victory....Dispensationalists cannot answer....Don't you believe the bible/"Jesus"/Paul/Peter/Josephus.......................?Darby...Bullinger........"

Cross Reference

Looks like Craigie Tettie, as is his MO, has "scurried away like a cockroach"(he taught us that), flown away, scrambling to his AD 70-ism/Preterist books/websites, and Hank Hannegraaf tapes, waiting until late at night to post, when most are gone, so he can declare "Victory....Dispensationalists cannot answer....Don't you believe the bible/"Jesus"/Paul/Peter/Josephus.......................?Darby...Bullinger........"

OK. Perhaps my referencing the "shadow" was in error, too weak a term. How 'bout I use the word "PIT" instead. That should suffice your memory stick..

john w

Hall of Fame
OK. Perhaps my referencing the "shadow" was in error, too weak a term. How 'bout I use the word "PIT" instead. That should suffice your memory stick..

Confirmed: The droid will not take me on, in the scriptures, on the subject, so he mutters, and sputters, and grunts, and snorts, and thinks, "Well, Google did not help me on an over worked cliche, emotional diatribe, so I will try Bing, you see, well, uh, urr........................."

And it took you 15 minutes, to "Bing" that stumper, Col. Klink? TOL is mesmerized.

And I told you to sit, Col. Klink. Power....authority....

Cross Reference

Confirmed: The droid will not take me on, in the scriptures, on the subject, so he mutters, and sputters, and grunts, and snorts, and thinks, "Well, Google did not help me on an over worked cliche, emotional diatribe, so I will try Bing, you see, well, uh, urr........................."

And it took you 15 minutes, to "Bing" that stumper, Col. Klink? TOL is mesmerized.

And I told you to sit, Col. Klink. Power....authority....

Authority?? Slime has no authority. . only stink.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul was not in doubt about what he preached and was not seeking approval of his gospel from those at Jerusalem. He had been preaching his message for fourteen years already and what he preached was not from man but by revelation directly from the ascended Lord.

Read the verse again steko.

It says Paul presented his gospel to them to see if he was running his race in vain.

What Paul was concerned with was that his approach the Jerusalem Jewish church might be in vain or futile,

I don't even understand what you are saying here.

Paul took money from from the Gentile churches and gave it to the believers in Jerusalem.

(Rom 15:27) ....For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews’ spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.

His concern was that his ministry might be hindered by the Judaizers who insisted on the gentiles being circumcised and keeping the law of Moses in order to benefit from Israel's Messiah, which is what the whole letter is about.[/QUOTE]

Again, the verse says Paul presented his gospel to them.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why didn't Paul "check" his doctrine the FIRST time that He went to Jerusalem to see Peter (which was STILL 3 years after Paul started his preaching to the heathen)?

Because Paul had just gotten it from Christ Jesus.
But according this "tet" theory, Paul waited an ADDITIONAL 14 YEARS do this "check in"!

Yes, that's the point.

It has been a long time since Paul was given direct revelation from Christ Jesus, Paul wanted to make sure that what he was preaching was not in vain.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Read the verse again steko.

It says Paul presented his gospel to them to see if he was running his race in vain.

I don't even understand what you are saying here.

Paul took money from from the Gentile churches and gave it to the believers in Jerusalem.

(Rom 15:27) ....For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews’ spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.

His concern was that his ministry might be hindered by the Judaizers who insisted on the gentiles being circumcised and keeping the law of Moses in order to benefit from Israel's Messiah, which is what the whole letter is about.

Again, the verse says Paul presented his gospel to them.

You're telling me that Paul had doubt concerning the content of the gospel that he taught, so he had to have the Jerusalem church certify it.

Nonsense!

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And, I'm a stock broker, Wimpy, and pay more in taxes, then you receive in unemployment checks, you satanic free loader. And I "shorted" you years ago, seeing that you, as well as your "company," were headed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

People who own their own companies and file bankruptcy can't get unemployment.

Just like your theology, your knowledge of finance is lousy, and full of contradictions.

john w

Hall of Fame
True.....but then they'd have to admit they were wrong, dust their old suit down, and go to church with their tail between their legs.

Although W would probably go to the nearest bar and get drunk.

You'd probably go to your local TBN "church," bark like a dog, get "drunk" in that demonic "spirit," and pray to Jan Crouch, you charlatan fake "charismatic" gibberish satanic fake tongue "speaker."

So there...Babble on, fruitcake dopie canyandy.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're telling me that Paul had doubt concerning the content of the gospel that he taught, so he had to have the Jerusalem church certify it.

Paul tells us that he met in private with the leaders in Jerusalem, and then presented the gospel he had been preaching to see if he was running the race in vain.

What else could it possibly mean?