Lost Sheep

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad" (James 1:1)

Most Holy Father, we know and from the chronicles and books of the ancients we find that among other famous nations our own, the Scots, has been graced with widespread renown. It journeyed from Greater Scythia by way of the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Pillars of Hercules, and dwelt for a long course of time in Spain among the most savage peoples, but nowhere could it be subdued by any people, however barbarous. Thence it came, twelve hundred years after the people of Israel crossed the Red Sea, to its home in the west where it still lives today. The Britons it first drove out, the Picts it utterly destroyed, and, even though very often assailed by the Norwegians, the Danes and the English, it took possession of that home with many victories and untold efforts; and, as the histories of old time bear witness, they have held it free of all servitude ever since. In their kingdom there have reigned one hundred and thirteen kings of their own royal stock, the line unbroken by a single foreigner.

The high qualities and merits of these people, were they not otherwise manifest, shine forth clearly enough from this: that the King of kings and Lord of lords, our Lord Jesus Christ, after His Passion and Resurrection, called them, even though settled in the uttermost parts of the earth, almost the first to His most holy faith. Nor did He wish them to be confirmed in that faith by merely anyone but by the first of His Apostles - by calling, though second or third in rank - the most gentle Saint Andrew, the Blessed Peter’s brother, and desired him to keep them under his protection as their patron for ever.
(http://webarchive.nrscotland.gov.uk....nas.gov.uk/downloads/declarationArbroath.pdf)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Scots are part of Ephraim, one of the lost sheep of the House of Israel.

God's Truth

It does not matter about BLOOD RELATIONS to anyone.

Luke 8:20 So he was told, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you."

21 But he replied to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

Luke 11:27 As he said these things, a woman in the crowd spoke out to him, "Blessed is the womb that bore you and the breasts at which you nursed!"

28 But he replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it!"

iamaberean

Everybody wants to be the Jews. But when it comes to real Jews- they hate them.

All Jews are of Israel but all of Israel are not Jews.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Jesus was not speaking of Jews here.
Lost sheep of the house of Israel spoke of the tribes that had lived in northern Israel prior to being captured by the Assyrians and taken out of their land.

chair

All Jews are of Israel but all of Israel are not Jews.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Jesus was not speaking of Jews here.
Lost sheep of the house of Israel spoke of the tribes that had lived in northern Israel prior to being captured by the Assyrians and taken out of their land.

Not Gentiles. OK.
Not Samaritans. OK.
Rather" "House of Israel". So who is this supposed to be? Gentiles?- can't be. He just said not gentiles.

iamaberean

Not Gentiles. OK.
Not Samaritans. OK.
Rather" "House of Israel". So who is this supposed to be? Gentiles?- can't be. He just said not gentiles.

Lost sheep of the house of Israel spoke of the tribes that had lived in northern Israel prior to being captured by the Assyrians and taken out of their land. They were lost because, for the most part, they had not been in the land of Israel when Jesus came. The disciples knew where that were and they followed their path all the way to Britain. Paul was the only disciple that was told to go unto the Gentiles and he even wound up with the others later.

iamaberean

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

All Israel includes the house of Israel and Jews.

chair

Lost sheep of the house of Israel spoke of the tribes that had lived in northern Israel prior to being captured by the Assyrians and taken out of their land. They were lost because, for the most part, they had not been in the land of Israel when Jesus came. The disciples knew where that were and they followed their path all the way to Britain. Paul was the only disciple that was told to go unto the Gentiles and he even wound up with the others later.

I suspect there isn't anything I can say that will get you to abandon this theory. If you believe this, you are beyond logical argument.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"British Israelism" :down:

An excerpt from "Recessional" by Rudyard Kipling:

If, drunk with sight of power, we loose
Wild tongues that have not Thee in awe,
Such boastings as the Gentiles use,
Or lesser breeds without the Law—
Lord God of Hosts, be with us yet,
Lest we forget—lest we forget!

For heathen heart that puts her trust
In reeking tube and iron shard,
All valiant dust that builds on dust,
And guarding, calls not Thee to guard,
For frantic boast and foolish word—
Thy mercy on Thy People, Lord!​

God's Truth

First of all: Believe! I just said it.
Secondly, it's true.
Christians want to be the True Jews (TM). But they hate the real Jews.

Pathetic. Sounds like you have some problems with a type of idol worship going on with you.

Last edited:

God's Truth

The lost sheep of Israel are the Jews Jesus spoke to.

They were called sheep because they were already God's.

They were lost because they did not have an appropriate shepherd to lead them.

John 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

Ezekiel 34:5 They were scattered for lack of a shepherd, and they became food for every beast of the field and were scattered. 6 My flock wandered through all the mountains and on every high hill; My flock was scattered over all the surface of the earth, and there was no one to search or seek for them.”’”

7 Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: 8 “As I live,” declares the Lord God, “surely because My flock has become a prey, My flock has even become food for all the beasts of the field for lack of a shepherd, and My shepherds did not search for My flock, but rather the shepherds fed themselves and did not feed My flock; 9 therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: 10 ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will demand My sheep from them and make them cease from feeding sheep. So the shepherds will not feed themselves anymore, but I will deliver My flock from their mouth, so that they will not be food for them.”’”