Lost Sheep

God's Truth

You don't know history very well, do you.

You just tried to straighten chair out for saying what he/she did, and now you don't like it that I too went against what he/she said?

What about history would you like to talk about?

I gave scripture that proves you are wrong about the sheep, about the lost sheep, and about the restoration.

What don't people get about only Jesus' shed blood mattering?

Not even his blood relations matter.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You just tried to straighten chair out for saying what he/she did, and now you don't like it that I too went against what he/she said?

Different points

What about history would you like to talk about?

None.

I gave scripture that proves you are wrong about the sheep, about the lost sheep, and about the restoration.

What don't people get about only Jesus' shed blood mattering?

Not even his blood relations matter

Only in your head.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Scots, as was most of Europe, are descendants of Japheth, not Shem.

So who are the nation and company of nations?

"So He called his name Israel. Also God said to him: 'I am God Almighty. Be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall proceed from you, and kings shall come from your body." (Genesis 35:10-11)

Danoh

So who are the nation and company of nations?

"So He called his name Israel. Also God said to him: 'I am God Almighty. Be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall proceed from you, and kings shall come from your body." (Genesis 35:10-11)

A further expansion on what was meant when that was first said prior to Jacob...

24 tribes plus two...and each with their Prince.

12 in Ishmael.

12 in Isaac.

2 in Joseph.

All Semitic.

Case in point as to just one of those...

Genesis 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

Genesis 25:16 These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their towns, and by their castles; twelve princes according to their nations.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

God's Truth

Different points

None.

Only in your head.

Who is Jesus' mother, brother, and sister? Who is Jesus' disciple, and who is his friend? Who is his child?

Explain to me WHAT blood relations matter then? Tell me what Jew matters? A Jew who doesn't even believe in God at all? Yeah right, no.
Not every Jew matters to God. The only Jew who matters to God is a Jew who comes to Him through Jesus, and they have to do it before He comes again, or it is too late. Same for Greeks, Gentiles, everyone.

God's Truth

A further expansion on what was meant when that was first said prior to Jacob...

24 tribes plus two...and each with their Prince.

12 in Ishmael.

12 in Isaac.

2 in Joseph.

All Semitic.

Case in point as to just one of those...

Genesis 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

Genesis 25:16 These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their towns, and by their castles; twelve princes according to their nations.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

Paul says to stop with the genealogies. Stop with thinking about who is related to which Jew.

It does NOT matter.

1 Timothy 1:4 or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God's work--which is by faith.

WHICH IS BY FAITH.

Which is by faith means it does NOT matter about to whom we are blood related it only matters about those who have faith in Jesus' blood cleaning them of the sins they repent of doing.

iamaberean

The lost sheep of Israel are the Jews Jesus spoke to.
No they are not!

They were called sheep because they were already God's.
Yes, you are right here.

They were lost because they did not have an appropriate shepherd to lead them.
This is because they had gone a whoring after other gods.

Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."
You have misquoted scripture,
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
The house of Israel was referring to those that had lived in northern Israel before their capture.

Jesus spent his time here on earth instructing those who lived in the area, Jews.

chair

Some here are taking the term "House of Israel" too literally. Though it may have been used to relate to the northern tribes early on, and in specific contexts (Israel vs. Judah), it became a general term for the people we call "Jews" today. We call ourselves Israel to this day, even in our prayers. This is the way Jesus would have understood it.

Take a look at Psalms 115 and 118, to see how Israel was used as a general term even in the Bible.

iamaberean

Some here are taking the term "House of Israel" too literally. Though it may have been used to relate to the northern tribes early on, and in specific contexts (Israel vs. Judah), it became a general term for the people we call "Jews" today. We call ourselves Israel to this day, even in our prayers. This is the way Jesus would have understood it.

Take a look at Psalms 115 and 118, to see how Israel was used as a general term even in the Bible.

I'll repeat myself.

All Jews are of Israel but not all of Israel are Jews.

God's Truth

The lost sheep of Israel are the Jews Jesus spoke to.
No they are not!

They were called sheep because they were already God's.
Yes, you are right here.

They were lost because they did not have an appropriate shepherd to lead them.
This is because they had gone a whoring after other gods.

Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."
You have misquoted scripture,
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
The house of Israel was referring to those that had lived in northern Israel before their capture.

Jesus spent his time here on earth instructing those who lived in the area, Jews.

I gave scriptures so you cannot say 'no'.

Jesus came first for the lost sheep of Israel.

It used to be that all Jews were saved as long as they did the purification/ceremonial works.

However, God did not like that.

So God was going to give a new covenant.

This new covenant was going to be based on 'faith', unlike the old law that was not based on faith it was based on some works a person could do to be called a child of God. Those works are the ceremonial/purification works.

God cut off all the Jews who did not already have faith in Him. God cut them off and bound them all over to the same exact place as the Gentiles who were unsaved.

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles. That means Jesus came only for the lost sheep of Israel, but then ALL can come to him to be saved AFTER they received the message first. WHY? WHY you might ask. BECAUSE the Jews who had faith were the Jews who already belonged to God by obedience to the purification works and by faith.

You are speaking about worthless things when you speak about certain Jews ACCORDING TO REGIONS AND BLOOD RELATIONS.

God cut off ALL JEWS who did NOT HAVE FAITH.

God gave to Jesus only the Jews who had FAITH.

Being a Jew from a certain region or being a Jew from a certain son or brother does NOT MATTER. Only Jews with FAITH mattered and to this day it is the only people who matter to God.

chair

I'll repeat myself.

All Jews are of Israel but not all of Israel are Jews.

I do not know what that means.

I do know that your statement "The house of Israel was referring to those that had lived in northern Israel before their capture" in incorrect. That is what I was pointing out. It is wrong.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"And when the children of your people speak to you, saying, ‘Will you not show us what you mean by these?’— say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim and the tribes of Israel his companions and I will join them with it with the stick of Judah and make them one stick and they will be one in My hand." (Ezekiel 37:18-19)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Some here are taking the term "House of Israel" too literally.

I wonder if Jeremiah used it too literally.

"Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah" (Jeremiah 31:31)

Nope, I think he meant it.

The Jews have written off the King of Israel and they seem to believe God has forsaken the birthright nations.

chair

I wonder if Jeremiah used it too literally.

"Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah" (Jeremiah 31:31)

Nope, I think he meant it.

The Jews have written off the King of Israel and they seem to believe God has forsaken the birthright nations.

Please read my post again. Here it is, for your convenience:

I've put the relevant part in bold letters. But please read the whole thing.

Jesus was an unfortunate Jew.Not a king. Not a man-god.
So it goes.