LIST OF MY FAVORITE LOSE YOUR SALVATION VERSES

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
If Grace isn't a license to sin, which clearly it is not; and then grace/He Himself-His Spirit ntends to transform us, which He does. The question then arises if we have free will, which we do; Why could we not get off of His train?

There's no such thing as unlimited free will

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There's no such thing as unlimited free will

But we can choose life or we can choose death.

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life that both you and your descendants may live. (Deuteronomy 30:19 NKJV)​

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
But we can choose life or we can choose death.

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life that both you and your descendants may live. (Deuteronomy 30:19 NKJV)​

You did not choose to be born physically which is why you cannot choose life spiritually unless the Father draws you.

Without me you can do nothing

exminister

Hebrews 6

1Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2of instruction about washings and laying on of hands, and the resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment. 3And this we will do, if God permits. 4For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. 7For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

Are the enlightened who have felt the Holy Spirit saved?
Is repentance needed for salvation?

exminister

You did not choose to be born physically which is why you cannot choose life spiritually unless the Father draws you.

Without me you can do nothing

Is this predestination, Calvinism?
I had thought you were not that. If I am correct how is what you wrote above not Calvinism?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Is this predestination, Calvinism?

I had thought you were not that. If I am correct how is what you wrote above not Calvinism?

Calvin went too far on the divine sovereignty side which states that the elect are saved before faith.

The opposite goes too far on the human responsibility side.

I'm in the middle

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Calvinists hate the word divine enablement. Which is my differentiation because unless God takes the initiative man cannot exercise his will to choose Christ. We do not have unlimited free will and our will is doomed to choose sin.

What God does thru grace is place divine enablement in the elect so that once the gospel is presented that person responds in faith by exercising their will to believe. Thus the elect are not saved until they come to faith.

The cross made ALL men savable but the cross was not the only saving instrumentality since faith is required. The only way to make sense of the words of scripture like no man can come to the Son less the Father draw him and none have sought after God not even one, is to take the antinomy as it is.

God elects, God enables, man then chooses God. Without God we can do nothing. Not even choose.
If we could choose God ourselves then God owes it to us to save us since we make the first move.

exminister

Intojoy,
Thank you for the longer explanation. That makes sense to me.

Did you see my questions about Hebrews 6 above?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 6

1Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2of instruction about washings and laying on of hands, and the resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment. 3And this we will do, if God permits. 4For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. 7For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

Are the enlightened who have felt the Holy Spirit saved?

Is repentance needed for salvation?

Yes they're saved. Written in light of the prophecy by Yeshua of the coming A.D. 70 destruction the recipients of the letter were Jewish believers under heavy persecution by the Jewish community, the author is warning them not to hide their faith by assimilating back into Judaism temporarily until the heat went down. Because doing so would lead them to physical death in the coming destruction.

Josephus recorded that there were no Messianic Jews in Jerusalem when the Romans destroyed the city. The believing Jews heeded the letter and thus survived. The judgment warns of physical loss of life and not spiritual loss of salvation.

Repentance whenever used in the context of the gospel is a synonym for faith.

Jamie Gigliotti

Calvinists hate the word divine enablement. Which is my differentiation because unless God takes the initiative man cannot exercise his will to choose Christ. We do not have unlimited free will and our will is doomed to choose sin.

What God does thru grace is place divine enablement in the elect so that once the gospel is presented that person responds in faith by exercising their will to believe. Thus the elect are not saved until they come to faith.

The cross made ALL men savable but the cross was not the only saving instrumentality since faith is required. The only way to make sense of the words of scripture like no man can come to the Son less the Father draw him and none have sought after God not even one, is to take the antinomy as it is.

God elects, God enables, man then chooses God. Without God we can do nothing. Not even choose.
If we could choose God ourselves then God owes it to us to save us since we make the first move.
One choice and then puppeteering. Really no different than Calvinism.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
One choice and then puppeteering. Really no different than Calvinism.

James Jigglemelotty,

Four point:

T - total depravity
U - unlimited atonement
I - irresistible grace
P - perseverance of God

Calvinism:

T - total depravity
U - unconditional election
L - limited atonement
I - irresistible grace
P - perseverance of the saints

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you died tonight and God asks you why you should inherit the kingdom of heaven what will you say?

If I died and then God asked me a question that would mean I had been resurrected.

If I was in the air with Jesus Christ on the way to the Mount of Olives that meant I was in the kingdom.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
If I died and then God asked me a question that would mean I had been resurrected.

If I was in the air with Jesus Christ on the way to the Mount of Olives that meant I was in the kingdom.

10/4 buddy
“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
**Matthew‬ *7:21-23‬ *ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/mat.7.21-23.asv

Sent from my iPhone using TOL