LIST OF MY FAVORITE LOSE YOUR SALVATION VERSES

achduke

Romans 11:22 . Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Revelation 2:5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

2 Timothy 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Romans 11:22 . Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Shall die. Usefulness as a believer, gone.

Revelation 2:5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

Shall die. Usefulness as a believer, gone.

2 Timothy 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

Is not referring to God - see context. The me in question isnt God.

See the very next verse: 11 Only Luke is with me. Get tMark and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for ministry.

Should we assume by this only Luke is saved?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Physical judgement not spiritual

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
1. Romans 11
The olive tree represents the place of spiritual blessings which belongs to Israel.
Gentiles who accept Yeshua can be cut out of receiving spiritual blessings if they boast against the natural branches or if they fail to continue growing abiding in Christ. The olive tree does not represent redemption, atonement or propitiation.

achduke

See the very next verse: 11 Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for ministry.

Should we assume by this only Luke is saved?
It would appear only Luke was with him. Everyone was dispatched elsewhere. Mark would be traveling with Timothy to see Paul. Demas had forsaken Paul but if he was loving the world he was not loving God. That would be a sin.

9 Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: 10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. 11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry. 12 And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus. 13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments. 14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: 15 Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
2. Rev 2:5
The church of Ephesus was the beginning of Catholicism.
The removal of the lampstand is the removal of fruitbearing.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It would appear only Luke was with him. Everyone was dispatched elsewhere. Mark would be traveling with Timothy to see Paul. Demas had forsaken Paul but if he was loving the world he was not loving God. That would be a sin.

9 Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: 10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. 11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry. 12 And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus. 13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments. 14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: 15 Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words

And, the point was it was claimed as proof of loss of salvation, to claim as if God said He was forsaken, when the context is not God.

achduke

And, the point was it was claimed as proof of loss of salvation, to claim as if God said He was forsaken, when the context is not God.

Hebrews 3:12-13 12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
He forsook Paul and loved after the World. Maybe he had come back into the fold later but it seems as he had fallen at that point.

We don't know.

But we know what it doesn't say and that is it doesn't say Demas was saved to begin with. It doesn't say if Demas was saved that he lost his eternal life because he loved the world.

My relationship to God is not based on my righteousness. And when I fail the Lord the worst thing I can do is assume that I'm addicted to my sin that easily besets me. Because the truth is I am no longer a slave to sin. I don't have to sin anymore. But because my newborn spirit is in this body of flesh I am in a daily battle for the control of my will. The flesh seeks satisfaction and will take every opportunity to win. That is why dedication (Rom 12) is the key to victory in this life.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Hebrews 3:12-13 12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

That verse has nothing to do with the other you posted. God wasnt speaking in the other verse you posted. Easy to see too by looking at the next verse after the one you posted.

As to the one you just posted, there were unbelievers in Christ among the audience the audiences being the hebrew/jews. An unbeliever isnt a saved Christian.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
4. Hebrews 3

“And with whom was he displeased forty years? was it not with them that sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness?”
**Hebrews‬ *3:17‬ *ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/heb.3.17.asv

The letter is written in the context of the A.D. Coming destruction of Jerusalem as prophesied by Yeshua in Mt 24.

It is addressed to Jewish believers.

The context is a reminder of the wilderness generation who failed to enter the promised land and died "physically" not spiritual loss of salvation.

The believers promise land is to enter into Messiah's rest - spiritual adulthood. If the Jewish believers failed to stand firm in the faith they too like Moses's generation will suffer physical death in the coming destruction of Jerusalem.

Physical death not spiritual