LIST OF MY FAVORITE LOSE YOUR SALVATION VERSES

achduke

We don't know.

But we know what it doesn't say and that is it doesn't say Demas was saved to begin with. It doesn't say if Demas was saved that he lost his eternal life because he loved the world.

My relationship to God is not based on my righteousness. And when I fail the Lord the worst thing I can do is assume that I'm addicted to my sin that easily besets me. Because the truth is I am no longer a slave to sin. I don't have to sin anymore. But because my newborn spirit is in this body of flesh I am in a daily battle for the control of my will. The flesh seeks satisfaction and will take every opportunity to win. That is why dedication (Rom 12) is the key to victory in this life.

He was treated as a brother in Christ in other letters but we do not know if he was save or not.

Colossians 4:14 Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.

Philemon 1:24 Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas, Lucas, my fellow labourers.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
He was treated as a brother in Christ in other letters but we do not know if he was save or not.

Colossians 4:14 Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.

Philemon 1:24 Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas, Lucas, my fellow labourers.

Either way the text does not support your claim.

Jamie Gigliotti

"But if that servant says in His heart, my Lord delayed his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink and be drunken; the Lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers." Luke 12:45-46
What is your understanding of this?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
"But if that servant says in His heart, my Lord delayed his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink and be drunken; the Lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers." Luke 12:45-46

What is your understanding of this?

Servant did not believe that the Master would return.

Jamie Gigliotti

The key was "portion with the unbelievers"

A servant who chose his on will over his Lord sent with the unbelievers. Why? Because he thought he could get away with it. His master was delayed, he could change later.

This sentiment echoes Paul's words to the Galatian church. Will we follow our Lord, our Master, His Spirit, or ourselves, our will, our desires, our flesh? Every knee will Bow. How will the conversation go?

He is our security, He himself, His presence, His Spirit, our salvation. We can choose to reject Him.

"DO NOT BE DECEIVED: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." Galatians 6:7-8

Jamie Gigliotti

You're basing your rejection of the doctrine of grace based upon a parable? Lol

I wonder how Jesus would react when you say, "Wasn't that just a parable?"

I don't reject grace. We only have forgiveness of our sins and reconciliation with God by grace, which allows for us to be filled with Him. We are not filled with Him if we ingratiate ourselves, the flesh. We choose to follow His Spirit/Him.

"So then brothers we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live." Romans 8:12-13

"But the one who endures until the end will be saved." Matthew 24:13

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I wonder how Jesus would react when you say, "Wasn't that just a parable?"

I don't reject grace. We only have forgiveness of our sins and reconciliation with God by grace, which allows for us to be filled with Him. We are not filled with Him if we ingratiate ourselves, the flesh. We choose to follow His Spirit/Him.

"So then brothers we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live." Romans 8:12-13

"But the one who endures until the end will be saved." Matthew 24:13

I'm not surprised that you wonder what Messiah would think if I said - that's just a parable.

I know exactly what He thinks when I say that and He agrees with my position.

Jamie Gigliotti

I feel sorry for those who think they can loose their salvation. They be pretty insecure.

I feel sorry for those who find security in His promises instead of Him and His presence. Staying in Him, folowing Him and His Spirit brings life here and for eternity.

We either live in Him and grace or ourselves. We have free will to choose.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I feel sorry for those who find security in His promises instead of Him and His presence. Staying in Him, folowing Him and His Spirit brings life here and for eternity.

We either live in Him and grace or ourselves. We have free will to choose.

Sinnin n grinnin

Jamie Gigliotti

Sinnin n grinnin

"...people who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." Jude 1:4

I've tried this living Hell, didn't work out to well. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. The promises brought me nothing but a mirage when I was swimming in my pride and sin and rejection of God, horrendous consequence after another.

Everything is rubbish compared to Him.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
"...people who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." Jude 1:4

I've tried this living Hell, didn't work out to well. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. The promises brought me nothing but a mirage when I was swimming in my pride and sin and rejection of God, horrendous consequence after another.

Everything is rubbish compared to Him.

If you died tonight and God asks you why you should inherit the kingdom of heaven what will you say?

Jamie Gigliotti

If you died tonight and God asks you why you should inherit the kingdom of heaven what will you say?
He's not gonna ask me, He will tell me If I did. If I do it will be based on His grace, His love, Him demonstrated in me.

He doesn't force Himself upon us, we can choose to love the world instead of Him and reject His love and Grace.

Jamie Gigliotti

If Grace isn't a license to sin, which clearly it is not; and then grace/He Himself-His Spirit ntends to transform us, which He does. The question then arises if we have free will, which we do; Why could we not get off of His train?