JWs, Watchtower, Arian, Oneness, Modalist, Christadelphians, etc.

beameup

"free_light" or "bondage-darkness"? You decide.

Ommmmmmmmmmmmm

om-infograpphic.jpg

daqq

Acts 11:26; Acts 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16, notwithstanding, of course. :AMR:

Moonbeams. Other. Sigh.

AMR

Wow, I just learned something new: your father John Calvin is the father of all the moonbeameuppers! Thanks for bringing this to my attention AMR! :)

Since 1827 when John Nelson Darby first invented the word ‘rapture’ to depict his dispensational views, many Christian churches have taught and believed it. Darby is credited as being the father of Dispensationalism in Christian church eschatology; eschatology is a term used for the study of end time events. From his Dispensationalist views, he and his successors built upon a new teaching that Darby introduced to Christianity called the ‘secret rapture.’

John Nelson Darby was closely followed by successive generations of secret rapture eschatology Dispensationalist proponents. Most of the earlier supporters of his views came from the various Calvinistic sects of Christendom. John Calvin was a reformer whose extreme and false views about God’s foreknowledge are used as the basis for another wrong doctrine dubbed ‘Calvinism.’ Calvinism teaches that the sovereign will of God always usurps man’s free will; that it is not man who chooses to have faith in God but that God’s sovereignty decided before the beginning of time who would and would not be saved.

Calvinistic Predestination is another term used to describe this insidious and horribly misguided teaching, that in essence holds God responsible for deciding from the beginning those whom He would send arbitrarily to hell, and those whom He would choose to be His saints forever in heaven. I use a different term for Calvinistic Predestination; I refer to this teaching as ‘The Monster God Doctrine’ because it depicts God as a monstrous despot that gives nobody the opportunity to decide.

One of John Darby’s many odd teachings is his portrayal of God’s ‘special covenant for Israel.’ This philosophy is sometimes included as one of a number of teachings that are called ‘Replacement Eschatology’ because it was used to replace long held teachings of old-line mainstream Christian church denominations in the 1800’s. Being deeply influenced by John Calvin’s predestination theology, Darby concocted a view that said God made a ‘Sovereign’ choice of Israel and the Jewish people as His ‘Elect’ and as His special covenant people.

*...SNIP...*

Again, as stated throughout this overview, the underlying basis for such strange and misguided eschatology is Calvinism’s predestination. Yet dispensationalist teaching ignores the fact that the Scripture ALWAYS teaches (in both Old and New Testaments), that Yahweh Elohiym (i.e. the personal name of God the Father) does not dwell in temples or building that are built by the hands of men (See Isaiah 66:1-5, Acts 7, & Acts 17)
http://www.bibleanswerstand.org/rapture_01.htm

:rotfl:

beameup

The first-generation Early Church Fathers believed in the Tribulation and Pretribulation Harpazo.

The Egyptian Gnostics, on the other hand, fell for every imaginable heresy... right gagg?

Last edited:

daqq

The first-generation Early Church Fathers believed in the Tribulation and Pretribulation Harpazo.

The Egyptian Gnostics, on the other hand, fell for every imaginable heresy... right gagg?

Pretribulation Harpazo? gagg? Who is gagg? You are the one drinking the coolaid. Sorry "beameup" but at this point you are not going to convince me of anything we disagree on because that Calvin-Darby predestination dispensational pretribulational harpazo-rapture cult of yours is just a little toooooo freeeeaky for my taste. The next thing you know the moonbeameuppers are hanging from the chandeliers, scratching their armpits like apes, and speaking in "unknown" gibberish while claiming they speak the tongues of the angels they worship. At that point you may as well be in Guyana listening to the final sermon of Jim Jones sipping the last batch of the homemade super coolaid.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

This is more of the usual nonsense from Bluemel, a man who denies the Trinity, e.g., "the devil is 100% behind the establishing and continuance of a triune God in Christianity". In other words, you are in very good company with this odd duck.

Why should anyone take this confused person seriously? :idunno:

AMR

daqq

This is more of the usual nonsense from Bluemel, a man who denies the Trinity, e.g., "the devil is 100% behind the establishing and continuance of a triune God in Christianity". In other words, you are in very good company with this odd duck.

Why should anyone take this confused person seriously? :idunno:

AMR

Do you therefore deny that Darby was heavily influenced by the predestination doctrine of Calvin?
Should I go dig a little deeper to see if there might be other witnesses that say the same? :)

Zeke

Yet the stories predated the Christian hoax of a flesh and blood sacrifice that is the ultimate blaspheme against our heavenly spiritual parentage. Not that the spirit is effected by such emotional nonsense spoken by carnal minded men who get caught in this worlds religious net, who skips over the more excellent way for exclusive reliance on the letter being historical facts.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you therefore deny that Darby was heavily influenced by the predestination doctrine of Calvin?
Should I go dig a little deeper to see if there might be other witnesses that say the same? :)
Who knows what went through Darby's mind? I am not a dispensationalist.

By the by, the doctrine of predestination is not something Calvin or anyone else invented, other than God, that is. :AMR: Read more. Study more. Cavil less.

AMR

daqq

Who knows what went through Darby's mind? I am not a dispensationalist.

By the by, the doctrine of predestination is not something Calvin or anyone else invented, other than God, that is. :AMR: Read more. Study more. Cavil less.

AMR

Calvin invented his version of predestination and therefore now you essentially equate Calvin to God. And I have no doubt this is true because I can see your pantheon prominently displayed in your signature. :)

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Calvin invented his version of predestination and therefore now you essentially equate Calvin to God. And I have no doubt this is true because I can see your pantheon prominently displayed in your signature. :)
The more you post these vapid assertions the more you display your intellectual laziness. Try actually digesting the works of those that have come before us rather than grabbing up cherry-picked quotes and screeds from web sites. When you can demonstrate Calvin had a version of predestination that materially differs from the very Scriptures he was systematizing, perhaps then you will have something to say worth reading. And, for the record, Calvin's summaries are pre-dated by many, many hundreds of years from a host of men writing on the very same topic. Like many uninformed sorts, you seem to think Calvin invented the doctrines of grace taught in Scripture. The plain fact is that you simply are not a student of theological history and hope to bait others to do your heavy-lifting for you. Rather than embarrassing yourself with public displays of ignorance on weighty theological topics it would be better you do as you are commanded in Scripture and take every word captive for the glory of God.

Tolle lege. :AMR:

AMR

daqq

The more you post these vapid assertions the more you display your intellectual laziness. Try actually digesting the works of those that have come before us rather than grabbing up cherry-picked quotes and screeds from web sites. When you can demonstrate Calvin had a version of predestination that materially differs from the very Scriptures he was systematizing, perhaps then you will have something to say worth reading. And, for the record, Calvin's summaries are pre-dated by many, many hundreds of years from a host of men writing on the very same topic. Like many uninformed sorts, you seem to think Calvin invented the doctrines of grace taught in Scripture. The plain fact is that you simply are not a student of theological history and hope to bait others to do your heavy-lifting for you. Rather than embarrassing yourself with public displays of ignorance on weighty theological topics it would be better you do as you are commanded in Scripture and take every word captive for the glory of God.

Tolle lege. :AMR:

AMR

Your version of Calvinism has already been proven a lie long ago but you are generally too haughty to come back and see how others reply to your nonsensical posts. You are stuck with your own Esau old man nature because you ignored what was said to you then. I see no reason to repeat the same things to you again because you refuse to look upon the truth that is in the scripture when it is posted anyways. :)