Just a System

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
none of it's funny pj - town's a pathetic loser whose only support comes from similar losers like artie and rusha
Among the people Sod is talking about: our late, great Psalmist, Knight. Ktoyou, AMR, or most of the HOF members and then some.

I guess it beats Chrys going on and on about me and popularity. Reminds me of the week a right wing fanatic called me a liberal and a liberal called me a right wing apologist.

Go figure. :plain:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
America has 4% of the world's people, but 25% of its prison population!

That's all you need to know to refute the traditional arguments that jail time and firearms in the hands of private citizens serve as effective deterrents to crime.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
America has 4% of the world's people, but 25% of its prison population!

That's all you need to know to refute the traditional arguments that jail time and firearms in the hands of private citizens serve as effective deterrents to crime.

here's all you need to know:

percentage_of_us_prison_population_and_total_us_population_by_race.gif

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Race is a highly visible but extremely superficial method of classifying mankind - given that only 0.01% of a person's genes account for their physical appearance.

Unless "ok doser" is prepared to argue that "blacks" and "latinos" are genetically inferior to "whites," then the reasons for these disproportionate numbers of visible minorities incarcerated can be attributed to social, economic and political disparities that place them at a distinct disadvantage within American society!

The fact remains that America can never build enough jails or produce enough guns for its private citizens to serve as deterrents to crime.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

none of it's funny pj - town's a pathetic loser whose only support comes from similar losers like artie and rusha

Really none too bright are ya? Even you should be aware that Town has support from a load of conservatives here including the very owner of this site. If anything I disagree with TH over certain issues than support him but then if you weren't so ludicrously obsessed with the guy you'd realize all of this.

Sad...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Unless "ok doser" is prepared to argue that "blacks" and "latinos" are genetically inferior to "whites,"...

it's possible, I suppose :idunno:

jg said:
then the reasons for these disproportionate numbers of visible minorities incarcerated can be attributed to social, economic and political disparities that place them at a distinct disadvantage within American society!

I would say that the reasons can be attributed to the fact that they commit more crimes

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So this thread is about any justice system? Or any failure of any justice system?

The latter doesn't really seem to mean much. I think I noted this, but considering the volume of cases held by most systems, you could get it absolutely right 99% of the time and still have between hundreds to thousands of exceptions, of miscarriages to promote. If you did that, without noting the rule you'd be presenting a distortion of that rule.

What could be the point of that?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So this thread is about any justice system? Or any failure of any justice system?

The latter doesn't really seem to mean much. I think I noted this, but considering the volume of cases held by most systems, you could get it absolutely right 99% of the time and still have between hundreds to thousands of exceptions, of miscarriages to promote. If you did that, without noting the rule you'd be presenting a distortion of that rule.

What could be the point of that?
Serpy is good

Zeke

Wake up and grasp the system you support. slavery
! Don't Don't worry the system is looking out for you.

Zeke

My my what a tangled web they weave, they can spell good and have good grammar and sentence structure though, but their soul is lost in the matrix.