Judaic Christians and Pagan Christians

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Paul's gospel,........"my gospel"

Paul's gospel,........"my gospel"

His own gospel? How so?

Paul preached the gospel of God.

That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable being sanctified by the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:16 KJV)​

The gospel of God is the gospel God preached to Abraham.

And the scripture foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, "In thee shall all nations be blessed." (Galatians 3:8 KJV)​

Paul preached God's gospel that through Abraham all nations would be blessed.

Blessed how?

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Galatians 3:14 KJV)​

Paul preached God's gospel.

Paul used the illustration and example of Abraham in his allegorical teaching of course, assuming a universal blessing promised long ago to Abraham that would fulfill itself with 'joining' Jews and gentiles as one "In Christ",...but this is Paul's gospel-spin, since he claimed he got his gospel by 'revelation' (something personally received from spiritual sources, visions, inner insights, gnosis, etc.). He at least twice called the gospel 'his' gospel,...specifically denoting that, and differentiating it from any other gospel (this would include and pointedly so, the 'gospel' that Jesus and his original apostles taught). - important to note and research that point.

Portal Page on Paul here.

Also, can you find anywhere where Paul claimed he got his gospel teaching or tradition from the pillars and actual apostles of Jesus who knew Jesus physically? Give it a go. Paul exclusively continues to speak of his own 'revelations' exclusively from Jesus (who at this point is some spiritual 'Christ', an etheric entity of some sort, also appearing during his 'conversion experience' as a 'voice' and a 'light'). Paul lifts himself up arrogantly saying he has nothing to do with the apostles in Jerusalem on one occasion, going so far as to call a curse down on any other gospel other than his being preached. In Galatia he butted heads with Peter and other disciples of Jesus from Jerusalem, due to these 'differences' in gospel teaching and other 'tensions'.

So the claim that 'Paul preached the gospel of God',...I wouldn't buy that wholly, since it depends on what you mean by that,....he (or whoever this person was,..his historical identity is debatable by some) clearly owned that his gospel was personally revealed to him. Can you find anywhere else in the NT any of the original apostles teaching exactly what Paul taught? This entire issue over who to follow, Jesus or Paul (as if a choice could be made) is debated among some scholars and laymen, while others reconcile the 2 different gospel-messages in their own way.

Anyways, we have threads on 'Paul', and I could link some more critical scholarly studies and honest skepticism about his ministry as it relates to Christendom in general, and many points in particular...unfortunately some have exalted him to almost a 'deified' status, and to share anything 'controversial' or even slightly antagonistic of him, could be seen as 'intentional blasphemy'. I see it as intellectual honesty, earnestness in research. If you're serious about learning facts and knowing the truth of anything, you have to be willing to allow what you think you know, or what you believe to be shattered, if a new discovery or truth emerges, proving your previous beliefs or assumptions to be in 'error'. In this vein, I progress along......

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul used the illustration and example of Abraham in his allegorical teaching of course, assuming a universal blessing promised long ago to Abraham that would fulfill itself with 'joining' Jews and gentiles as one "In Christ",...but this is Paul's gospel-spin, since he claimed he got his gospel by 'revelation' (something personally received from spiritual sources, visions, inner insights, gnosis, etc.). He at least twice called the gospel 'his' gospel,...specifically denoting that, and differentiating it from any other gospel (this would include and pointedly so, the 'gospel' that Jesus and his original apostles taught). - important to note and research that point.

Also, can you find anywhere where Paul claimed he got his gospel teaching or tradition from the pillars and actual apostles of Jesus who knew Jesus physically? Give it a go. Paul exclusively continues to speak of his own 'revelations' exclusively from Jesus (who at this point is some spiritual 'Christ', an etheric entity of some sort, also appearing during his 'conversion experience' as a 'voice' and a 'light'). Paul lifts himself up arrogantly saying he has nothing to do with the apostles in Jerusalem on one occasion, going so far as to call a curse down on any other gospel other than his being preached. In Galatia he butted heads with Peter and other disciples of Jesus from Jerusalem, due to these 'differences' in gospel teaching and other 'tensions'.

So the claim that 'Paul preached the gospel of God',...I wouldn't buy that wholly, since it depends on what you mean by that,....he (or whoever this person was,..his historical identity is debatable by some) clearly owned that his gospel was personally revealed to him. Can you find anywhere else in the NT any of the original apostles teaching exactly what Paul taught? This entire issue over who to follow, Jesus or Paul (as if a choice could be made) is debated among some scholars and laymen, while others reconcile the 2 different gospel-messages in their own way.

Anyways, we have threads on 'Paul', and I could link some more critical scholarly studies and honest skepticism about his ministry as it relates to Christendom in general, and many points in particular...unfortunately some have exalted him to almost a 'deified' status, and to share anything 'controversial' or even slightly antagonistic of him, could be seen as 'intentional blasphemy'. I see it as intellectual honesty, earnestness in research. If you're serious about learning facts and knowing the truth of anything, you have to be willing to allow what you think you know, or what you believe to be shattered, if a new discovery or truth emerges, proving your previous beliefs or assumptions to be in 'error'. In this vein, I progress along......

pj

Your opinions (because you're an Occultist/Cultist) have no
worthiness to be considered! Are you trying to pretend you're
something that you're not?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Doing right.............

Doing right.............

Righteousness is found in our faith by keeping the moral concepts of God.

More pointedly, 'righteousness' is DOING what is right. While Abraham had 'faith', that faith was not proved as 'living' or 'dynamic' until he put it into ACTION.

pj

CherubRam

More pointedly, 'righteousness' is DOING what is right. While Abraham had 'faith', that faith was not proved as 'living' or 'dynamic' until he put it into ACTION.

pj

I just wanted to state that Paul's words are at times misunderstood. He did preach that Yahshua was the Messiah, and the keeping of the commandments.

CherubRam

The corruptions in our scriptures were all to accommodate the Babylonian Mystery cults. You can thank the Gnostics and Catholics for that.

OCTOBER23

PRESS TOWARD THE PEARL OF THE NEW JERUSALEM

Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price,

went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so,

I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again,

and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Revelation 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls;

every several gate was of one pearl:

and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it:

for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared

of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Also, can you find anywhere where Paul claimed he got his gospel teaching or tradition from the pillars and actual apostles of Jesus who knew Jesus physically?

Paul did not receive his gospel from the other apostles, he received it directly from Jesus Christ.

Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me, but I went into Arabia and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter and abode with him fifteen days. (Galatians 1:17-18 KJV)

For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you... (1 Corinthians 11:23 KJV)​

Paul had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

And the night following the Lord stood by him and said, "Be of good cheer, Paul, for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem so must thou bear witness also at Rome." (Acts 23:11 KJV)(Red letter in the KJV)​

CherubRam

2 Corinthians 4
7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay (scriptures) to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, (From Jews, Gnostics, Pagans, Philosophers, Secret Society, and Governments) but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Last edited:

CherubRam

The Day of the Lord
Isaiah 2:6.

You, Lord, have abandoned your people,
the descendants of Jacob.
They are full of superstitions from the East;
they practice divination like the Philistines
and embrace pagan customs.

Ezekiel 22:26
Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

I hope you find the term "Pagan Christian" offensive, that would at least be a good sign. So what have you done since the last post to change your Pagan ways? Do you even know what Pagans believe, or what does not belong in the bible?

Daniel 8:12
Because of rebellion, the LORD’s people and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.[scriptural truth]

Rome canonized the scriptures, and the Hellenist also made changes.

Jeremiah 8:8
“‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

1 Corinthians 2:10
these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

2 Timothy 3
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

By searching scriptures and history we can discover what the truth is. We were told this would happen, it is not a secret. Do not let your emotions guide you, rely upon sound logic to find the truth.

1 Timothy 6:20
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: [Oppose false science]

In those days Gnosticism was the false science.

CherubRam

pj

Christ, the disciple, along with Paul, they were all combating Paganism, Gnosticism, Hellenism, Mysticism and Philosophy.