Judaic Christians and Pagan Christians

JonahofAkron

His own gospel? How so?

Paul preached the gospel of God.

That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable being sanctified by the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:16 KJV)​

The gospel of God is the gospel God preached to Abraham.

And the scripture foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, "In thee shall all nations be blessed." (Galatians 3:8 KJV)​

Paul preached God's gospel that through Abraham all nations would be blessed.

Blessed how?

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Galatians 3:14 KJV)​

Paul preached God's gospel.
Awesome.

Aimiel

Satan operates in our lives by magnifying differences with hatred. Pagan Christians? Seriously? Why not just change your slogan to: "Stand over there, for I am holier-than-thou."?

CherubRam

Satan operates in our lives by magnifying differences with hatred. Pagan Christians? Seriously? Why not just change your slogan to: "Stand over there, for I am holier-than-thou."?
Is there anything wrong with me wanting Christians to improve themselves?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you think you have a better answer, then feel free to inform us.

With pleasure. :up:

Men attain righteousness through the atoning work of Jesus Christ. Nothing they do — no good deed, no avoidance of evil, nothing — can add even one iota to their righteousness, which is complete and final in the salvation that God provides.

So when you say some people are more Christian than others because of their actions, you preach a perversion of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Levolor

Cherub Ram,

It is good to meet another who believes God is a God of covenants, and not dispensations. I use the following statement for the purpose of example.

Men attain righteousness through the atoning work of Jesus Christ. Nothing they do — no good deed, no avoidance of evil, nothing — can add even one iota to their righteousness, which is complete and final in the salvation that God provides.

So when you say some people are more Christian than others because of their actions, you preach a perversion of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

There are only those who are the "first been called", and those who have progressed beyond this state.

All who have been called are judged righteous and justified... before God.

But, as the book of 1 Corinthians shows, the carnal man/the just now called Christians are still behaving as a natural man would. Through this behavior no glory is given to God. All those who are called, are to do all things to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Strife... is it glorious? James 3:16

There are lots of scripture to show what does not give glory to God and also will not bring us into the presence of God. Maybe I should show some?

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:19, 20, 21

More from the risen Christ:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Revelation 21:8

...no avoidance of evil...

:think:

More from Paul:

Abstain from all appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Why?

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. Romans 12:1

Seems to me that St. Paul is telling that each of us are to do something.

Nothing they do...

But others say that there is nothing they do and so they continue on with the works of the flesh, without remorse or repentance. At least there is no speaking of repentance.

Yet, Paul says: And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Acts 17:30

I do believe that righteousness and salvation are given as a gift from God, Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us so:

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Yet, to me, according to the Parable of the Talents, salvation is the one talent. We are to add to this salvation to make a person's calling and election sure. (2 Peter 1:2-10)

But, alas, MADist don't listen to the other Apostles who were also taught by the risen Christ. And so they go towards destruction according to God's word in 2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

As Paul said, and was pointed out above, there are those who continue to sin who will not inherit the kingdom of God. They will not inherit because they were never made a son of God even though they were given the power 'to become' sons of God. (John 1:12) That power to have such a great salvation was neglected.

May all act upon the call to repentance (Acts 17:30) and also to have, as Our risen Lord said, "To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me". Acts 26: 18

Oh yes! To be sanctified! To be set apart for God's use. To be chosen! Many are called, but few chosen. We do see the reasons why, and yes, there are differences upon Christians... those who say that there is nothing to do, and those who act upon the given instructions, and thereby grow up into Him in all things.

Ephesians 4:15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

Yes, there is much to do in putting on the new man, as instructed especially in verse 24, who has put on true holiness. Yes, we have to 'put him on' not leave him inside where no one sees him or is able to give God thanks... yes, work out your own salvation we are told with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12).

May all put on the new man wherein is true holiness and godliness.

CherubRam

We are judged by how we live our lives.
I understand Christ sacrificed for peoples sins once for all when he offered himself, but that does not mean we sit on our hands and do nothing.

CherubRam

Cherub Ram,

It is good to meet another who believes God is a God of covenants, and not dispensations. I use the following statement for the purpose of example.

There are only those who are the "first been called", and those who have progressed beyond this state.

All who have been called are judged righteous and justified... before God.
Good work. :up: