John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

When you are standing in the judgment and you present YOUR righteousness to God, the last thing that you are going to hear is... "Depart from me, I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

When you stand before God, you will have the truth blazing on what you did in your life, it will be exposed.

You will be responsible for all those drug addicts you told to only believe and nothing about what you do. You preach we do not have to obey and that we cannot obey.

I would not want to be you when that happens.

Robert Pate

Banned
When you stand before God, you will have the truth blazing on what you did in your life, it will be exposed.

You will be responsible for all those drug addicts you told to only believe and nothing about what you do. You preach we do not have to obey and that we cannot obey.

I would not want to be you when that happens.

In the judgment I will pass with flying colors, because I am "in Christ" I am trusting in the righteousness of Christ and not my own righteousness, Philippians 3:9.

On the other hand, you will be standing there saying, "But Lord, Lord, didn't I keep the commandments" that is when you will hear "Depart from me I never knew you" Matthew 7:21-23.

God's Truth

In the judgment I will pass with flying colors, because I am "in Christ" I am trusting in the righteousness of Christ and not my own righteousness, Philippians 3:9.

On the other hand, you will be standing there saying, "But Lord, Lord, didn't I keep the commandments" that is when you will hear "Depart from me I never knew you" Matthew 7:21-23.

Jesus told those who did not repent of their sins to depart from him.

You have said yourself that you are the worst of sinners.

You have condemned yourself.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus told those who did not repent of their sins to depart from him.

You have said yourself that you are the worst of sinners.

You have condemned yourself.

No, Jesus told those that were trusting in their works and their obedience, Matthew 7:22, to depart from him because he didn't know them.

daqq

Romans 5:12 T/R
12 δια τουτο ωσπερ δι ενος ανθρωπου η αμαρτια εις τον κοσμον εισηλθε και δια της αμαρτιας ο θανατος και ουτως εις παντας ανθρωπους ο θανατος διηλθεν εφ ω παντες ημαρτον

"ο θανατος διηλθεν εφ ω παντες ημαρτον" ~ "death passed through upon all who did sin"

Romans 5:12-14 YLT (T/R)
12 because of this, even as through one man the sin did enter into the world, and through the sin the death; and thus to all men the death did pass through, for that all did sin;
["death passed through upon all who did sin"]
13 for till law sin was in the world: and sin is not reckoned when there is not law;
14 but the death did reign from Adam till Moses, even upon those not having sinned in the likeness of Adam's transgression, who is a type of him who is coming.

See what this truly says? Death reigned from Adam until Moses: even over those NOT having sinned in the same manner as Adam had transgressed. Does it sound "fair" that death passed through even upon those who had not sinned after the same manner as Adam's transgression? Adam had a direct commandment from the Creator and disobeyed it, (and he was not deceived either, he knew what he was doing, O the humanity!), but the same cannot be said for many other people who came after him. And yet Adam is the type, (typecast, typology), of Messiah who was to come. Therefore the argument which Paul is building is designed to show how grace abounds even more in the same "unfair" way for the even greater good, that is, grace passes to all men because death passed through to all men even though not all sinned after the manner of Adam's transgression, (though all have sinned). Thus what follows in Romans 5:15 cannot be rendered correctly the way it is rendered in most English translations because, if so, the very point which Paul is making in the preceding context above is lost to the reader. I'm not even going to touch Romans 5:15 for now because the above is clear enough as it is, (it should force others to seek out the truth for themselves). However there is no room for elitism in the writings of Paul because Messiah, at Golgotha, dragged the all unto himself; for he is the Light of the world that enlightens every human being coming into the world, and if you slay the Light of the world, then thus we judge: that the all died, (2 Cor 5:14). :)

Romans 5:15 W/H
15 αλλ ουχ ως το παραπτωμα ουτως [και] το χαρισμα ει γαρ τω του ενος παραπτωματι οι πολλοι απεθανον πολλω μαλλον η χαρις του θεου και η δωρεα εν χαριτι τη του ενος ανθρωπου ιησου χριστου εις τους πολλους επερισσευσεν
15 ??? But is the free gift not also in the same manner as the transgression? For if by the transgression of one, the many died, (the multitude), then so much more the grace of God and the gift-offering by grace, that is of one man, ιησου χριστου, super-abounds to the many, (the multitude).

??? The above sure seems to be the jist of what Paul is saying . . . ???

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Romans 5:15 W/H
15 αλλ ουχ ως το παραπτωμα ουτως [και] το χαρισμα ει γαρ τω του ενος παραπτωματι οι πολλοι απεθανον πολλω μαλλον η χαρις του θεου και η δωρεα εν χαριτι τη του ενος ανθρωπου ιησου χριστου εις τους πολλους επερισσευσεν
15 ??? But is the free gift not also in the same manner as the transgression? For if by the transgression of one, the many died, (the multitude), then so much more the grace of God and the gift-offering by grace, that is of one man, ιησου χριστου, super-abounds to the many, (the multitude).

??? The above sure seems to be the jist of what Paul is saying . . . ???

Mmm hmm :tunes:

God's Truth

No, Jesus told those that were trusting in their works and their obedience, Matthew 7:22, to depart from him because he didn't know them.

You have been taught by a false teacher to say that, for I have heard that exact ridiculous explanation before.

Jesus says plainly that they were evildoers.

No one is an evil doer for doing right.

People are evil doers for not repenting of their sins.

You can cast out demons and heal people in the name of Jesus, but if you are cheating on your wife, stealing, etc, then you are not saved.

Robert Pate

Banned
You have been taught by a false teacher to say that, for I have heard that exact ridiculous explanation before.

Jesus says plainly that they were evildoers.

No one is an evil doer for doing right.

People are evil doers for not repenting of their sins.

You can cast out demons and heal people in the name of Jesus, but if you are cheating on your wife, stealing, etc, then you are not saved.

All or most of what the Pharisees did was to be seen by men. They were religious show boats.

Is your obedience out of love for Christ and his Gospel, or are you a religious show boat?

God's Truth

All or most of what the Pharisees did was to be seen by men. They were religious show boats.

Is your obedience out of love for Christ and his Gospel, or are you a religious show boat?

You preach your doing nothing is something.

I obey Jesus because I wanted to be a child of God more than I wanted anything.

daqq

Maybe ALL.:idunno:

Hmmm, well there are two out of at least three cups mentioned at the Seder: one covenant "for many", (Mt 26:28 ASV, Mk 14:24 ASV, Lk 22:17 ASV), and one new covenant "for you", (Lk 22:20 ASV). So with the mind I myself serve the Torah of Elohim, (which is Horeb and of above), but against the flesh I employ the Torah of sin, (which is Sinai and of below), and thereby I subdue my body and bring it into subjection, mortifying the unruly "members" which are upon my land; lest by any means I should be found a castaway. And yet every man is likened to a city, (πολις), for you are the light of the world: a city that is set on the mountain of Elohim cannot be hidden. However a πολις generally describes a city with an outer perimeter wall; and yet most all cites with walls had an outer perimeter area roundabout the outside of the city wall, which is called the commons or profane, (in much the same way as the temple analogies that "profane" area represents the flesh). And outside the city walls are the various little hamlets, and unwalled villages, and even all sorts of wild creatures and beasts, (lol). So perhaps then οι πολλοι and τους πολλους are better words for Romans 5:15 than "all" because it may just mean all of your city, including all of your little hamlets and unwalled villages, (for Messiah is the Savior of the body, (Eph 5:23), that is to say, in the End, "the last day", if we do what he admonishes us to do, and continue in his Testimony and doctrine, and endure unto the End).

At least that is my forty-two sense. :)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hmmm, well there are two out of at least three cups mentioned at the Seder: one covenant "for many", (Mt 26:28 ASV, Mk 14:24 ASV, Lk 22:17 ASV), and one new covenant "for you", (Lk 22:20 ASV). So with the mind I myself serve the Torah of Elohim, (which is Horeb and of above), but against the flesh I employ the Torah of sin, (which is Sinai and of below), and thereby I subdue my body and bring it into subjection, mortifying the unruly "members" which are upon my land; lest by any means I should be found a castaway. And yet every man is likened to a city, (πολις), for you are the light of the world: a city that is set on the mountain of Elohim cannot be hidden. However a πολις generally describes a city with an outer perimeter wall; and yet most all cites with walls had an outer perimeter area roundabout the outside of the city wall, which is called the commons or profane, (in much the same way as the temple analogies that "profane" area represents the flesh). And outside the city walls are the various little hamlets, and unwalled villages, and even all sorts of wild creatures and beasts, (lol). So perhaps then οι πολλοι and τους πολλους are better words for Romans 5:15 than "all" because it may just mean all of your city, including all of your little hamlets and unwalled villages, (for Messiah is the Savior of the body, (Eph 5:23), that is to say, in the End, "the last day", if we do what he admonishes us to do, and continue in his Testimony and doctrine, and endure unto the End).

At least that is my forty-two sense. :)

While that might be my all, His all may include many more.

Them little hamlets used to be purdy spectacular.

daqq

Lol, but some of them are partially blind, (hamlet hobits, suburbians, and cave-dwellers, and they are enemies for the sake of the gospel going forth into all your land, but they are beloved for the sake of the fathers), and at the end of their age they will be partying like it's 1999, (I speak as a fool, but I know of what I speak!).

The Anointed one and his disciples went to another hamlet, and it came to pass that as they went in the Way, a certain one said unto him, "I will follow you wheresoever you go!" So the Anointing looked him up and down and all around, and the Anointed one said to him, The foxes have their burrows, and fowls of the air have their perches; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head!

Probable translation: Your house is already full! :Nineveh:

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
You preach your doing nothing is something.

I obey Jesus because I wanted to be a child of God more than I wanted anything.

It appears to me that you are trying to be good enough to be saved.

"But to him that does no works, (or obedience) but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

You will never be good enough to merit salvation because you are a sinner, Romans 3:23.

Status
Not open for further replies.