John 20:28 and the Trinity

meshak

BANNED
Banned
But Meshak… That is NOT what scripture tells us. If you wish, just post the verses which tell us why they wanted to kill Him.

I read the scripture contextually. I don't read it to fit into illogical doctrines.

That's what most trin believers are doing.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Greetings Bright Raven, Because they did not correctly understand what Jesus said, and even then they did not accept his answer.
John 10:29–39 (KJV): 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. 39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,
Jesus said that he is the Son of God and that God is his Father. This is part of the buildup of antagonism, starting from the baptism of John, and the various incidents with Jesus, for example their attempt to arrest him John 7, their attempt to trap him John 8 and the healing of the blind man John 9. Even here with this attempt to stone him, I suggest that a few of the Pharisees attempted to stir up the crowd, but would not be game themselves to cast the first stone, lest most of the crowd would turn on them.

Kind regards
Trevor

Guess they never quite understood Him did, they? How many times did they attempt to stone Him?

Rosenritter

Greetings again Rosenritter, To be honest, I had difficulty with understanding what you were stating in your earlier post and I am still having difficulty. My understanding of Psalm 82 is that the Psalmist is speaking against corrupt Judges, who were not fulfilling their appointed role of being impartial in their judgement. So "God judges among the gods" represents that God judges amongst the Judges. God the Father is ultimately the Judge, but Moses appointed 70 Judges to help administer the day to day judgements, when he was overburdened with all the people that sought his decisions.
Because the Hebrew here has “Elohim”, and this word is usually translated “God” in most contexts. The KJV translators saw this difficulty and translated this as “judges”, while many Modern Translations override this and translate this as “God”. A proper understanding here is that it is speaking of the Judges representing God, but this is difficult to convey without having an extensive footnote or margin explanation.
What you say about the larger issues of sin against God and eternal life is true, but Jesus draws upon Psalm 82 and the reference to the Unjust Judges, and this then takes us back to the Judges appointed by Moses. Instead of stopping short at their accusation of blasphemy, we should carefully consider Jesus’ answer to their accusation.

Another layer in Jesus quoting Psalm 82 is that he is suggesting that those who were trying to arrest him, to trap him and now falsely accuse him, are actually also fulfilling Psalm 82 as the corrupt Judges who would be replaced by the true Judge, the true Son of God, and God would judge them and reject them. This occurred in part in AD70.

Kind regards
Trevor

The meaning behind the reference to Psalm 82 was two-fold.

1. On the surface naming the Pharisees as corrupt judges ("ye are gods") which itself gets their attention, but
2. More importantly the charge of blasphemy is void in the because face that He (Jesus) is the God that judges the gods with ultimate judgment.

Since both the Old Testament and Christ's words in the New Testament establish that the LORD God Jehovah is he who judges the "gods" and all men (and who can forgive sin but God alone?) the meaning is complete.

I suspect you may be questioning the KJV translation "God judges among the gods" as both "God" and "gods" are from the same Hebrew elohim... but the Hebrew grammar itself shows that the first elohim "God" is speaking of a single person, not a grouping. The "thou" is singular.

Psalms 82:8 KJV
(8) Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

You may want "O God" and "God judges the gods" to mean "not the LORD God" but who else could this be? If it meant "the LORD God plus one" or "the LORD God plus many" (in the sense of elohim including others like saints or created angels) then "thou" (singular) should be "you" (plural).

This means that Jesus is the God that judges the gods, he is the God that shall inherit all nations, he is the God that judges the quick and the dead in the final day. Even if you have reservations (paradigm seldom shifts that quickly) do you at least understand the premise, as to why "I have said, ye are gods" doesn't dispute Christ's status as the LORD God?

Spoiler
In the same manner, he is the God that created the heavens and the earth and the God of which is rightly worshiped by both men and angels, the God that forgives our sins. There's nothing that Jesus doesn't do that God does, and no way in which we relate to God that isn't applicable to Jesus.

TrevorL

Greetings again Rosenritter,
The meaning behind the reference to Psalm 82 was two-fold.
1. On the surface naming the Pharisees as corrupt judges ("ye are gods") which itself gets their attention, but
2. More importantly the charge of blasphemy is void in the because face that He (Jesus) is the God that judges the gods with ultimate judgment.
Since both the Old Testament and Christ's words in the New Testament establish that the LORD God Jehovah is he who judges the "gods" and all men (and who can forgive sin but God alone?) the meaning is complete.
I suspect you may be questioning the KJV translation "God judges among the gods" as both "God" and "gods" are from the same Hebrew elohim... but the Hebrew grammar itself shows that the first elohim "God" is speaking of a single person, not a grouping. The "thou" is singular.
Psalms 82:8 KJV (8) Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.
I understand that Jesus is the new Elohim, the new Judge who replaces the 70 under Moses, and He, Jesus will judge the former Elohim, the Judges because they were unfaithful and failed to fulfil their role of being impartial, and sought their own wealth and pride through their position of responsibility. God the Father has given this role to Jesus, the Son of God because of his faithfulness, his sinlessness, and Jesus combines all the many roles revealed partially in the OT, High Priest, King, Judge, Prophet, Shepherd. All of this does not prove he is God, but the Son of God, born of Mary, holy in character and raised from the dead and exalted to sit at the right hand of God. Jesus is Elohim, as he represents God and fully reveals all that God is in power and character and immortal being and he is Lord and Master John 20:28. The OT language where it uses "Elohim" for the Judges prepares the way to understand "Elohim" when it applies to Jesus, and helps to understand John 20:28.

Kind regards
Trevor

Mixed_Brown

Incorrect, witness.

The term 'Christian', as used in scripture, lexically reads as....'The name was first given to the worshippers of Jesus by the Gentiles'.

This was later perverted and used by anyone claiming to 'follow' Jesus Christ....like JW cult followers, etc...

May I ask where you got that definition of Christian?
This is the first time I have heard that definition so I looked it up in multiple lexicons and they all give a similar definition of ' a follower of Christ' No mention of worship.
Which lexicon did you use?

Rosenritter

I understand that Jesus is the new Elohim, the new Judge who replaces the 70 under Moses, and He, Jesus will judge the former Elohim, the Judges because they were unfaithful and failed to fulfil their role of being impartial, and sought their own wealth and pride through their position of responsibility. God the Father has given this role to Jesus, the Son of God because of his faithfulness, his sinlessness, and Jesus combines all the many roles revealed partially in the OT, High Priest, King, Judge, Prophet, Shepherd. All of this does not prove he is God, but the Son of God, born of Mary, holy in character and raised from the dead and exalted to sit at the right hand of God. Jesus is Elohim, as he represents God and fully reveals all that God is in power and character and immortal being and he is Lord and Master John 20:28. The OT language where it uses "Elohim" for the Judges prepares the way to understand "Elohim" when it applies to Jesus, and helps to understand John 20:28.

Kind regards
Trevor

That's not the reason we are given why Jesus is the judge. Didn't Jesus say that he had all right of Judgment before he had completed his life, when potentially (as you believe) he had the ability to sin and revoke his faith?

God the Father has given this role to Jesus, the Son of God because of his faithfulness, his sinlessness, ...
Here's what we are told, below:

Hebrews 1:2-4 KJV
(2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
(3) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
(4) Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

If it is by inheritance, this means that Jesus didn't need to do anything to have that more excellent name than the angels. It isn't a question of faith or lack of sin or "living a perfect life" or anything of that sort. Inheritance means it is yours before you enter the equation. Can you explain how that could be possible with a mortal man, someone other than God?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
May I ask where you got that definition of Christian?
This is the first time I have heard that definition so I looked it up in multiple lexicons and they all give a similar definition of ' a follower of Christ' No mention of worship.
Which lexicon did you use?

it literally means "little Christs", a originally derogatory term that was adopted by His followers with pride

TrevorL

That's not the reason we are given why Jesus is the judge. Didn't Jesus say that he had all right of Judgment before he had completed his life, when potentially (as you believe) he had the ability to sin and revoke his faith?
I suggest it is remarkable that Jesus was given all authority before his death and resurrection, but nevertheless this was given to him by God, not because he had this in possession before he was born as you would suggest. You seem to work from the concept that Jesus is God, while I work from the concept that that there is one God the Father and that Jesus is a man, born the Son of God.
Acts 17:30–31 (KJV): 30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
Here's what we are told, below:
Hebrews 1:2-4 KJV (2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
(3) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
(4) Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
If it is by inheritance, this means that Jesus didn't need to do anything to have that more excellent name than the angels. It isn't a question of faith or lack of sin or "living a perfect life" or anything of that sort. Inheritance means it is yours before you enter the equation. Can you explain how that could be possible with a mortal man, someone other than God?
Jesus is the heir because he is the Son of God, and the potential that was there at his birth was fulfilled in his life, his crucifixion, his death and his resurrection and exaltation. Notice it is God who is speaking through His Son, thus even in this passage we have defined that there is one God the Father, and Jesus is the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

Rosenritter

Greetings again Rosenritter, I suggest it is remarkable that Jesus was given all authority before his death and resurrection, but nevertheless this was given to him by God, not because he had this in possession before he was born as you would suggest. You seem to work from the concept that Jesus is God, while I work from the concept that that there is one God the Father and that Jesus is a man, born the Son of God.
Strictly speaking, on its face there is nothing contradictory between those two statements. If there is a difference, you would be confusing the meaning of the word "man" from its context.

Acts 17:30–31 (KJV): 30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

... such as there, for example. Paul is not preaching "Jesus was only a man" but he is referring them to the the person that they crucified, and introducing the resurrection. Yet the way you are reading "man" is not as if it meant "person" but as if it was a metaphysical species. Genesis 18:2, remind me please, were any of those "three men" simply men in the metaphysical sense? Or were they men as "persons" or even in the form of male persons?

Jesus is the heir because he is the Son of God, and the potential that was there at his birth was fulfilled in his life, his crucifixion, his death and his resurrection and exaltation. Notice it is God who is speaking through His Son, thus even in this passage we have defined that there is one God the Father, and Jesus is the Son of God.

Kind regards

Trevor

I speak to you through Rosenritter but that doesn't mean there's two different persons with different characters and wills.

If God was trying to persuade you that He was He, is there any form of identification you would accept? Or would nothing work, because no matter what you would in your mind believe that he would never speak directly to you, always staying behind a dark curtain and sending someone else to speak for him?

TrevorL

Strictly speaking, on its face there is nothing contradictory between those two statements. If there is a difference, you would be confusing the meaning of the word "man" from its context.
The contradiction is that I do not accept that Jesus is God in the English sense of the word. I believe that he is “God” (Elohim) in the Biblical sense of the word, and I have tried to explain this when I was speaking about the Judges. In some contexts the Angels are also called “God” (Elohim). There is only one God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
... such as there, for example. Paul is not preaching "Jesus was only a man" but he is referring them to the the person that they crucified, and introducing the resurrection. Yet the way you are reading "man" is not as if it meant "person" but as if it was a metaphysical species. Genesis 18:2, remind me please, were any of those "three men" simply men in the metaphysical sense? Or were they men as "persons" or even in the form of male persons?
I believe that Jesus was born human, a man child, and he has continued to be a man, but because of his birth also the Son of God. Jesus never had two natures, God and man, but only human nature. He came in the flesh. Jesus is not God in the English sense of the word. The three Angels were in appearance as men, but they were Angels. The record is stating the first impression that these Angels had on Abraham when he first saw them, but he soon realised that they were Angels, and one of them an Arch Angel. They discussed the birth of Isaac and the fate of Sodom.
I speak to you through Rosenritter but that doesn't mean there's two different persons with different characters and wills. If God was trying to persuade you that He was He, is there any form of identification you would accept? Or would nothing work, because no matter what you would in your mind believe that he would never speak directly to you, always staying behind a dark curtain and sending someone else to speak for him?
God has revealed Himself through His Angels and Prophets, but He dwells in Heaven, who no man has seen or can see, in light unapproachable. Jesus is a man, the Son of God, and Peter, James and John saw Jesus in glory at the Transfiguration, a vision of what Jesus will be like at His return.

Kind regards
Trevor

Rosenritter

Greetings again Rosenritter, The contradiction is that I do not accept that Jesus is God in the English sense of the word. I believe that he is “God” (Elohim) in the Biblical sense of the word, and I have tried to explain this when I was speaking about the Judges. In some contexts the Angels are also called “God” (Elohim). There is only one God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
I believe that Jesus was born human, a man child, and he has continued to be a man, but because of his birth also the Son of God. Jesus never had two natures, God and man, but only human nature. He came in the flesh. Jesus is not God in the English sense of the word. The three Angels were in appearance as men, but they were Angels. The record is stating the first impression that these Angels had on Abraham when he first saw them, but he soon realised that they were Angels, and one of them an Arch Angel. They discussed the birth of Isaac and the fate of Sodom.
God has revealed Himself through His Angels and Prophets, but He dwells in Heaven, who no man has seen or can see, in light unapproachable. Jesus is a man, the Son of God, and Peter, James and John saw Jesus in glory at the Transfiguration, a vision of what Jesus will be like at His return.

Kind regards
Trevor

I'm having trouble discerning an answer from that, but it seemed like a "no". Here's the question again. Was your answer "no, no identification would be or could be accepted?"

Spoiler
I speak to you through Rosenritter but that doesn't mean there's two different persons with different characters and wills. If God was trying to persuade you that He was He, is there any form of identification you would accept? Or would nothing work, because no matter what you would in your mind believe that he would never speak directly to you, always staying behind a dark curtain and sending someone else to speak for him?

TrevorL

I'm having trouble discerning an answer from that, but it seemed like a "no". Here's the question again. Was your answer "no, no identification would be or could be accepted?"
I suggest that your comment (repeated in the spoiler) and question is obscure and I would like to avoid this unless you are more specific in what you are aiming at.

I have stated my basic differences compared to some of the views that you have presented. There is one God the Father. Our Lord Jesus Christ is a man, the Son of God. I feel satisfied in presenting my view of the OT use of Elohim for the Judges and how this helps to understand the subject of this thread John 20:28.

Kind regards
Trevor

NWL

This passage does not refer to ‘The Devil’ [/COLOR]himself, for several reasons:

• ‘Diabolos’ is anarthrous (i.e. it lacks a preceding Greek definite article - hence your unwarranted ignorance to artificially insert 'the'). Thus, rather than referring to ‘The Devil’ it refers to ‘A devil’, a demon – of which, the NT often refers to demons as devils.

• ‘Ho antidikos’ (the adversary) is used in only one other NT passage, Mat 5.25, and is in the context of being thrown into prison.

• The key word ‘hōs’ literally means ‘in the same manner as’, and is used to describe demons in Revelation, ‘in the same manner as’ a lion (Rev 9.8).

• This passage does not pertain to 'The Devil"....but 'A devil'...i.e. a demon...

What can you do now, chap?

Again your position here is unorthodox and almost every single scholar disagrees with you.

‘Ho antidikos’ (the adversary) is used in only one other NT passage, Mat 5.25, and is in the context of being thrown into prison.

This is extremely poor reasoning, the adversary being spoken of in the verse you alluded to was the one possibly throwing the other party into prison. The adversary himself is not the one being spoken of as in prison. You've literally seen the word "adversary" and the word "prison" in a verse where they aren't even contextually referencing the adversary going or being in prison and somehow believe this is evidence that Satan the adversary was bound in a completely unrelated verse.

You're clutching at straws buddy.

(Matt 5:25) "...Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison..."

This passage does not pertain to 'The Devil"....but 'A devil'...i.e. a demon...

Stop with your assumptions! You assume its talking about a demon. almost all scholars, if not all, understand the "Devil" in 1 Peter 5:8 to be Satan, no one understands it to be a demon. The devil is only ever referred to in the singular. Moreover Rev 12:9 plainly shows the Devil (with no definite article) being identified as Satan, destroying your argument.

The key word ‘hōs’ literally means ‘in the same manner as’, and is used to describe demons in Revelation, ‘in the same manner as’ a lion (Rev 9.8).

Poor argumentative skills Bowman. You can't use a scripture in your defense where you've assumed the meaning and is the very point in question.

You assume that the animal/beast are references to demons as spoken in Rev 9, we are currently arguing this point, nowhere in Rev does it say the demons are the ones being spoken of. You trying to link the Devil being called "a roaring lion" and the beasts/animal in Rev having "teeth like a lion" but fail to mention that they are also described as like "horses prepared for battle [with] faces were like human faces, 8 but they had hair like women’s hair" kind of destroys the argument.
(1 Peter 5:8) "..Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, [the] Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.."

(Revelation 9:7, 8) "...And in appearance the locusts resembled horses.. their faces were like human faces, 8 but they had hair like women’s hair. And their teeth were like those of lions[/I...And the sound of their wings was like the sound of horse-drawn chariots rushing into battle. 10 Also, they have tails with stingers like scorpions]..."

The two visual comparisons hardly match up.

Angelic beings and even Jesus himself are compared to as Lions, I doubt you would claim they too are Demons or the devil. You're reasoning is not consistent.

(Revelation 5:5) "..But one of the elders said to me: “Stop weeping. Look! The Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, has conquered so as to open the scroll and its seven seals..”

(Revelation 10:1) "..And I saw another strong angel descending from heaven, arrayed with a cloud, and a rainbow was on his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs were like pillars of fire... and he cried out with a loud voice just as when a lion roars. And when he cried out, the voices of the seven thunders spoke.."

Answer me this, who is the identity of the king of the locusts as mentioned in Rev 9:11, the one named Abandon?

Last edited:

NWL

NWL said:
Really?

You say Satan was bound at Jesus death, 2 Cor 11:14 states Satan himself transforms into an Angel of light. Can someone who is really bound and has no power really transform and disguise himself as an Angel of light? Nope! I don't know about you, but when a scripture state a person himself does something I'm not going to interpret that as that person NOT doing the action that he is described as doing HIMSELF!

(2 Corinthians 11:14) "..And no wonder, for Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light..."

Satan is spoken of as walking about looking to devour people and yet he is somehow bound and powerless, yeah right .

(1 Peter 5:8) "..Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, [the] Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.." (insertions mine)
The Greek verb, μετασχηματίζεται, literally means 'to change outward appearance after a change.'

Thus...what change occurred to Satan that caused him to change his outward appearance?

That is one definition that you've cherry picked as it supports your unorthodox belief which all past and present scholars reject.

Strong's concordance
Definition: to change in fashion or appearance
Usage: I change the outward appearance (the dress, the form of presentment) of something, transfigure; I adapt.

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Definition
to change in fashion or appearance
NASB Translation
disguise (1), disguises (1), disguising (1), figuratively applied (1), transform (1).

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
middle present μετασχηματίζομαι; to change the figure of, to transform

Show me a single usage where "autos" is used with the understanding of "himself/he" on a person where the subject is referring to a group of beings despite the use of "autos" to a singular said person. As I've mentioned before, your ignoring the language "Satan himself turns in a Angel of light" deal with the reasoning.

NWL

Is it actually possible for you to reply to me without a post full of imagined assumptions.

The chapter at no point states or even implies that Demons are the power of Satan, neither does it say the Demons are the ones referred to as the serpents. In fact, a simply read of the chapter, a thing you accused me of ignoring, plainly shows the scorpions are the people of Israel whom God was sending the mentioned men.

(Luke 10:1-3, 17-19) "..After these things the Lord designated 70 others and sent them out by twos ahead of him into every city and place where he himself was to go. 2 Then he said to them: “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few. Therefore, beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest. 3 Go! Look! I am sending you out as lambs in among wolves...17 Then the 70 returned with joy, saying: “Lord, even the demons are made subject to us by the use of your name.” 18 At that he said to them: “I see Satan already fallen like lightning from heaven. 19 Look! I have given you the authority to trample underfoot serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing at all will harm you.."

Jesus sent 70 men among Israel, this resembles when God sent Ezekiel out among the rebellious nation of Israel to preach and God referred the men of Israel as scorpions:

(Ezekiel 2:3-7) "..He [God] went on to say to me: “Son of man, I am sending you to the people of Israel, to rebellious nations that have rebelled against me. They and their forefathers have transgressed against me down to this very day.[/I][/B] 4 I am sending you to sons who are defiant and hardhearted, and you must say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says.’ 5 As for them, whether they listen or refuse to listen—for they are a rebellious house—they will certainly know that a prophet was among them. 6 “But you, son of man, do not be afraid of them, and do not be afraid of their words, although you are surrounded by briars and thorns and are dwelling among scorpions. Do not be afraid of their words, and do not be terrified by their faces, for they are a rebellious house. 7 You must speak my words to them, whether they listen or not, for they are a rebellious people.."

Again, nothing in the verse states that Demons are the scorpion, scripture (Ezekiel 2:3-7) supports that scorpions refer to Man and not what you claim.

You've yet to show me a scripture that shows Demons being called Satan's power, please demonstrate where it does in Luke 10. Simply quoting scripture without putting pen to paper to exegete exactly how and where the verses show what you claim is futile.

Your idea that random verses that speak of Satan power do not directly refer to only Demons.
Rev 9 destroys your 'argument'...

No, it was your argument that was dismantled and destroyed, your lack of an informed rebuttal clearly shows this.

Instead of claiming Rev 9 "destroys my argument" demonstrate it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

The following verse seems to imply that Jesus is God. But is that what it says? Discuss.

John 20:28 NASB - Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
John 20-28
said
Where do you come up with this stuff??? Thomas knew that God was in Christ. And Thomas was addressing both of them. And so that He wouldn't be rude by leaving one or the other un addressed. He addressed both of them. My Lord Jesus, and also my God the Father.

John 20:28
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

Matt 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'LORD, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'LORD, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
(NKJ)

Luke 6:46
46 "But why do you call Me 'LORD, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
(NKJ)

Luke 13:25-27
25 "When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'LORD, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,'
26 "then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.'
27 "But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'
(NKJ)

NWL

Ever heard of CONTEXT, chap?

Context NEVER mentions demons.

Do yourself a big favor and actually look up the term in your example...

And where have I made the claim the verse directly states demons were mentioned. You keep knocking on about that point but I plainly asked you numerous times where the men who turned sticks into snakes, water into blood and frogs to invade the land got their power from. Where did these men get their power to do these supernatural things?

Also, who were the "gods" in reference to when Yahweh in Exo 12:12 said "For I will pass through the land of Egypt on this night and strike every firstborn in the land of Egypt, from man to beast; and I will execute judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am Jehovah"

NWL

NWL said:
Lol. Show us the verse that states only God has the power to bind Satan? Another one of your assumptions it would seem.
Already did. Now...refute it.
Please tell us the post number where you apparently showed scripture saying that ONLY God can bind Satan.

So you claimed you answered my question when you clearly did not, basically you lied. When I asked you where the "apparent" post was all you did is reply "Rev 20". If I'm wrong and you didn't lie in you original response to me, then provide the post number where you answered my point.

Secondly, how does Rev 20 show ONLY God has the power to bind Satan. Once again instead of giving a informed response you post a chapter, how does that answer my question? I might as well answer Genesis Chapter 1 - Revelation 22 in every instance a defense is called upon me, how foolish.

Once again, show us where the bibles the teaches that only God has the power to bind Satan? And don't forget to show me the post number where you've "apparently" answered this ;)

NWL

NWL said:
So you're saying the ones spoken of in false apostles in 2 cor 11 are are men under demon possession or demons come in human flesh the same way Jesus became flesh, which one do you believe if any?
Demons occupy flesh, this is fact according to scripture.

Jesus already confirmed in scripture that NO demon or Satan can occupy His flesh.

Study up, chap...

You didn't answer my question, all you did is repeat yourself, furthermore, I never stated or asked if demons occupied Jesus flesh, so have no clue why you said what you said about Jesus, this is not in dispute.

Once again, did Demons occupy flesh by means of possession or did they occupy flesh the same way Jesus "became flesh" (John 1:14)? Answer please.

Last edited: