John 10:30 – Jesus is The Son of God

marhig

The way in which the scribe answers also shows that your understanding is correct, (and that Yeshua affirms the answer from the scribe), but it has been gone over so many times I'm sure everyone has already heard it somewhere before if not already in this thread, (???). Yet there are other similar statements such as the following:

Matthew 4:10 KJV (cf. Luke 4:8)
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God,
[κυριον τον θεον (Deut 6:13 LXX) - YHWH Elohim (Deut 6:13 Hebrew Text)] and him only shalt thou serve [G3000 λατρεύω].

This form of "service" is a religious form of "homage" and devotion, by way of actions and deeds, which makes it truly the more supreme manner of what is true "worship" of the Father:

G3000 λατρεύω latreuo (la-trev'-ō) v.
to minister (to God), i.e. render religious homage.
[from latris “a hired menial”]
KJV: serve, do the service, worship(-per)
Daqq, you're going to have to explain that in a more simple way to me, I'm just a mum and Nana and I'm not intelligent like you, :) I have to google many things that people write to understand what they mean, (I mean in understanding the meaning of certain words). They are way above me on the intelligence scale! :)

I just worship God in spirit as in truth. I pray to him and love him from my heart. And try to live my life according to his will, although I do fall, but I go to him for forgiveness and the strength to overcome.

daqq

Daqq, you're going to have to explain that in a more simple way to me, I'm just a mum and Nana and I'm not intelligent like you, :) I have to google many things that people write to understand what they mean, (I mean in understanding the meaning of certain words). They are way above me on the intelligence scale! :)

I just worship God in spirit as in truth. I pray to him and love him from my heart. And try to live my life according to his will, although I do fall, but I go to him for forgiveness and the strength to overcome.

Well and good then:
You already appear to be doing what Yeshua affirms we are to be doing in Matthew 4:10! :D

Ben Masada

Jesus is the Son of God!

Jesus used to be son of God. Today he is dead. "HaShem goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One."(Habakkuk 3:13) That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel, the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23.

daqq

Jesus used to be son of God. Today he is dead. "HaShem goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One."(Habakkuk 3:13) That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel, the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23.

Elohim is not Elohim of the dead but of the living: that is why at the burning bush He says, "I am Elohey of your father, Elohey Abraham, Elohey Yitzhak, and Elohey Yaakob", and Moshe hid his face because he was afraid to look upon ha-Elohim, ("the Elohim"). :chuckle:

Ben Masada

Elohim is not Elohim of the dead but of the living: that is why at the burning bush He says, "I am Elohey of your father, Elohey Abraham, Elohey Yitzhak, and Elohey Yaakob", and Moshe hid his face because he was afraid to look upon ha-Elohim, ("the Elohim"). :chuckle:

I totally agree with you. And one of the reasons is because the dead can no longer praise Elohim.

daqq

I totally agree with you. And one of the reasons is because the dead can no longer praise Elohim.

Abraham, Isaak, and Yakob are not dead, and neither is Yeshua. One thing Abraham, Isaak, and Yakob all have in common is that the Word of HaShem had come to them each in his own appointed times, (Gen 15:1, Gen 26:23-25, Gen 32:1, Gen 32:30, Psalm 82:6-7, John 10:34-35). Therefore, I say, die now so that you may live in Messiah; and later, when you finally shed your carcass, only it will be dead. :chuckle:

Ben Masada

Abraham, Isaak, and Yakob are not dead, and neither is Yeshua. One thing Abraham, Isaak, and Yakob all have in common is that the Word of HaShem had come to them each in his own appointed times, (Gen 15:1, Gen 26:23-25, Gen 32:1, Gen 32:30, Psalm 82:6-7, John 10:34-35). Therefore, I say, die now so that you may live in Messiah; and later, when you finally shed your carcass, only it will be dead. :chuckle:

Do you have any thing more than faith as an evidence that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Yeshua are alive? Every time you say that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Yeshua are alive, you ought to mention, "I believe by faith that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Yeshua are alive." Otherwise, you may be asked for evidence and you will be embarrassed not to be able to provide any evidence whatsoever.

daqq

Do you have any thing more than faith as an evidence that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Yeshua are alive? Every time you say that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Yeshua are alive, you ought to mention, "I believe by faith that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Yeshua are alive." Otherwise, you may be asked for evidence and you will be embarrassed not to be able to provide any evidence whatsoever.

The Torah which I quoted does not count for anything? I thought you said you agreed?

Elohim is not Elohim of the dead but of the living: that is why at the burning bush He says, "I am Elohey of your father, Elohey Abraham, Elohey Yitzhak, and Elohey Yaakob", and Moshe hid his face because he was afraid to look upon ha-Elohim, ("the Elohim").

Why then believe anything written at all if you do not accept the Torah?
Here it is transliterated so that anyone may see that what I said is correct:

Exodus 3:6 Hebrew Transliterated
6 way·yō·mer, ’ā·nō·ḵî ’ĕ·lō·hê ’ā·ḇî·ḵā, ’ĕ·lō·hê ’aḇ·rā·hām ’ĕ·lō·hê yiṣ·ḥāq wê·lō·hê ya·‘ă·qōḇ; way·yas·têr mō·šeh pā·nāw, kî yā·rê, mê·hab·bîṭ ’el- hā·’ĕ·lō·hîm.
http://biblehub.com/interlinear/transliterated/exodus/3.htm

"’ā·nō·ḵî ’ĕ·lō·hê ’ā·ḇî·ḵā, ’ĕ·lō·hê ’aḇ·rā·hām ’ĕ·lō·hê yiṣ·ḥāq wê·lō·hê ya·‘ă·qōḇ"
"I am Elohey [of] your father, Elohey Abraham, Elohey Yitzhak, and Elohey Yaakob"

"kî yā·rê, mê·hab·bîṭ ’el- ·’ĕ·lō·hîm"
"because he was afraid to look toward the Elohim" (ha·Elohim : the Elohim-Angels)

Jerry Shugart

He's not invisible to those in the flesh either to those that he has revealed himself to, they have the eyes to see as the ears to hear. But you don't see God with your natural eyes and your natural ears. We hear him with our inner ear, in our hearts through the inner man. For example, I hear many speak but I don't always hear Gods voice in them.

Was it God who told you that the land which He gave Jacob is in heaven?

Ben Masada

The Torah which I quoted does not count for anything? I thought you said you agreed? Why then believe anything written at all if you do not accept the Torah? Here it is transliterated so that anyone may see that what I said is correct: "I am Elohey of your father, Elohey Abraham, Elohey Yitzhak, and Elohey Yaakob"

Not a single one of the quotes you used is a reference to the claim that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob had died. Then after their death, the name God of Abraham, Isaiah and Jacob had become a title of HaShem. The statement that HaShem is not God of the dead but of the living remains true. Regarding accepting the Torah, I accept it as a Jew, not as a Christian.

daqq

Not a single one of the quotes you used is a reference to the claim that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob had died. Then after their death, the name God of Abraham, Isaiah and Jacob had become a title of HaShem. The statement that HaShem is not God of the dead but of the living remains true. Regarding accepting the Torah, I accept it as a Jew, not as a Christian.

You are not making any sense: where did I say my quotes had anything to do with dying? I said they are not dead: you said "Jesus used to be son of God. Today he is dead", (reply #283), and strongly implied that the fathers are dead too when you asked for proof that they were alive, (implying they are dead, reply #287). I merely showed you from the Torah why it is your teachers that are dead. :chuckle:

Jerry Shugart

God the Father came down from heaven in and through His Son. You take some verses literally, while you ignore the verses that are literal such as Luke 1:35.

Thanks for your reply, Trevor!

Please explain to me how the Lord Jesus could have created all things if He did not even exist until He was born of Mary:

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church" (Col.1:16-18).​

Also, please tell me how it is possible that the Lord Jesus is a created being since He Himself created "all things." Are you willing to argue that He created Himself? It amazes me that you argue that He did not even exist prior to being born of Mary despite the fact that the Apostle Paul says that He was "before all things"!

Next, let us look at a verse which you say that I do not take literally:

"And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God"
(Lk.1:35).​

I take everything here in a literal sense. You probably fail to understand the meaning of the words "Son of God." Let us look how Paul used the term "son of..." when speaking to a sorcerer named Elymas:

"O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?"
(Acts 13:10).​

Of course Paul was not saying that Elymas was a literal son of the devil. Instead, he was saying that the "nature" of Elymas is that of the devil. So when it is said that the Lord Jesus is the "son of man" what is being said that His nature is that of man. And when it is said that He is the "son of God" what is being said is thst His very nature is that of God.

Let us look at the way that the Unitarians understood the term "son of man" in regard to the Lord Jesus. The say:

"He did not 'toot his own horn,' but instead called himself 'the son of man,' which, in the Aramaic language he spoke, meant 'a man'" (biblicalunitarian.com).​

Since in the Aramaic language the term "son of man" means "man" then we can understand that in the same language the term "son of God" means "God."

So I take what is said at Luke 1:35 literally. Now I will await your answer to my questions concerning the pre-existence of the Lord Jesus.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Open your mind LA, a BODY was prepared to of the son, the spirit son. Also know as the express image of God. His true son.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

The Bible says Jesus the man, is the son.

You are wrong to add another son to the Bible.

You are saying that the son of God born through Mary is not the son.

It was not a spirit son which came down to join with Jesus at His baptism, it was The Fathers Holy Spirit Himself, (one person) who Jesus said is the Father.

Are you going to deny what Jesus said--

Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Are you going to say then that the Father AND a spirit son came down from Heaven to join with Jesus the son of God.

You are wrong keypurr to open your mind to a spirit which is not of God.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks for your reply, Trevor!

Please explain to me how the Lord Jesus could have created all things if He did not even exist until He was born of Mary:

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church" (Col.1:16-18).​

Also, please tell me how it is possible that the Lord Jesus is a created being since He Himself created "all things." Are you willing to argue that He created Himself? It amazes me that you argue that He did not even exist prior to being born of Mary despite the fact that the Apostle Paul says that He was "before all things"!

The Father created all things with Jesus in mind.

"all things were created by him (the Father) and for him(the son)

LA

Right Divider

Body part
The Father created all things with Jesus in mind.

"all things were created by him (the Father) and for him(the son)

LA
Perverting the scripture to meet your devious needs!

Col 1:13-19 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:13) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: (1:14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins: (1:15) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: (1:16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: (1:17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. (1:18) And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence. (1:19) For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell;

It is CHRIST that created ALL THINGS. That passage is talking about the "dear Son".

keypurr

The Bible says Jesus the man, is the son.

You are wrong to add another son to the Bible.

You are saying that the son of God born through Mary is not the son.

It was not a spirit son which came down to join with Jesus at His baptism, it was The Fathers Holy Spirit Himself, (one person) who Jesus said is the Father.

Are you going to deny what Jesus said--

Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Are you going to say then that the Father AND a spirit son came down from Heaven to join with Jesus the son of God.

You are wrong keypurr to open your mind to a spirit which is not of God.

LA

Jesus is the flesh son, Christ is the spirit son. They became one.

Truth is starring you in the face friend. God created all through his son, the express image of himself. A spirit being like himself, not a man. Hebrews has that secret to give you. Jesus is the body prepared for Christ to come to Earth. Heb 10. Christ was a spirit that became flesh, John 1. When Jesus was anointed with Christ God declared that this was his son. Put it together Friend. Jesus is not the son of man, the Christ in him is. For Christ came down from the Father, Jesus was born, not SENT.

The river runs deep LA, let go of the little bit of church stuff that is stopping you from seeing this.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
My dissertation on Alpha and Omega

My dissertation on Alpha and Omega

I would like to discuss what is said here in "bold":

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Rev.1:7-8).​

Is not the "Lord" spoken of in verse eight the Lord Jesus?

After all, from the context can we not conclude that the words "which is to come" are referring to this coming?:

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him."

Besides that, verse eight is clearly a testimony from someone, and that someone can only be the Lord Jesus:

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw" (Rev.1:1-2).​

I cannot see that Revelation 1:8 can be speaking of anyone other than the Lord Jesus Christ. That being true, then we can conclude that the Lord Jesus is the Almighty God.

~*~*~

Hi JS,

Would love to. Lets take a close look at these passages in chapter 1:1-8 (using the NASB) - notice that the NASB in vs. 8 below adds the word 'God' to 'Lord' (to render it as 'Lord God') and OMITS the title 'Beginning and End'. - this puts a greater emphasis IMO upon this first announcement coming from the Father who is the A to Z, the Almighty. - who is, was and is ever coming.....a title that originally begins with the FATHER, since all processions of space-time creation originates out of the Father (Infinity) and is further carried out by his Word, by which he speaks all dispensations into being. Many more modern translations render this verse as the NASB does, because they rely more on the Alexandrian and Majory Text traditions. It seems to me that some manuscripts omitted the word 'God' and inserted the title 'Beginning and End' to maybe emphasize this passage to describing Jesus as 'God',....making him the Almighty himself, but the title Almighty is always formally ascribed to God the Father. This may seem minor, but is just something to note. There is the Lord God Almighty and his Messiah, the Father and his Word.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2 who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

Message to the Seven Churches

4 John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 5 AND from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins [d]by His blood— 6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.

8 I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God * , “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

* The Majority texts which the NASB uses as above are rendered 'Lord God', while some later manuscripts such as the TR put only 'Lord'. 'The beginning and the end' is also ommitted in the Majority text as indicated above in the NASB .

The KJV which uses the TR manuscripts renders this verse as below, ommitting 'God' and the inserting the title 'the beginning and the end' -

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending (inserted in the minority texts), saith the Lord (the word 'God' after 'Lord' is ommitted in the minority texts), which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

This 'Lord God'(title) would appear to indicate it is the Father being referred to, while a clear distinction is made between the one who sits on the throne and Jesus. Notice That 'he who is, who was and who is to come, is the one sitting on a throne, the Most High God bearing the description of 'the Almighty'. The Father is the Alpha and Omega in the sense that He is the Originator of all dispensations, all generations of creation and redemption, all languages, information, light, knowledge....from A to Z. In the totality of infinity, all generations of space and time are born from within the Universal Father himself, outside of which nothing can exist. The Father ever holds eternal primacy, priority and originality of being, yet shares his glory, power and inheritance with his Son, who is the Messiah (hence the Son can can/will naturally share in the Father's names and titles, because they are one. But in this first address of entitlement, the FATHER is being referred to, while later...the Son also who stands WITH the father as God's representative, also identifies as with the titles of God, because he is His very Agent.

7 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18 and the living One; and I [l]was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades. - Rev. 1:17

Jesus above is obviously speaking here and distinctively introducing himself as the 'first and the last'. (only a man can die and be raised again).

The first and the last, who was dead, and has come to life, says this: - Rev. 3:8

Jesus above again identifying as the 'first and the last'. (the Son of Man who died and was resurrected) - Do note here that the title 'first and last' is notably assigned to Jesus the Man in these two references (perhaps as the last Adam who restores what the first Adam lost).

5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He *said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. 7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. - Rev 21: 5-7

It appears that the Father in prominence is speaking above, since He sits on the throne, has the unique title of 'Alpha & Omega' first metntioned in 1:8....identifying Him as the 'Almighty God'. He is also 'the beginning and end' since he is the originator of all dispensations. In this saying of course the Son is included since he is in the Father and the Father in him,...the LORD God does all thru the agency of his Word and his Christ. The Father and the Son are One in spirit, will and purpose. But note that in this instance the Father is speaking as the prominent voice here. - Only God the Father could say He will be someone's 'God' and make them His son....and He does so by granting them 'sonship' into His family.

12 “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” - Rev. 22:12-13.

This is both the Father and the Son speaking, Jesus being the living word of the Father. (Now note I affirm that BOTH the Father and the Son are speaking co-jointly here because all 3 significant 'titles' are included in the announcement. In this announcement, both are speaking even thought a singular "I" is indicated,.....after all 'God is One'. God is, was and is coming,.....God is ever working in space and time thru his Word. When God speaks, His Word speaks). Both God and Jesus judge all according to their works, since Jesus serves by God's appointment to judge the living and the dead. In this last address using the significant titles, 'God' claims all 3 titles of 'Alpha and Omega, first and last, beginning and end' as a culmination or completion of divine entitlement. The Son is the 'morphe' of God (in person and archetype) working within humanity, in space and time, hence God acting thru his word is that which begins and ends all dispensations. God cannot be described, expressed or revealed apart from his logos by which his creative thoughts, plans and purposes are unfolded. God's creative word articulates all that God is and all that God wills to bring to pass (John 1:1). There is no problem here, whether you take a Unit-Arian or Trinitarian view, since its 'God' working thru the AGENCY of His Son.

Further clarification. - In the above quote, Rev. 22:12-13 ,....all 3 titles appear as they all represent 'God' acting thru His 'Word'. The noteworthy title of 'First and Last' is tucked right inbetween the other titles more prominently belonging to the Father. So here, we have the total voice of God speaking with his Word as the 'Center' of His creative and redemptive Agency :) - I was just noticing the titles and how they are applied in the great 'announcement' passages, recognizing a pattern. I Hope this clarifies my notations. - I realize that all 3 titles have similar meaning which may appear redundant,.....but maybe there is something to each title by way of inflection, - I was exploring that.

Summary: The entire book of Revelation is the unveiling of Jesus the Christ, the logos, lord and lamb....the revelation of 'God' in his various 'forms' (roles, modes, operations), yes. God and his word or his 'revelation' (the 'morphe' of himself) are inseperable. Distinction between God and his Christ is maintained in their relational order, as well as their intimate unity of spirit, mind and will. This can be seen within a Unitarian or Trinitarian context, but the text articulates itself, which shows distinction of personality between the Father and the Son, while being wholly one in spirit, mind and will. This unity of spirit, mind and will, within the indivisible Spirit-nature of the Father maintains a wholly mono-theistic Unitarian core, with 'God' working thru the Agency of his 'word' and the entire company of heaven.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus is the flesh son, Christ is the spirit son. They became one.

Truth is starring you in the face friend. God created all through his son, the express image of himself. A spirit being like himself, not a man. Hebrews has that secret to give you. Jesus is the body prepared for Christ to come to Earth. Heb 10. Christ was a spirit that became flesh, John 1. When Jesus was anointed with Christ God declared that this was his son. Put it together Friend. Jesus is not the son of man, the Christ in him is. For Christ came down from the Father, Jesus was born, not SENT.

The river runs deep LA, let go of the little bit of church stuff that is stopping you from seeing this.
What's the difference between keypurr and a heretic? Not a thing.

Isa 46:5-13 (AKJV/PCE)
(46:5) ¶ To whom will ye liken me, and make [me] equal, and compare me, that we may be like? (46:6) They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, [and] hire a goldsmith; and he maketh it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship. (46:7) They bear him upon the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place, and he standeth; from his place shall he not remove: yea, [one] shall cry unto him, yet can he not answer, nor save him out of his trouble. (46:8) Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring [it] again to mind, O ye transgressors. (46:9) Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me, (46:10) Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: (46:11) Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken [it], I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed [it], I will also do it. (46:12) ¶ Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that [are] far from righteousness: (46:13) I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

There is NONE like Him keypurr. You're confused and on your way to hell.

Eph 4:4-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:4) [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; (4:5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism, (4:6) One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

1Cor 12:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Poor confused egomaniac calling others egocentric.