Jesus, Paul and the Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
Some believe that what Jesus said and what Paul has said are in conflict with each other. Like they are two entirely different doctrines, the doctrine of Jesus and the doctrine of Paul. Jesus did not teach salvation by grace through faith, he left that up to Paul and the other apostles. Jesus taught the law. He not only taught the law, he elevated the law and spiritualized it. Jesus would frequently read the law of Moses and then he would say, "But I say unto you". An example would be, Matthew 5:43,44, Jesus said, "You have heard that it has been said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemies, But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you and pray for them that despitefully use you and persecute you". This is how Jesus would elevate the law.

Jesus also spiritualized the written law of Moses, so that now, the law searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12. Paul also brought this out when he said, "For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin" Romans 7:14. This means that every thought is subject to the law. An example would be Matthew 5:27, 28. Jesus said, "You have heard that it was said of them of old time, You shall not commit adultery. But I say unto you... That whosoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart".

The purpose of the law is to reveal the nature and the character of God. He is holy beyond human comprehension. Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh. Paul brought this out when he wrote, "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" Romans 3:21. Jesus is not only the law of God, he is the epitome of the law. Another purpose of the law is to reveal the sinful nature of man. The reason that thousands and thousands of Jews were converted to Christ on the day of Pentecost is because they had been following Jesus around for several years hearing him preach the law. They were convinced that they needed a savior. If God's law does not convince you that have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, nothing will, Romans 3:23.

What Jesus taught and what Paul taught are very compatible. Jesus taught the law, which condemns and Paul taught the Gospel that saves and justifies lost sinners, Romans 4:5. The law cannot save or justify. If you think that you can do, or keep God's law you are just deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you, 1 John 1:8.

Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of God's law. "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes" Romans 10:4. For those that are "In Christ" the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. For those that are NOT in Christ, you will be judged by the law, found guilty of breaking the law and condemned to hell. To be found "In Christ" Philippians 3:9, means that you have abandoned your righteousness or your religion and you are trusting in the righteousness of Christ to save you. We rest in his work and not our own, Hebrews 4:10.

There are two things that God requires for the salvation of fallen man. A life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. A perfect atonement for man's sins and the sins of the whole world. Both of these requirements have been fully met by the work and the person of Jesus Christ. We now stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Some believe that what Jesus said and what Paul has said are in conflict with each other. Like they are two entirely different doctrines, the doctrine of Jesus and the doctrine of Paul. Jesus did not teach salvation by grace through faith, he left that up to Paul and the other apostles. Jesus taught the law. He not only taught the law, he elevated the law and spiritualized it. Jesus would frequently read the law of Moses and then he would say, "But I say unto you". An example would be, Matthew 5:43,44, Jesus said, "You have heard that it has been said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemies, But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you and pray for them that despitefully use you and persecute you". This is how Jesus would elevate the law.

Jesus also spiritualized the written law of Moses, so that now, the law searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12. Paul also brought this out when he said, "For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin" Romans 7:14. This means that every thought is subject to the law. An example would be Matthew 5:27, 28. Jesus said, "You have heard that it was said of them of old time, You shall not commit adultery. But I say unto you... That whosoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart".

The purpose of the law is to reveal the nature and the character of God. He is holy beyond human comprehension. Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh. Paul brought this out when he wrote, "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" Romans 3:21. Jesus is not only the law of God, he is the epitome of the law. Another purpose of the law is to reveal the sinful nature of man. The reason that thousands and thousands of Jews were converted to Christ on the day of Pentecost is because they had been following Jesus around for several years hearing him preach the law. They were convinced that they needed a savior. If God's law does not convince you that have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, nothing will, Romans 3:23.

What Jesus taught and what Paul taught are very compatible. Jesus taught the law, which condemns and Paul taught the Gospel that saves and justifies lost sinners, Romans 4:5. The law cannot save or justify. If you think that you can do, or keep God's law you are just deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you, 1 John 1:8.

Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of God's law. "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes" Romans 10:4. For those that are "In Christ" the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. For those that are NOT in Christ, you will be judged by the law, found guilty of breaking the law and condemned to hell. To be found "In Christ" Philippians 3:9, means that you have abandoned your righteousness or your religion and you are trusting in the righteousness of Christ to save you. We rest in his work and not our own, Hebrews 4:10.

There are two things that God requires for the salvation of fallen man. A life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. A perfect atonement for man's sins and the sins of the whole world. Both of these requirements have been fully met by the work and the person of Jesus Christ. We now stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Yup... I quoted the whole thing. You link it all to Christ and acknowledged the work of Christ, through Paul. Well written Robert... and all respect to you for forever exalting Jesus as our only hope. I have always loved reading your OP's and still do to this day.

Jesus laid it all out and did it all... and Paul proclaimed it after Jesus jerked him up by his "sandal straps".

:thumb:

daqq

Jesus taught the law. He not only taught the law, he elevated the law and spiritualized it.

<snip>

Jesus also spiritualized the written law of Moses, so that now, the law searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12.

Yes, the Son of Elohim, the Word, is he who searches the reins-minds and hearts, (Rev 2:18, 23).

Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh.

<snip>

Jesus is not only the law of God, he is the epitome of the law.

<snip>

For those that are "In Christ" the law has been abolished

Thus by abolishing the Law you effectively abolish Jesus . . .
And why am I not surprised?

Yup... I quoted the whole thing. You link it all to Christ and acknowledged the work of Christ, through Paul. Well written Robert... and all respect to you for forever exalting Jesus as our only hope. I have always loved reading your OP's and still do to this day.

And you thank him for effectively abolishing Jesus . . .
And why am I not surprised? :chuckle:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
18342159_295038027619291_8737670236998016436_n.jpg

Epoisses

Calvinism = Christ only dies for those who believe in chance.

Arminianism = Christ only dies for those with the most will-power.

Gospel = Christ dies for all men because all men are sinners.

Robert Pate

Banned
Matthew 23.

"But woe unto you scribes, Pharisees (Calvinist) hypocrites! for you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in" Matthew 23:13.

popsthebuilder

We wouldn't be shown sin and be made to know of it if we weren't to turn from it at some point. Faith in Christ and GOD is too belief in the Word, and as such, a heeding to, and clinging to the teachings and example and self sacrifice of the Christ.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
We wouldn't be shown sin and be made to know of it if we weren't to turn from it at some point. Faith in Christ and GOD is too belief in the Word, and as such, a heeding to, and clinging to the teachings and example and self sacrifice of the Christ.

peace

The Gospel calls for a response, no response is a response.

How can one hear that Christ died on the cross for them and not respond with a heart full of love and thanksgiving?

popsthebuilder

The Gospel calls for a response, no response is a response.

How can one hear that Christ died on the cross for them and not respond with a heart full of love and thanksgiving?
Good question. I would think that for one to not respond in their response would be equal to one having a seared conscience, or at very least, a love for this life, world, and positions there of secretly rivaling their professed love.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Yes, the Son of Elohim, the Word,

<Snip>

John 1:1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Thus by abolishing the Law you effectively abolish Jesus . . .

Ga. 5:4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.

And why am I not surprised?

Because you fall under this scripture right here, Daqq...

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

And you thank him for effectively abolishing Jesus . . .
And why am I not surprised? :chuckle:

Coming from the Guy that mocks Atonement and the Virgin Birth... I don't think I or [MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION] are concerned by one letter you type.

# Toodles

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 23.

Nick...

Robert isn't saying Christ "Abolished" the Law... When he uses the word he is binding it to Christ's removing the Law from the salvation equation... as in... It points out our need for Jesus, but Jesus is the fulfillment of our salvational need.

Robert even went to great lengths to distinguish Jesus' message from Jesus' message through Paul.

Cut Pate some slack... slacker!

# J/K about the slacker thing... ToL would be bleak without you and your honest, blunt observation.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Preterism and the application of the devil's traits to God...

The reason Calvinism has it's head up its "ear".

# No meme required

P.S. Have any Calvinist's noted that pates anti Calvin threads blow up because of the defense of Calvinism... but his gospel threads get ignored... because people prefer their cliques to supporting fellow Gospel Workman that are approved?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Calvinism = Christ only dies for those who believe in chance.

Arminianism = Christ only dies for those with the most will-power.

Gospel = Christ dies for all men because all men are sinners.

The Bible... a safe way to stop labeling fellow Gospel workman anything other than what they proclaim... I.E. ... Pate proclaims Christ....

Shocker alert in 3... 2... 1...

"We call that a "Christian"... per Acts 11:26

daqq

<Snip>

John 1:1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Ga. 5:4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.

Because you fall under this scripture right here, Daqq...

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Coming from the Guy that mocks Atonement and the Virgin Birth... I don't think I or @Robert Pate are concerned by one letter you type.

# Toodles

Mr. Toodles, telling lies about people only proves you do not know God or His Son.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Mr. Toodles, telling lies about people only proves you do not know God or His Son.

Made up... Slaqq verbiage. You always say I lie, and then I catch you lying about that too. You, my disillusioned friend, are a Bad Liar and predictable argument.

- TTFN

keep-calm-love-tigger-1.png

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Made up... Slaqq verbiage. You always say I lie, and then I catch you lying about that too. You, my disillusioned friend, are a Bad Liar and predictable argument.

- TTFN

keep-calm-love-tigger-1.png

You just cannot stand him exposing your lies, can you, EE?

If he is not telling the truth, why do you get so angry and panicked?

just saying.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"But woe unto you scribes, Pharisees (Calvinist) hypocrites! for you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in" Matthew 23:13.

Do and observe what the pharisee says to do and observe. They sit in the seat of Moses. Red letters. And not what Paul preached.

Robert Pate

Banned
Negative. Nor would he want it if he was wrong.

I have always prayed that the Lord would reveal the truth to me. Truth is something that one must seek. If you don't seek it you will never find it. I think that is why Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. few there be that find it, because few there be that seek it.