ECT JESUS NEVER TAUGHT SOLA SCRIPTURA

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The trinity is oral tradition.
And you're not a Trinitarian Christian, and so that's your primary reason for being Anticatholic in everything, because Catholicism and Orthodoxy are the original Trinitarian Christianities.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
And you're not a Trinitarian Christian, and so that's your primary reason for being Anticatholic in everything, because Catholicism and Orthodoxy are the original Trinitarian Christianities.
And so were the Valentinians who weren't in Valentinus inner circle. And my primary reason for being anti-"Catholic" is the Roman religion's delusions and garbage. I am not a UU politically either.

Idolater

And so were the Valentinians who weren't in Valentinus inner circle. And my primary reason for being anti-"Catholic" is the Roman religion's delusions and garbage. I am not a UU politically either.
I didn't ask you if you were. Fact is you're not a Trinitarian, and Catholicism and Orthodoxy are the original Trinitarianisms, and so of course you're against them both, so the Protestant 'oral tradition' that you can worship God according to your own personal private reading of the Bible is attractive and useful for you.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
I didn't ask you if you were. Fact is you're not a Trinitarian, and Catholicism and Orthodoxy are the original Trinitarianisms, and so of course you're against them both, so the Protestant 'oral tradition' that you can worship God according to your own personal private reading of the Bible is attractive and useful for you.
Lame. Reading the bible is not oral tradition; and the word trinity is not in the Bible. But I choose a path that is clear-- free will.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
There've been tons of Catholics who believe in any sort of thing, that doesn't mean Catholicism believes that thing.
I have met many Catholics who think they are the best denomination. This causes them to think the US protestant forefathers were wrong, and to deny protestants equal favors with the Roman religion. Jesus total people to be perfect, or rather complete, the way his God YHWH: raining on the good and evil. Supposedly we don't have the right to protest. What a bunch of rubbish!

Idolater

I have met many Catholics who think they are the best denomination. This causes them to think the US protestant forefathers were wrong, and to deny protestants equal favors with the Roman religion. Jesus total people to be perfect, or rather complete, the way his God YHWH: raining on the good and evil. Supposedly we don't have the right to protest. What a bunch of rubbish!
I don't know what you're talking about. Catholicism is completely liberal. You have the right to freedom of conscience, the right to worship and think as you see fit, but Catholicism has a definitely position on all these matters as well, Catholicism does not believe the police should ever be involved in coercing anybody to go to Mass, but we do believe you should be going to Mass.

I don't know Orthodoxy's position on these matters. It's difficult to know from the outside, and from the inside, because no Orthodox church has anything approaching the record that Catholicism has in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, where all the official points of doctrine are printed out all in one place like that.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
I don't know what you're talking about. Catholicism is completely liberal. You have the right to freedom of conscience, the right to worship and think as you see fit, but Catholicism has a definitely position on all these matters as well, Catholicism does not believe the police should ever be involved in coercing anybody to go to Mass, but we do believe you should be going to Mass.
Freedom of association is violated by forcing people to listen the boring speeches of a priest who won't introduce his own family to the laity.
I don't know Orthodoxy's position on these matters. It's difficult to know from the outside, and from the inside, because no Orthodox church has anything approaching the record that Catholicism has in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, where all the official points of doctrine are printed out all in one place like that.
While I disagree, I have no further response to these words/statements.

Idolater

Freedom of association is violated by forcing people to listen the boring speeches of a priest who won't introduce his own family to the laity.
It is not. You don't have to go to Mass unless you believe in Jesus. And if you 'skip' you only have to visit the confessional before receiving Communion again. In no way are the police involved, so your rights are always intact.
While I disagree, I have no further response to these words/statements.
OK.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
So
You either believe the Trinity is God (a Catholic and Orthodox doctrine) or you don't. Which one are you again?
You’re claiming credit for the Roman Church for something that is in scripture ? The trinity is pretty obvious eg.let us make man in our image.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The LXX says I shall make man in my image.

So what?

The LXX is a translation of the Hebrew texts.

Translating from Hebrew to Greek (or from any language to any other language, for that matter) guarantees a loss of information. Things get "lost in translation," as it were.

The Hebrew uses a plural forms for the verb "make," and the prepositional forms of "image," and "likeness."

Screenshot_20220109-231434.png

"let us make"

Morphology: V-Qal-I.h-1CP
Part of Speech:
- V: Verb

Grammatical Categories:
- Stem Qal: Qal

- Aspect I.h: Imperfect Cohortative Force

- Person 1: 1st Person
- Gender C: Common
- Number P: Plural

"in Our image"

Morphology: Prep-B
Part of Speech:
- Prep: Preposition

Grammatical Categories:
- Type B: "in"

Morphology: N-MSC
Part of Speech:
- N: Noun

Grammatical Categories:
- Gender M: Masculine
- Number S: Singular
- State C: Genitival Pronoun

Morphology: 1CP
Grammatical Categories:

"according to Our likeness"

Morphology: Prep-K
Part of Speech:
- Prep: Preposition

Grammatical Categories:
- Type K: "according to"

Morphology: N-FSCPart of Speech:
- N: Noun

Grammatical Categories:
- Gender F: Feminine
- Number S: Singular
- State C: Genitival Pronoun

Morphology: 1CP
Grammatical Categories:

Idolater

So

You’re claiming credit for the Roman Church for something that is in scripture ?
I said Catholicism and Orthodoxy are the oldest Trinitarian Christianities.
The trinity is pretty obvious eg.let us make man in our image.
That verse is merely consistent with the Trinity being God, but the Trinity being God is the furthest thing from "obvious" in that verse.

No, the Trinity is not 'proven' in any single scripture, nor in all of them put together. You had to come up with the Trinity from somewhere outside the Scripture (@Omniskeptical will agree with that) , and what are legitimate sources outside the Scripture?

Christ Himself, of course, if He ever said or taught anything verbally, that wasn't written down, then that would be a valid source for something outside Scripture.

And His Apostles, of course, if they ever said or taught anything verbally, that wasn't written down, then that would be a valid source for something outside Scripture.

And that's where you got the Trinity, from outside Scripture, it was from the Apostles.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
The LXX says I shall make man in my image.
Noy

That verse is merely consistent with the Trinity being God, but the Trinity being God is the furthest thing from "obvious" in that verse.

No, the Trinity is not 'proven' in any single scripture, nor in all of them put together. You had to come up with the Trinity from somewhere outside the Scripture (@Omniskeptical will agree with that) , and what are legitimate sources outside the Scripture?

Christ Himself, of course, if He ever said or taught anything verbally, that wasn't written down, then that would be a valid source for something outside Scripture.

And His Apostles, of course, if they ever said or taught anything verbally, that wasn't written down, then that would be a valid source for something outside Scripture.

And that's where you got the Trinity, from outside Scripture, it was from the Apostles.thing was needed from outside scripture

And that's where you got the Trinity, from outside Scripture, it was from the Apostles.
Nope, the trinity is in scripture and no oral tradition was needed and no outside source was needed the trinity is in scripture.