ECT JESUS NEVER TAUGHT SOLA SCRIPTURA

marke

I wonder if this was the image

3-problemas-de-los-protestantes.jpg
God used men to write words that God chose to be written:
Matthew 27:37
This Is Jesus The King Of The Jews.

God used Paul to write several New Testament books God chose to be included in the completed Bible He gave to the Church.
God also used men to transcribe and preserve written copies of His Word down through history so Christians today could hold the Word of God in their own hands.
God used men to translate the Greek and Hebrew into the KJV English Bible so the entire world would be able to have access to God's Word today.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Jesus most certainly did teach sola scriptura, and so did His chosen apostle.

Hebrews 10:7 KJV
(7) Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Acts 17:11 KJV
(11) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

NOT a pope says or what a commentary says, but scripture.
The Scripture including Paul teaches that the Church is presided over by bishops. So to be faithfully Sola Scriptura is to be Catholic (or Orthodox).

marke

The Scripture including Paul teaches that the Church is presided over by bishops. So to be faithfully Sola Scriptura is to be Catholic (or Orthodox).
Israel turned away from God in the OT and the traditional church has turned away from Jesus in the New Testament.

Revelation 3

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Idolater

... the traditional church has turned away from Jesus in the New Testament.
Bald assertion.

And I say this not just because it's a logical fallacy, but because I know that you cannot sustain, substantiate or support your assertion with any evidence that I can't turn around and use against you and whatever church you're a part of. And that would mean that your argument is basically against all church whatsoever, and I don't think that's your position: that's the Dispensationalist position. It's certainly not the biblical position, nor the historical one.

marke

Bald assertion.

And I say this not just because it's a logical fallacy, but because I know that you cannot sustain, substantiate or support your assertion with any evidence that I can't turn around and use against you and whatever church you're a part of. And that would mean that your argument is basically against all church whatsoever, and I don't think that's your position: that's the Dispensationalist position. It's certainly not the biblical position, nor the historical one.
You decide how the Scripture applies to your church and I will decide how it applies to mine.

Idolater

Paul didn't tell anyone to go to a bishop for truth.
He told them to go to scripture.
He told Bishop Timothy that " the house of God, which is the church of the living God [is] the pillar and ground of the truth." 1st Timothy 3:15

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He told Bishop Timothy that " the house of God, which is the church of the living God [is] the pillar and ground of the truth." 1st Timothy 3:15
All believers are the church of the living God.
And Paul tells all believers to check scripture to see if what anyone (including bishops or any believer) tells them is truth or not.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
God used men to write words that God chose to be written:
Matthew 27:37
This Is Jesus The King Of The Jews.

God used Paul to write several New Testament books God chose to be included in the completed Bible He gave to the Church.
God also used men to transcribe and preserve written copies of His Word down through history so Christians today could hold the Word of God in their own hands.
God used men to translate the Greek and Hebrew into the KJV English Bible so the entire world would be able to have access to God's Word today.
Unchecked Copy Box
Luk 4:4 - And Jesus answered him,saying, It is written, That man shall notlive by bread alone, but by every wordof God. Jesus never said one word about living by Mary, a pope, and or the RCC.
nope, Jesus said nothing about being under Mary, a pope, and or the RCC not one word.

Last edited:

Idolater

All believers are the church of the living God.
And Paul tells all believers to check scripture to see if what anyone (including bishops or any believer) tells them is truth or not.
Then I repeat. " The Scripture teaches that the Church is presided over by bishops."

Idolater

nope, Jesus said nothing about being under Mary, a pope, and or the RCC not one word.
But He did command His Apostles to teach what He had taught them, and then they did establish the sacrament of Holy Orders.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
But He did command His Apostles to teach what He had taught them, and then they did establish the sacrament of Holy Orders.
Nope, He gave what is required without filtering it through anyone. We are supposed to follow Jesus not the men He called to lead us to Him with the rules they create.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
But He did command His Apostles to teach what He had taught them,

And as I have pointed out to you before, they ended up NOT doing what He told them to do, not to any significant extent recorded in the Bible at least. I wonder why...

It's almost as if they recognized that what they were teaching was no longer relevant except to those in their immediate vicinity, and that someone else had been selected to preach something different to not only the Jews, but to the whole world!

and then they did establish the sacrament of Holy Orders.

Chapter verse, please, for "sacrament of Holy Orders." because i don't know of any Bible that contains the word "sacrament."

Idolater

And as I have pointed out to you before, they ended up NOT doing what He told them to do, not to any significant extent recorded in the Bible at least. I wonder why...
Because the Bible doesn't record the rest of their lives. We went through this. You remember how except for James they all were executed somewhere outside of Judea. Which corroborates and sustains that they 'ended up' doing what they were instructed to do. They all went far and wide.
It's almost as if they recognized that what they were teaching was no longer relevant except to those in their immediate vicinity, and that someone else had been selected to preach something different to not only the Jews, but to the whole world!
Supra!
Chapter verse, please, for "sacrament of Holy Orders." because i don't know of any Bible that contains the word "sacrament."
I'm sure it's right before the chapter & verse for "Trinity". Here let me see if I can find it.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
So the Lord Himself has taught you things directly without "filtering it through anyone"? Do tell!

Who is 'following' men? Not me.
Then show me a supporting scripture for the IC-PV-or the assumption of Mary, which there is not one verse that supports those oral traditions in scripture.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Because the Bible doesn't record the rest of their lives. We went through this. You remember how except for James they all were executed somewhere outside of Judea. Which corroborates and sustains that they 'ended up' doing what they were instructed to do. They all went far and wide.

At the most, their paths after the Great commission are unclear, and some extra-biblical accounts are contradictory.

My point remains, however. The Bible makes it clear that something had changed that caused them to not "make disciples of all nations, baptizing in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things Jesus commanded them." They may have done so, but it wasn't to the capacity that Christ commanded them, and they CERTAINLY didn't teach "all things Christ commanded them."

Paul, on the other hand, is described in the Bible as having gone not only to the Jews, who ultimately rejected what He preached, but to the rest of the world.

He even writes:

But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it.And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace,to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother.(Now concerning the things which I write to you, indeed, before God, I do not lie.)Afterward I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia.And I was unknown by face to the churches of Judea which were in Christ.But they were hearing only, “He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy.”And they glorified God in me. - Galatians 1:11-24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians1:11-24&version=NKJV

Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me.And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage),to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter(for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do. - Galatians 2:1-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians2:1-10&version=NKJV

In addition, while Quora is hardly a place for theological truths, it's not hard to recognize truth when you see it:

Screenshot_20211228-230739.png

I'm sure it's right before the chapter & verse for "Trinity". Here let me see if I can find it.

The trinity can be found in the Bible. One only has to look.

However, there is no such thing as a "sacrament of Holy Orders."

By the way, I checked the Latin Vulgate.

"Sacramentum" IS used. In the verses it is used, it means "secret" or "mystery" or "hidden truth," not "oath" or "solemn covenant."

Arial

Just because Jesus appealed to the Old Testament as AN authority (and Catholics do the same) does not mean that Jesus believed that the OT was the ONLY authority. Try again.
It is obvious that Jesus as Son of man believed that God was the only authority in spiritual matters. As Son of God, everything He said and did carried that same authority.
John 10:18 I and the Father are one.
Is 9:6 For unto us a child is born, to us a child is given; and the government shall be in His shoulders, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
John 5:19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does the Son also does in like manner.

Arial

Then I repeat. " The Scripture teaches that the Church is presided over by bishops."
Acts 20:28-30 Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, (in some translations bishop) to care for the church of God, which He obtained with His own blood. 29 I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock, and from among your own selves will arise ment speaking twisted things to draw away the disciples after them.

Bishops or overseers or pastors, the order of an individual congregation, is established to keep unity of doctrinal teaching (apostolic doctrine only) pure in Christ's church. The invisible church that consists of all true believers. Which is catholic (not Catholic) which means universal. They are to oversee the teaching that is presented, making sure it is sound, and keep out the wolves. It is a protective measure, not a tradition or doctrine in itself. And if bishops are in place who teach what is outside of scripture as being above it, they have not been appointed by the Holy Spirit but by themselves or other men.