JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Your defining terms and setting their qualifications........

Your defining terms and setting their qualifications........

Hey Freelight, you don't believe the Resurrection is nonfiction, so we as far as spirituality goes, we have NOTHING in common, and I've no respect for your spiritual thoughts. I don't care. You're not a Christian, and that's fine, I do believe firmly in the right to practice religion freely, and I would fight for your right to believe as you do, but we are not spiritual siblings, not like I am with Daqq, if Daqq in fact does believe in the Resurrection as nonfiction, which I believe that they do.

The Resurrection is called "the crowning truth" of the one Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV). It is the exclusive tenet that must be believed for salvation (Ro10:9KJV). I know you question Paul as if he was just another man like yourself, but Paul was an Apostle of the risen Lord Jesus Christ, and that means no matter what you think of him, seeing as how you don't even believe in the Resurrection, he is higher than you on the totem pole here. Nobody who believes in the Resurrection should see you, when you dare to speak about such things, which I recommend against, as anything other than a grave trespasser, taking the Lord's name in vain. When you mention Him, you are not talking about Him, you are talking about some apparition that you've invented in your own mind, or that you read about somewhere in some yogi's memoirs---that is not the Lord Jesus Christ. When you talk about Him, you're talking about Him as if He is but a mere man, such as yourself, and you have every right to do so, that falling under your right to religious liberty, which I would fight to protect, and which I respect.

But you put yourself forth as some sort of Christian and you are NO sort of Christian, and that's why I accuse you of taking the Lord's name in vain, when you invoke Him.

And that is why I recommend you not do that.

Let readers use their own discernment in these shared commentaries.

I do not recall determining or claiming whether the 'resurrection' of Jesus was 'fiction' or 'non-fiction', these are terms you brought up, in your endeavor to prioritize the resurrection. What I've shared on the resurrection holds, until further considerations. And whether I'm a true believer in the Christ, or a Spirit-born son, this 'God' knows, If indeed He is omniscient. My religious/spiritual journey and dissertations are what they are, and I make no apologies for them, respecting each season of unfoldment, in my personal evolution.

I do commend your respect of my religious liberties, as equally granted per recognized by the 1st amendment, however I do not agree with your stringent and perhaps presumptuous judging of religious affiliation or character, which is of course according to your own definition of what you believe a 'Christian' is, which is probably a bit different than mine, so that difference is noted, respecting the contrast.

I recall you brought up the resurrection, so are the herald of its importance, hence your passion about it. That I approach subjects in all their facets on literal and figurative levels is no surprise, so once again we come to the cross-roads of 'interpretation' and what meaning or value it has to us personally and universally. I share it as I see it, and those observations are subject to change in time with better information or revelation.

In Spirit I AM free.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Why are we even here?

Why are we even here?

Let readers use their own discernment in these shared commentaries.
Right, take the plain meaning of Scripture, and set it aside. Take everything that everybody's ever said to you about Church and Jesus Christ, and set that aside too. Set everything aside and ask yourself what is the event that distinguishes Christianity from every other fable? It's the Lord's rising from the dead.
I do not recall determining or claiming whether the 'resurrection' of Jesus was 'fiction' or 'non-fiction', these are terms you brought up
Are you trying to suggest that somehow there is ambiguity with these two words Freelight? Don't play me, and don't play others, you're being silly. We all know what nonfiction is, and we all know that you believe the Lord's Resurrection was fiction; you did say that, and if you try to play me again by saying you never used that word, then we'll dredge up what you did say, and we'll see that I'm correct and that you do believe the Resurrection is fiction.
, in your endeavor to prioritize the resurrection.
Like any Christian. HINT HINT.
What I've shared on the resurrection holds
"Holds?" What, that it didn't happen? No Freelight, that don't "hold," bud. What you've shared on the Resurrection does not hold anything.
, until further considerations. And whether I'm a true believer in the Christ, or a Spirit-born son, this 'God' knows, If indeed He is omniscient. My religious/spiritual journey and dissertations are what they are, and I make no apologies for them, respecting each season of unfoldment, in my personal evolution.

I do commend your respect of my religious liberties, as equally granted per recognized by the 1st amendment, however I do not agree with your stringent and perhaps presumptuous judging of religious affiliation or character, which is of course according to your own definition of what you believe a 'Christian' is, which is probably a bit different than mine, so that difference is noted, respecting the contrast.
You can try to paint me anyway you like, but there were people, who were given the death penalty. They were executed. Because they said, what you deny, that the Resurrection is nonfiction.
I recall you brought up the resurrection, so are the herald of its importance
See above, about "any Christian."
, hence your passion about it.
Equally, hence your lack of passion about it. :plain:
That I approach subjects in all their facets on literal and figurative levels is no surprise, so once again we come to the cross-roads of 'interpretation' and what meaning or value it has to us personally and universally. I share it as I see it, and those observations are subject to change in time with better information or revelation.

In Spirit I AM free.
The Resurrection is either nonfiction, or fiction. You believe all of the above, and you reject that the Resurrection happened, you hold that it is fiction, that many people bravely died witnessing to nonetheless. How dumb do you think they were to do that? They died painfully, tortured, all because they testified of something that didn't even happen?

Stop taking the Lord's name in vain.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
So a group of crazed, I don't know, Muslims, surround you and threaten to decapitate you right then and there, unless you deny the Resurrection. What do you do. You won't touch that.

And you would gladly have your head chopped off? We'll let that simmer for awhile ;) - and perhaps you need to relax a bit,....take a spiritual chill pill :)

Daqq's quote of Jesus words holds,....we can have passion, but when it comes to name-calling...that starts crossing the line. Your zeal for your 'church tradition' and holding to orthodox Christian dogma is noted ;) My commentary on the resurrection still holds, in response to you bringing up the subject, see from page 34 on. - Anyone who knows my theology knows its very liberal, eclectic, universal and esoteric...I see the inner meanings and values of religious teaching and symbols,....which recognizes that it is not NECESSARY to believe that the resurrection only applies to some physical body being supernaturally raised in the sky, then disappearing or teleporting into the ethers.

The resurrection is essentially spiritual, and it can include a transformation of consciousness as well, even while still in the flesh. However in general it happens right after our physical death or later, when the spirit-body arises after the flesh body is discarded, and that new resurrection body becomes that vehicle which is then fit to dwell in that new spiritual dimension, whether on a new earth, or continuing on in the heaven worlds. I have the flexiblity to include basic Spiritualist understanding and context of the spirit-body and afterlife into the greater picture here. I affirm Jesus was raised in the Spirit, as the scriptures do teach. Therefore your claim that I deny the resurrection or assume it is mere 'fiction' is a false charge. The 'raising of the dead' includes far more than just a carnal conception of a physical body flying thru the heavens. In order for Jesus to be raised in the triumphant way he is supposed to have risen, could only be done by the power of the Spirit. This I affirm as a true spiritualist, honoring God the Father who is the Father of all spirits, Jesus included.

keypurr

The Holy Spirit is a FORCE emanating from God. It is His own spirit or force, and to say that someone lied to it is like saying that someone lied to God Himself. Jehovah does everything with His force. He creates, He speaks, He listens. When Ananias lied he lied to God, the Father, Jehovah. One can test Jehovah, since it is His Spirit that is being tested. The Spirit is connected, if you will, to Jehovah just as our breath is connected to us. He creates and acts with His spirit, and of course we don't do that with our breath. But same idea.

If you lie to the spirit of God, Why would it not be considered against God himself.

If the Holy Spirit is a person it is an agent of the most high. I believe that it is a force but still comes from the creator.

Kingdom Rose gave you a good post on it.

You can lie to a spirit but I do not recommend it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you lie to the spirit of God, Why would it not be considered against God himself.

*Spirit of God

"spirit" does not have the same implication as "Spirit." The first is a general term, and can be applied to any being that is non-physical, or supernatural. The second is a name, and like all names (at least in English), must be capitalized.

If the Holy Spirit is a person it

*He

An "it" cannot be a person.

is an agent of the most high. I believe that it is a force
*He

He is not a force. He is a person. He is called the Comforter.

but still comes from the creator.

Kingdom Rose gave you a good post on it.

You can lie to a spirit but I do not recommend it.

Ananias and Sapphira lied to the Spirit, not "a" spirit.

Reactions: Lon

oatmeal

*Spirit of God

"spirit" does not have the same implication as "Spirit." The first is a general term, and can be applied to any being that is non-physical, or supernatural. The second is a name, and like all names (at least in English), must be capitalized.

*He

An "it" cannot be a person.

is an agent of the most high. I believe that it is a force
*He

He is not a force. He is a person. He is called the Comforter.

Ananias and Sapphira lied to the Spirit, not "a" spirit.

God the Father goes by many names and titles. Some of which are Lord, Lord God, Redeemer, Rock, the Word, Savior...

If we look at these names and titles we can learn about who God is, what he does, his nature and character and as we learn to imitate God, Ephesians 5:1 what we should be becoming.

One that appears frequently in the NT is "the Holy Spirit"

Since God is spirit, John 4:24 and he is holy. It is no surprise that God would call himself "the Holy Spirit" also.

I John 4:13 tells us that God to us of His spirit. Evidently, "the spirit of God" Genesis 1:2 is something God can give away as a gift.

Having the spirit of or from God, the Holy Spirit, puts us in a very close relationship with him, it is that spirit of or from God that is the incorruptible seed of I Peter 1:23 and that which cannot sin of I John.

The gift is an "it". The Giver is God.

Much like Paul states, he was willing not only to impart the gospel, but his own soul as well. Even as God gives of himself, we can give of ourselves

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
(You need to work on your formatting, Oats.)

God the Father goes by many names and titles. Some of which are Lord, Lord God, Redeemer, Rock, the Word, Savior...

If we look at these names and titles we can learn about who God is, what he does, his nature and character and as we learn to imitate God, Ephesians 5:1 what we should be becoming.

One that appears frequently in the NT is "the Holy Spirit"

Since God is spirit, John 4:24 and he is holy. It is no surprise that God would call himself "the Holy Spirit" also.

I John 4:13 tells us that God to us of His spirit. Evidently, "the spirit of God" Genesis 1:2 is something God can give away as a gift.

Having the spirit of or from God, the Holy Spirit, puts us in a very close relationship with him, it is that spirit of or from God that is the incorruptible seed of I Peter 1:23 and that which cannot sin of I John.

The gift is an "it". The Giver is God.

Much like Paul states, he was willing not only to impart the gospel, but his own soul as well. Even as God gives of himself, we can give of ourselves

And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. - John 14:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John14:16-17&version=NKJV

Not the Son, and not the Father. The Holy Spirit.

“But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. - John 16:5-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John16:5-7&version=NKJV

Jesus was going to His Father, so that the Helper (aka the Holy Spirit) would come to us, sent by Jesus, just as the Father sent the Son.

But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.” - Acts 5:3-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts5:3-4&version=NKJV

Then Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.” - Acts 5:9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts5:9&version=NKJV

The Holy Spirit is God, but He is not the Father.

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. - Psalm 139:7-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm139:7-8&version=NKJV

The Holy Spirit is omnipresent (in that He can be wherever He wants to be).

But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. - 1 Corinthians 2:10-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:10-11&version=NKJV

The Holy Spirit is omniscient (in that He can know whatever He wants to know).

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. - 1 Corinthians 2:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:12&version=NKJV

The Holy Spirit is FROM God, showing that He is distinct from the Father and Son.

These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 Corinthians 2:13-14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:13-14&version=NKJV

The Holy Spirit is a teacher.

But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. - 1 Corinthians 2:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:10&version=NKJV

The Holy Spirit is a person. We know this because He thinks and knows.

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. - Ephesians 4:30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians4:30&version=NKJV

He can be grieved (you can't grieve an it, a non-person).

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. - Romans 8:26-27 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans8:26-27&version=NKJV

He intercedes for us. If He is the Father, then to whom is He interceding for us? But He is not the Father.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills. - 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians12:7-11&version=NKJV

He makes decisions according to His will. (One of the key traits of a "person" is that the being has a will.)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
And you would gladly have your head chopped off?
Gladly? Heck no! That's the point of the question, which wasn't directed at you, so I can only guess why you'd presume to answer it, seeing as how, as you've graciously shown us in the rest of your post here, you don't believe in the Resurrection, and so, are not Christian. " We'll let that simmer for awhile ;) - and perhaps you need to relax a bit,....take a spiritual chill pill :) "
Daqq's quote of Jesus words holds,....we can have passion, but when it comes to name-calling...that starts crossing the line.
Says what law? What spiritual authority are you referencing in saying that? Or are you referring to yourself as the moral authority here?
Your zeal for your 'church tradition' and holding to orthodox Christian dogma is noted ;)
You want to bury the Resurrection of Jesus Christ behind words like "tradition" and "orthodoxy"---fine. But don't take His name in vain.
My commentary on the resurrection still holds
That the Resurrection didn't happen, you mean? No that don't hold.
, in response to you bringing up the subject, see from page 34
Not everybody has the same posts-per-page setting as you do Freelight, please bear it in mind.
on. - Anyone who knows my theology knows its very liberal, eclectic, universal and esoteric...I see the inner meanings and values of religious teaching and symbols,....which recognizes that it is not NECESSARY to believe that the resurrection only applies to some physical body being supernaturally raised in the sky, then disappearing or teleporting into the ethers.

The resurrection is essentially spiritual, and it can include a transformation of consciousness as well, even while still in the flesh. However in general it happens right after our physical death or later, when the spirit-body arises after the flesh body is discarded, and that new resurrection body becomes that vehicle which is then fit to dwell in that new spiritual dimension, whether on a new earth, or continuing on in the heaven worlds. I have the flexiblity to include basic Spiritualist understanding and context of the spirit-body and afterlife into the greater picture here. I affirm Jesus was raised in the Spirit, as the scriptures do teach. Therefore your claim that I deny the resurrection or assume it is mere 'fiction' is a false charge. The 'raising of the dead' includes far more than just a carnal conception of a physical body flying thru the heavens. In order for Jesus to be raised in the triumphant way he is supposed to have risen, could only be done by the power of the Spirit. This I affirm as a true spiritualist, honoring God the Father who is the Father of all spirits, Jesus included.
Thanks for clarifying that I was correct, like I said; you regard the Resurrection as fiction.

Now how would your spirituality, religion, theology, etc., change, if you were to simply believe in the Resurrection? The Lord is risen, not "essentially spiritually," but bodily, physically, and whatever else conveys clearly that it happened nonfictionally? You've decided to reject that, and instead embrace however you prefer to describe it, using whatever terms you find useful, all, except for "nonfiction."

How many people were murdered for witnessing to the Lord Jesus rising "spiritually," Freelight? Zero.

What would change, for you, if you cast aside all your many years of study and thought and work, denying the physical, historical event, and instead received it? Or did I read that you once did believe it?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Raising souls..............

Raising souls..............

Gladly? Heck no! That's the point of the question, which wasn't directed at you, so I can only guess why you'd presume to answer it, seeing as how, as you've graciously shown us in the rest of your post here, you don't believe in the Resurrection, and so, are not Christian.

I've shared my views on the resurrection, enough for one to ascertain enough to see I do affirm the resurrection, that God raised Jesus from the dead. You keep hammering your own 'interpretation' and 'accusation' towards my person, albeit we have some problems with 'interpreting' my words :) I'm also not under a burden or concern whether to be called a 'Christian' by someone else's standards or 'criteria', since 'God' looks at the heart, he sees the inner most being of a person.

Says what law? What spiritual authority are you referencing in saying that? Or are you referring to yourself as the moral authority here?

Oh dear,...now who needs the spiritual chill pill? :crackup:

I merely referenced Jesus admonition and caution about name-calling. Take it up with him ;)

You want to bury the Resurrection of Jesus Christ behind words like "tradition" and "orthodoxy"---fine. But don't take His name in vain.

These are your projections based on your interpretation of my commentary. I've not taken the Lord's name in vain, so I don't need to be reprimanded for that, another one of your 'presumptions'. My integrity before the Lord holds, and he knows my heart. In this respect I resonate with the school and lineage of David.

That the Resurrection didn't happen, you mean? No that don't hold.

Still going on about that I see. Notice you are the only one judging about someone else NOT believing in the Resurrection. I've affirmed it.

Not everybody has the same posts-per-page setting as you do Freelight, please bear it in mind.

I did realize that, but figured it would give at least a rough or near approximation anyhow.

Thanks for clarifying that I was correct, like I said; you regard the Resurrection as fiction.

'Fiction' is your word, not mine, as well as 'non-fiction' by constrast. I however do not find these words as 'adequate' to describe the 'event', since the resurrection can be interpreted in different ways, figuratively, symbolically, allegorically, etc. God raised his Messiah-Son from the dead,...this can be interpreted on many levels. You appear to have a prefigured idea or concept of God raising Jesus physically from the dead, and then teleporting Jesus up into the heavens, and that the resurrection is WHOLLY dependent upon this physical appearance or figure of Jesus rising from the grave, etc. The scriptures tell us God raised up Jesus from the dead, it does not give specifics on what kind of 'body' he was raised with, since he seems to have changed form (transformed) and had a body that could walk thru walls, de-materialize and other amazing abilities that a normal flesh body does not have. God raised Jesus up thru and in the power of the Spirit.

Now how would your spirituality, religion, theology, etc., change, if you were to simply believe in the Resurrection? The Lord is risen, not "essentially spiritually," but bodily, physically, and whatever else conveys clearly that it happened nonfictionally?

Whoa, we're still dealing with a concept of the resurrection on your part that you insist I believe in in order for it to qualify as 'nonfictional' - you're still making the 'terms' here :) I don't think believing or feeling that God raised up Jesus in the Spirit makes it 'non-fiction'! The fact is you cant prove Jesus was raised any other way either, except ASSUMING written accounts have Jesus rising into the air, and witnesses seeing that event, or in after-resurrection appearances to various people. You still have to accept the accounts written by FAITH.

You've decided to reject that, and instead embrace however you prefer to describe it, using whatever terms you find useful, all, except for "nonfiction."

You're still stuck in your pre-figurations and assumptions about what I believe. I see things on a deeper subjective, figurative, analogical, allegorical, metaphysical level, along with forms, images and appearances, which are a play of light and shadow to waking consciousness. I neither fictionalize or non-fictionalize the event :) - I don't care for those terms.

How many people were murdered for witnessing to the Lord Jesus rising "spiritually," Freelight? Zero.

I think we have a martyr complex thing going on here :idunno: - back to people getting their heads chopped off, I don't think too many people sign up for that, but back in the day,...many zealous persons apparently did, in various ways and fashions. I don't see someone dying for an event that supposedly happened millennias ago as necessary, but to live one's faith and serve life as a more noble life purpose and calling.

What would change, for you, if you cast aside all your many years of study and thought and work, denying the physical, historical event, and instead received it? Or did I read that you once did believe it?

:) sigh. It appears we're on the same circular track here, and I understand in part your sentiment toward endeavoring me to accept the resurrection as you understand and define it. For me it is essentially a spiritual event, a psychological transformation,...which of course affects spirit, soul and body,....it is holistic. I am not so constrained to affirm that every detail of the event was as 'assumed' or 'described' in any text or tradition, and hold to the 'God raised Jesus in the Spirit'.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=3]Jesus Ascends to Heaven[/h][FONT=&quot]9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

Witnesses
[/FONT]

Reactions: Lon

oatmeal

(You need to work on your formatting, Oats.)

And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. - John 14:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John14:16-17&version=NKJV

Not the Son, and not the Father. The Holy Spirit.

“But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. - John 16:5-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John16:5-7&version=NKJV

Jesus was going to His Father, so that the Helper (aka the Holy Spirit) would come to us, sent by Jesus, just as the Father sent the Son.

But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.” - Acts 5:3-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts5:3-4&version=NKJV

Then Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.” - Acts 5:9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts5:9&version=NKJV

The Holy Spirit is God, but He is not the Father.

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. - Psalm 139:7-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm139:7-8&version=NKJV

The Holy Spirit is omnipresent (in that He can be wherever He wants to be).

But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. - 1 Corinthians 2:10-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:10-11&version=NKJV

The Holy Spirit is omniscient (in that He can know whatever He wants to know).

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. - 1 Corinthians 2:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:12&version=NKJV

The Holy Spirit is FROM God, showing that He is distinct from the Father and Son.

These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 Corinthians 2:13-14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:13-14&version=NKJV

The Holy Spirit is a teacher.

But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. - 1 Corinthians 2:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:10&version=NKJV

The Holy Spirit is a person. We know this because He thinks and knows.

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. - Ephesians 4:30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians4:30&version=NKJV

He can be grieved (you can't grieve an it, a non-person).

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. - Romans 8:26-27 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans8:26-27&version=NKJV

He intercedes for us. If He is the Father, then to whom is He interceding for us? But He is not the Father.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills. - 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians12:7-11&version=NKJV

He makes decisions according to His will. (One of the key traits of a "person" is that the being has a will.)

Yes, that is all very nice, but what the translators of the KJV and others fail to recognize is that the original manuscripts were not written in Greek, but in Aramaic. In Aramaic, the word "it" would have been the proper translation. Likewise, nouns in the Greek have "genders" This gender does not indicate that something is a he or a she it is simply a distinction they used.

God, who is the Giver is not an "it".

The gift given by the Giver is an "it"

We are not possessed by a spirit, the gift from the Holy Spirit, which is spirit, is ours to use.

We control it, it is not a he which controls us.

We have the free will to either use that gift or ignore it. Most people seem to ignore it, much to God's disappointment and grief.

When we use the gift of that spirit as God wants us to use it, we become more Christ like for the power it yields gives us victory over Satan and sin.

KingdomRose

Sigh.

Look, you've testified that you believe that the Lord is risen, without qualification, so I accept you as a sibling, because I believe that too.

That you can't accept the Trinity is God, and that God is the Trinity, is too bad, but somewhere your faith in the Resurrection must bridge between you and the Church, because the Church is the lasting mark upon the earth that the Resurrection is nonfiction, and that Church has been Trinitarian from the earliest, from the first generation, right from AD 33 or AD 30 or whenever the post-Ascension Pentecost occurred.

I know you disagree. I can only pray that you come around. Once you can at least entertain the notion that the Apostles were Trinitarians, then you will see that the New Testament is full of references to Him, not only the more obvious passages like Matthew 28:19 (KJV) and 2nd Corinthians 13:14 (KJV) and 2nd Peter 1:2 (KJV).

Faith seeking understanding.

Nihilo....No, the Church has not been trinitarian since the beginning, since 33 A.D. when the spirit anointing at Pentecost occurred. There has been much evidence presented to show that the Church galvanized the trinity doctrine in THE FOURTH CENTURY A.D. Even the Church itself admits this, as I have shown from the New Catholic Encyclopedia. The doctrine has GRADUALLY been incorporated into Catholic thought. It took a pagan emperor to decide which side of the issue would be acceptable, and the majority of bishops at the time (325 A.D.) went along with him.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I kick some jws down the road last week. Told them to tell it walking and no come back

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.