Jesus is God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I Don't see it the way you do. I see the logos as the express image of the Father, a spirit. It is not me that has twisted God's scriptures it was the early church fathers. I have dealt with it, you have not. As I told you friend, follow the crowd and see where it goes, I will follow my Lord to his God.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app
Does it say, the Word is God?

keypurr

That is a nice little tapdance you are doing.

Does the Bible say the Word is God?
Does the Bible say that Jesus is the Word.

What is the problem with seeing Jesus as God. Do you even believe that He is Lord?
Just trying to show you what is real.

YHWH SAYS that HE is the only true God. Christ agrees with that. Why do you not listen to them.

The word logos is what the translators from the Greek have, what proof do you have that they are right? Get the Aramaic and see what they say.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

6days

?....I will follow my Lord to his God.
There is only one Lord..... there is only One God.
Keypurr, your beliefs in multiple Lords, and lower gods is heretical.

Jesus accepted worship of Thomas who called Him Lord and God. Although Jesus was still in human flesh, Thomas understood now that Jesus was God The Son ...the Word who had taken on flesh.

Heb. 1:8 God the Father calls the son "God"....

And we know from scripture that Jesus is not created like the JW's falsely teach. Scripture tells us that Jesus created everything both in heaven and earth. Col.1:15, 16

keypurr

There is only one Lord..... there is only One God.
Keypurr, your beliefs in multiple Lords, and lower gods is heretical.

Jesus accepted worship of Thomas who called Him Lord and God. Although Jesus was still in human flesh, Thomas understood now that Jesus was God The Son ...the Word who had taken on flesh.

Heb. 1:8 God the Father calls the son "God"....

And we know from scripture that Jesus is not created like the JW's falsely teach. Scripture tells us that Jesus created everything both in heaven and earth. Col.1:15
There is one God, the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. These are Paul's words and I believe them.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Why are you and BR having a problem with thst?

Christ is the exact IMAGE of his FATHER.
That makes him a creation for ALL IMAGES are a creation. Show me any image that is not created.

Jesus Christ is a servant son of his God. There is no Trinity mentioned in scripture, it's total assumption and it's wrong.

6days

No we can't. Man has corrupted it over the years and instilled their bias traditions.

That's what Muslims teach. The JW's also teach scripture has been corrupted? Is that their justification for changing scripture to fit their doctrine?

As Christians we can have 100% confidence that God has preserved His Word. There are a number of methods to determine and cross check accuracy of our modern Bibles with the thousands of ancient manuscripts.

keypurr

That's what Muslims teach. The JW's also teach scripture has been corrupted? Is that their justification for changing scripture to fit their doctrine?

As Christians we can have 100% confidence that God has preserved His Word. There are a number of methods to determine and cross check accuracy of our modern Bibles with the thousands of ancient manuscripts.
I have no idea what Muslims teach and I sm not a JW. My thoughts are from what I get out of reading scripture for seventy years.

The Bible is full of human errors, if you wish to not accept that, do so. I prove all things before I accept it.

My bedtime now friend, pray that you may understand why I believe the way I do.

6days

There is one God, the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. These are Paul's words and I believe them.
No you don't because in the same verse you refer to it tells us that all things came from God, and all things came from our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus created all things both in heaven and earth. You reject scripture that contradicts your false belief system.
Keypurr said:
I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ.
You reject Him, and instead worship an idol.
keypurr said:
Christ is the exact IMAGE of his FATHER.
That makes him a creation for ALL IMAGES are a creation. Show me any image that is not created.
You use silly logic trying to explain away what God clearly tells us..... Jesus created everything both in Heaven and on earth.
keypurr said:
Jesus Christ is a servant son of his God. There is no Trinity mentioned in scripture, it's total assumption and it's wrong.
You are right about one thing..... The word trinity is not in scripture. But your failure to recognize our Creator as your Savior is a case of spiritual blindness. You worship an idol....a creation of a cult belief system. Keypurr..... You do not know the God of the Bible.

marhig

No you don't because in the same verse you refer to it tells us that all things came from God, and all things came from our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus created all things both in heaven and earth. You reject scripture that contradicts your false belief system.
You reject Him, and instead worship an idol.
You use silly logic trying to explain away what God clearly tells us..... Jesus created everything both in Heaven and on earth.
You are right about one thing..... The word trinity is not in scripture. But your failure to recognize our Creator as your Savior is a case of spiritual blindness. You worship an idol....a creation of a cult belief system. Keypurr..... You do not know the God of the Bible.

I think you need to take another look at your Bible before you so harshly judge people

Have you read about the history of the trinity before you accuse keypurr of being so wrong. Have you read how the trinity belief came into being? It was a duality at first and they didn't know what to do about the holy spirit but they added him on at a later date thus creating the trinity!

Is there anywhere in the Bible where it says God the son? Is it written anywhere in the epistles and preaching of the apostles who would have known who Jesus was? God would have made sure that was there.

Now what about these verses, seeing as keypurr is being accused for being so wrong.

This verses below, clearly shows that God is above Christ and he is the head of him. What are we supposed to do just dismiss them when they clearly show that God is the God of Jesus too?

1 Corinthians 11

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians, 8

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Timothy 2

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

Mark 10

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

1 Peter 1

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

John 20

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and.to my God, and your God

The apostles separated God and Jesus and they said that God was the God of Jesus Christ

Ephesians 1

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him

Philippians 1

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from.the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenlyplaces.in Christ

Christ is in subjection to God

1 Corinthians 15

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The word is Gods word

John 3

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand

John 14

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Matthew 4

But Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

John 12

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

God set Christ at his right hand

Ephesians 1:20

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set*him*at his own right hand in the heavenly*places

Jesus prayed to God to forgive, why didn't he just do it himself if he was God? He said that without the father he could nothing.

John 5

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Again in John 5

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

John 8

Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Jesus was in the express image of God, but he isn't God

Hebrews 1-3

Who being the brightness of his.glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Colossians 1

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature

And I can go on. Right though the new testament there are verses like those.

Some of you so harshly judge others, yet they are only reading the Bible, which clearly shows that there is one God, and his son Jesus Christ and God is his God also.

Last edited:

beameup

Have you read how the trinity belief came into being? It was a duality at first and they didn't know what to do about the holy spirit but they added him on at a later date thus creating the trinity!

Judaism believed in "duality" in the first century because the Old Testament clearly shows
"two powers" in heaven. Actually, they clearly also believed in the ruach 'Elohim- Holy Spirit.
However, the Jews clearly underestimated the HOLINESS of God and His desire to have an intimate relationship with mankind. So they rejected their Savior Yeshua.

There was a 70AD mad-scramble to edit-out "duality" from all of their scriptures by placing their "oral tradition" far above the Word of God. They elevated their "scribes" and "rabbis" to a
God-like position, to trust them to "decipher" and "convey" the meaning of Scripture - through the Talmud - to the ("uneducated") common Jewry.

marhig

Judaism believed in "duality" in the first century because the Old Testament clearly shows
"two powers" in heaven. Actually, they clearly also believed in the ruach 'Elohim- Holy Spirit.
However, the Jews clearly underestimated the HOLINESS of God and His desire to have an intimate relationship with mankind. So they rejected their Savior Yeshua.

There was a 70AD mad-scramble to edit-out "duality" from all of their scriptures by placing their "oral tradition" far above the Word of God. They elevated their "scribes" and "rabbis" to a
God-like position, to trust them to "decipher" and "convey" the meaning of Scripture - through the Talmud - to the ("uneducated") common Jewry.

Yes, they did believe in the spirit of God, as he is in the old testament, but, I don't think that they believed in the 2 Gods as one. I've never seen that in the old testament, only that there is one God.

But what I'm saying is, if you and others believe in the trinity and that all else is false teaching, then that's your beliefs. But others also have the right to have their beliefs, we have freewill. I believe the trinity doctrine as a teaching made up by men who couldn't work out who Jesus was in relation to God, so made him God.

And as I've shown above, the Bible clearly shows that God is also the God of Jesus Christ. So to rip others to bits for believing this is wrong. They're called cultists, heretics, false teachers, accused of bringing others to hell, teaching a false message etc etc. Yet I can see clearly in reading the scriptures (and show it) that God is the God of Jesus as I've shown above from the Bible itself.

I think some people should be careful before they condemn individual people. There are many denominations, not one will be completely right. But there will be people within those churches who have the right heart. I wouldn't condemn anyone or call others unsaved. Who are we to know the heart of God? and what God sees in our hearts? Or who God will have heaven? We are only flesh not God. Some may look perfect on the outside and believe just as you do and you see them as saved, yet their hearts could be very wrong before God. Someone else may see someone as being in a cult, but they could love God with all their hearts and be truly following Jesus. Who are we to judge each other? The word of God judges, and God knows who's heard the truth and who's sincere, and only he knows each of our hearts.

I definitely believe certain teachings are wrong and I will say so, but, I don't condemn individual people especially insinuating or saying that they are going to hell!

And what if one day we find out others are right and we are wrong and we'd condemned them to hell through our own judgements? As I said, we don't know the heart, only God knows that and he's the righteous judge, who sends the rain and the sun on the evil and the good. God is love.

I believe we start to descend into hell in this life, by following our own lusts and desires, and once Satan has a hold he pulls us right down. He wants us as far away from God as possible and he'll fill our head with nonsense to keep us in darkness. Holding hardness for one and hatred for another is a part of Satan's plan to divide, he loves sitting in our hearts as if he's God, but God wants him out.

So sin must stop, and Jesus came and showed to the way back to God and to how turn from sin, starting with denying ourselves and taking up our cross he did his, he denied Satan completely and he showed us a perfect example, and if we are willing to be a living sacrifice, we are to follow him, and deny Satan also, deny our fleshly desires follow the holy son of the living God, and we will be blessed by receiving the spirit of truth to teach us and guide us and put us to death in the flesh, and God will dwell on our hearts and Christ will be seen in our lives. And he will strengthen us to overcome, because he has overcome the world.

Matthew 16

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it

Matthew 24

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved