Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

oatmeal

Saved, or may be saved.
BigBoof1959, Bright Raven, Caino, Cruciform, ebenz47037, Nick M, OCTOBER23, Robert Pate, S0ZO, steko, tomlapalm, Totton Linnet

Not saved.
aikido7, jamie, keypurr, meshak, oatmeal, Omniskeptical, Pierac, Under Pressure

Thanks for your opinion.

God's word states otherwise.

Romans 10:9-10 gives us the two conditions to receive salvation.

I have met both, have you?

Krsto

Thanks for your opinion.

God's word states otherwise.

Romans 10:9-10 gives us the two conditions to receive salvation.

I have met both, have you?

Ktoyou is just giving God a break from the arduous task of having to make all these difficult judgments so that God can be freed up for more important work. She'll probably end up serving at his right hand for her meritorious service, don't you think?

Pierac

Matthew 17:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

A better perspective on your verse.... God's chosen one!

NASB Luke 9:35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!"

Who's chosen one? That's right God's chosen one... not God himself!!!

Isa 42:1 "Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold; My chosen one in whom My soul delights. I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the nations.

Moses was a Chosen one too....

Psa 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood in the breach before Him, To turn away His wrath from destroying them.

Luk 23:35 And the people stood by, looking on. And even the rulers were sneering at Him, saying, "He saved others; let Him save Himself if this is the Christ of God, His Chosen One."

You have much to learn about Hebrew culture as you wander about scripture in your American view bermuda shorts wearing white socks and sandals with your dark scriptural blinding sunglasses.

If your God's chosen one.... then you can't be God! :think:

Jesus has a God and he tells you how important you know this fact!!! It's eternal life my friend!!!

Joh 17:3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

You better get a clue that you may know what Jesus was talking about in John 17:3. Your posting like a biblical tourist! Get rid of the socks!
:poly::sherlock:
Paul

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mighty God, Everlasting Father

Is Jesus your father? When Jesus said, "Our Father which art in heaven" are you thinking he was praying to himself as the mighty God?

The Hebrew el is a generic term which in this case obviously does not refer to the Most High. The term actually refers to a mighty one, any mighty one. Even angels are referred to as el (Psalm 29:1)

Krsto

He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18
Yes, delegated to him by the Father. That is not omnipotence.

"Where 2 or 3...I am there" Matt. 18:20
Ability to be many places at once isn't omnipresence and he can only do it because God gave him the ability to do it.
John 1:48-50 Jesus knew where Nathaniel was.
Many humans get a "word of knowledge" from God. That's not omniscience.
Quite correct...the son of man ...the human Jesus did not know. MATT 24:36
But you say the divine person did know? That is an ancient heresy called Nestorianism which makes Jesus two people, one human and one divine. You can't retreat into, "His human nature didn't know." Either the person of Christ knew or he didn't. If he didn't he wasn't omniscient.

"Of the Son he says, "Thy throne oh God..."" Heb. 1:8

Or
" and the Word was God"
Both terms used for human representatives of God.

Jesus is also called 'Lord'. Matt. 22:43-45
God made him both Lord and Christ (Acts 2:36). IOW, his lordship was delegated to him by God the Father.

Jesus is also called 'King of kings and Lord of lords'. Rev. 19:16
Again, delegated authority, not omnipotence.

What verse says Jesus was made? Or that God appointed anyone other than the one true God as Lord?
Acts 2:36. One true Gods aren't appointed by anybody, else they wouldn't be one true Gods, by definition.

Some people today worship Buddah... or their car. But who alone is worthy to be worshipped.
God the Father and anyone he chooses to be worshipped.

Angels worship Jesus .."Let all the angels of God worship Him" Heb. 1:6
And...
Amen.

"At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of those who are in Heaven, and those on earth, and under the earth."
Phil. 2:10
Amen.

John 14:23
John 10:30
Jesus claiming to be able to do something the Father enables him to do is only equality in a certain sense and limited to what God allows. And yes, Jesus and the Father are one, but that has nothing to do with equality. Jesus prayed us believers would be one also, and his point was unity, not equality.

Yes...as the Son of man, that makes perfect sense.
He said his Father is greater than him as a person, not "as the Son of Man." You make a false distinction.

Yes...as the Son of man, that makes perfect sense. But also we need to see what Jesus says about who the Son of God is. We need look at the full context of all scripture including prophecy.
Agreed.
Ex. "A child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." ISAIAH 9:6
Sloppy exegesis. "Mighty God" is not the same as "Almighty God." Jesus is never called Almighty God. Not once. Isa. 9:6 does nothing for your case.

Pierac

The creator Son, who is the Father of us and the Son of I AM, became a human and lived according to the will of his Father. He then returned to Heaven and is now our God.

Sorry my friend but Jesus is not God in heaven. He is still the man he was born and chosen to be!!!

Act 7:55 But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; Act 7:56 and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

Jesus was at the right hand of GOD... Note not considered as GOD!!!

Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

So... according to Paul and the rest of scripture.... Your mediator between you and God is a man named Jesus!!!:think:

I know... traditions of men die a hard death.
FYI... There is no creator Son in scripture just as you have a miss understanding of the term "Son of God." I suggest you do a Hebraic search on that term.

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

keypurr

Yes, of course we need give credit to God for everything. And the man Jesus, did give credit to "our Father". *But we also need consider the whole of scripture realizing the Jesus is our Creator. ..and will be our judge. Both OT & NT are consistent in letting us know who Jesus is.

"For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Isaiah 9:6

It never really says that Jesus is the creator, Christ did the creating. Jesus was born to Mary into the world created by Christ. The biggest half truth is seeing Jesus as the son sent to us when it was really Christ, the spiritual son that God sent.

There is a lot of controversy in the verse Isaiah 9:6, some say a mighty warrior. I do not build my faith on any single verse.

Posted from the TOL App!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is a lot of controversy in the verse Isaiah 9:6, some say a mighty warrior. I do not build my faith on any single verse.

There should be no controversy. The mighty "God" simply refers to a mighty one, any mighty one, even angels.

Almighty God would be El Shaddai.

keypurr

There should be no controversy. The mighty "God" simply refers to a mighty one, any mighty one, even angels.

Almighty God would be El Shaddai.

Some folks will lean on a verse like that rather than go on to seek truth.

Posted from the TOL App!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

David's son/descendant is the Branch.

The Lord Jesus is the Branch.

The Lord Jesus is the King.

The name by which the Lord Jesus shall be called is The LORD/YHVH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

YHVH is one YHVH.

The Lord Jesus is YHVH/LORD Jesus our righteousness.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me

Isa 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Isa 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.
Joh 8:24 I[Jesus] said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Where did Gabriel come from? Was he also a new creation or did he come down from heaven to announce the coming of the Son?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The term LORD represents the Hebrew YHVH which means the self existing one. The Father is self existing and since the Father resurrected Jesus he too is self existing.

Everyone in the first resurrection will be self existing.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The term LORD represents the Hebrew YHVH which means the self existing one. The Father is self existing and since the Father resurrected Jesus he too is self existing.

That's dishonest, Jesus resurrected himself like he said. You are retelling the story in a different way.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Where did Jesus say he did in fact raise himself from the dead?

Jesus Cleanses the Temple

…18The Jews then said to Him, "What sign do You show us as your authority for doing these things?" 19Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20The Jews then said, "It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?"…

keypurr

Jesus Cleanses the Temple

…18The Jews then said to Him, "What sign do You show us as your authority for doing these things?" 19Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20The Jews then said, "It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?"…

But there is no verse that says he did it.

oatmeal

I Peter 3:6

Abraham was called lord.