Jesus is God !

Apple7

Bs'd

There is no such thing.

I gave you MANY verses saying God is one.

There is NOT A SINGLE verse saying God is a trinity.

The trinity is a pagan, idolatrous, illogical, extra-Biblical concept.

What part of "God is one" is it that trinitarians don't understand??

Eliyahu

The Trinity is one God.

What part of this don't you understand...?

Moses was Trinitarian.

Drake Shelton

Then why didn't you answer in the negative? "No, that I, Drake, don't love or worship the Lord Jesus Christ."

Emotional meltdowns and baseless emotional bates with accusations like I don't love the Lord Jesus Christ are sad admissions that your arguments have failed, and you have no answer to my accusations.

Drake Shelton

It applies to Jesus.

Exegetically refute that!

:zoomin:

Be glad to. The NT writers qualify the word Theos with reference to the Father and no other person. The Bible at no point refers to the One God as an abstract essence/subject or nature/subject that attaches to three other relation subjects or the absolute blasphemy of the Tri-Theistic or Monadistic phrase "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost". The only time the NT uses the word Theos and attaches a numeric value to it, it is referring to the Father; never to the son or spirit. And the fact remains, the One God is never said to be a divine nature. The Scripture does describe the Father as the one person who is, “tou monou Theos” (John 5:44 “How can you believe, when you receive [fn]glory from one another and you do not seek the [fn]glory that is from the one and only God?), “ton monon alethinon theon” (John 17:3 “This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.) and “eis theos” (1Cor 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him; Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all ).

SeraphimsCherub

Emotional meltdowns and baseless emotional bates with accusations like I don't love the Lord Jesus Christ are sad admissions that your arguments have failed, and you have no answer to my accusations.

Why do boast about your accusations?? When Satan is the accuser of the brethren.

Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Blessings...
SC

Drake Shelton

Originally Posted by Apple7
Still waiting for that one Biblical verse which states that God is a monad.

You are the one that says God is a monad. I believe that the One God is the Father, a concreted intellect with thoughts and a will. That is not a monad.

Drake Shelton

The Trinity is one God.

Moses was Trinitarian.

The part we don't understand is that if you say that three are one, what you are saying is that the three persons are three PARTS OF THE ONE GOD. The Roman Scholastics who gave you this doctrine reject that because of Absolute Divine Simplicity. The fact is the Bible speaks of God as a he or a me, not parts of a monad.

Apple7

Be glad to. The NT writers qualify the word Theos with reference to the Father and no other person.

Nope.

As mandated by the TSKS rule of Greek grammar, Jesus is called Theos here…

προσδεχομενοι την μακαριαν ελπιδα και επιφανειαν της δοξης του μεγαλου θεου και σωτηρος ημων χριστου ιησου

And here…

σιμων πετρος δουλος και αποστολος ιησου χριστου τοις ισοτιμον ημιν λαχουσιν πιστιν εν δικαιοσυνη του θεου ημων και σωτηρος ιησου χριστου

The Bible at no point refers to the One God as an abstract essence/subject or nature/subject that attaches to three other relation subjects or the absolute blasphemy of the Tri-Theistic or Monadistic phrase "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost".

Try reading Jesus’ Baptism.

The only time the NT uses the word Theos and attaches a numeric value to it, it is referring to the Father; never to the son or spirit. And the fact remains, the One God is never said to be a divine nature. The Scripture does describe the Father as the one person who is, “tou monou Theos” (John 5:44 “How can you believe, when you receive [fn]glory from one another and you do not seek the [fn]glory that is from the one and only God?), “ton monon alethinon theon” (John 17:3 “This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.) and “eis theos” (1Cor 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him; Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all ).

Regarding John 17.3, if you were even remotely familiar with Greek, then you would already be cognizant that there are absolutely no grammatical reasons at all for denying that αληθινον θεον refers to Jesus Christ.

This can be deduced from a study of the article with multiple substantives connected via kai.

αυτη δε εστιν η αιωνιος ζωη ινα γινωσκωσιν σε τον μονον αληθινον θεον και ον απεστειλας ιησουν χριστον

hautē de estin hē aiōnios zōē hina ginōskōsin se ton monon alēthinon theon kai hon apesteilas Iēsoun christon

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent. (John 17.3)

Of the seventy times in which the demonstrative pronoun ουτος has a personal referent in the Gospel of John and his Epistles, the Father is never the referent! This fact, along with proximity, significantly increases the likelihood that Jesus Christ is the antecedent in the case of 1 John 5.20, as thus…

οιδαμεν δε οτι ο υιος του θεου ηκει και δεδωκεν ημιν διανοιαν ινα γινωσκομεν τον αληθινον και εσμεν εν τω αληθινω εν τω υιω αυτου ιησου χριστω ουτος εστιν ο αληθινος θεος και ζωη αιωνιος

oidamen de hoti ho huios tou theou hēkei kai dedōken hēmin dianoian hina ginōskōmen ton alēthinon kai esmen en tō huiō autou Iēsou Christō houtos estin ho alēthinos theos kai zōē aiōnios

And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given to us an understanding that we may know the true One, and we are in the true One, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and the life eternal. (1 John 5.20)

Now…go ‘re-animate’ yourself….

Drake Shelton

Nope.

As mandated by the TSKS rule of Greek grammar, Jesus is called Theos here…

Did you even read the post? I never said they never call Jesus theos. I said they never qualify that term numerically with Jesus. They only qualify it numerically with the Father.

Try reading Jesus’ Baptism.

Thank you for admitting you have no scripture for your monad.

Regarding John 17.3, if you were even remotely familiar with Greek

I took a year of grad level greek and got the best grade in my class the first semester.

then you would already be cognizant that there are absolutely no grammatical reasons at all for denying that αληθινον θεον refers to Jesus Christ.

Sure I do, the antecedent σέ and the subsequent καὶ ὃν ἀπέστειλας which stands between the two persons. You have Jesus praying to himself.

Of the seventy times in which the demonstrative pronoun ουτος has a personal referent in the Gospel of John and his Epistles, the Father is never the referent! This fact, along with proximity, significantly increases the likelihood that Jesus Christ is the antecedent in the case of 1 John 5.20, as thus…

Your problem is the αὐτοῦ in the previous sentence: ἐν τῷ υἱῷ αὐτοῦ Ἰησοῦ Χριστῷ. The subject of the conversation is the Father of Jesus Christ.

Paul is clear all over his epistles: Rom 16:27, 1Cor 8:6, and

Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

and thus Jud 1:25

Lon

Bs'd
Eliyahu
Btw <--(that means something).
"Bs'd" doesn't mean anything.

You don't get to make up words because you are trying to be trendy. Paris Hilton tried to be trendy with the phrase "that's hot" once. Since you are following in her footsteps, it might be a good reminder to tell you she was laughed at and nobody started saying it. Nobody is going to adopt Bs'd either.

You know what most people associate bs with? Baloney Sandwich is one that comes to mind. There are others, like "bullstuff," but "baloney" is what I think every time I read your Bs'd posts "a bunch of baloney" and it is your doing.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, it is not an admission that his arguments have failed.

Apple7

Did you even read the post? I never said they never call Jesus theos. I said they never qualify that term numerically with Jesus. They only qualify it numerically with the Father.

Nope.

You made two separate assertions.

Your first ignorant assertion was....'The NT writers qualify the word Theos with reference to the Father and no other person.'

I demonstrated that Theos is used as a direct referent to Jesus.

Just deal with it...

Thank you for admitting you have no scripture for your monad.

Jesus' baptism demonstrates the Trinity; Father, Son, & Spirit.

Again....just deal with it...

I took a year of grad level greek and got the best grade in my class the first semester.

:down:

Sure I do, the antecedent σέ and the subsequent καὶ ὃν ἀπέστειλας which stands between the two persons. You have Jesus praying to himself.

Go back and learn some Greek.

Your problem is the αὐτοῦ in the previous sentence: ἐν τῷ υἱῷ αὐτοῦ Ἰησοῦ Χριστῷ. The subject of the conversation is the Father of Jesus Christ.

The true God applies to Jesus.

Paul is clear all over his epistles: Rom 16:27, 1Cor 8:6, and

Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

and thus Jud 1:25

And...this somehow 'thwarts' the Trinity, how, exactly...?

Elia

The Trinity is one God.

Bs'd

You might claim that your trinity is one God, but it is not one god who is one.

Moses was Trinitarian.

This is what Moses said:

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​
Deut 6:4

What part of "God is one" is it that the trinitarians don't understand??

Eliyahu, light unto the nations

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"All the peoples walk each in the name of his god, but as for us; we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God forever and ever!" Micah 4:5

Apple7

Bs'd

You might claim that your trinity is one God, but it is not one god who is one.

You are still trying to guess what the Trinity is...aren't you....?

This is what Moses said:

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​
Deut 6:4

What part of "God is one" is it that the trinitarians don't understand??

Eliyahu, light unto the nations

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"All the peoples walk each in the name of his god, but as for us; we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God forever and ever!" Micah 4:5

The Shema is Trinitarian!

Come on...

Drake Shelton

Apple7;3247188 Your first ignorant assertion was....[I said:
'The NT writers qualify the word Theos with reference to the Father and no other person.'[/I]

Read the statement again. I did not say "The NT writers RESTRICT the word Theos to the Father and no other person." I SAID THAT THE FATHER RECEIVES A QUALIFICATION THAT NO OTHER PERSON RECEIVES.

And...this somehow 'thwarts' the Trinity, how, exactly...?

Depends on your definition of trinity, but it denies that the Father and Son are the same being. Mediation requires a distinction in subject by definition.

Elia

You are still trying to guess what the Trinity is...aren't you....?

Bs'd

This is what I know about it:

The trinity is an idolatrous pagan illogical extra-Biblical concept, adapted by the church from much older pagan religions, in order to cover up the fact that they have two gods; a God the Father, and a god the son. 1 + 1 = 2, and therefore Christians are polytheists, worshiping a whole divine family, and that makes them IDOL WORSHIPERS!

What the definition of the trinity is I don't know, but then again, nobody knows.

If you disagree, please give us the definition, but that is not going to happen.

It is just a bad attempt to cover up the fact that you are an idolater, worshiping a whole divine family.

The Shema is Trinitarian!

And pigs can fly!

Why is it that you start talking idiocy when you have nothing more to say?

Like Solomon said: "Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue." Prov 17:28

Eliyahu

Last edited:

Apple7

Read the statement again. I did not say "The NT writers RESTRICT the word Theos to the Father and no other person." I SAID THAT THE FATHER RECEIVES A QUALIFICATION THAT NO OTHER PERSON RECEIVES.

I showed you otherwise.

Depends on your definition of trinity, but it denies that the Father and Son are the same being. Mediation requires a distinction in subject by definition.

The Trinity already comprehends that the Father is NOT the Son...and that the Son is NOT the Father.

You are a typical Trinity-denier who is fighting a strawman of your very own ignorant creation...

Apple7

What the definition of the trinity is I don't know, but then again, nobody knows.

No surprise here!

But...you keep right on fighting against something that supposedly doesn't exist!

If you disagree, please give us the definition, but that is not going to happen.

The definition is contained in my avatar.

How many times do I have to tell you this?