Jesus is God !

Pneuma

Not enough? You don't even give it/us a moment's glance! :doh:

And as with GW, you are building off of your very own intellect, not scripture, not God. Your own logic, right or wrong and by most of your accounts, without the education for doing so. I'd flat out hate, hate mind you, to 1) have to stand on my own intellect had I poor school grades/ability, 2) had I an idea for which I stood quite alone without support, to even think I was in God's good graces for being such a pinheaded putz against other brothers and sisters in the faith with equal or better devotion and smarts 3) had to, in fact, step over scriptures that were at the very least, enough to give me great pause 4) to cause disturbance in the body over a matter that I was unsure of because of these other 3 doubtful/dubious points, and honest enough to admit it.

You people don't only not hate it, you seem to revel in your self importance. No? Remember jumping so quickly into the "Jesus was married" thread, for it? Entertaining quite readily the ridiculous and especially over against tradition and normative? :think:

Well the high priests called Peter and the boys ignorant fishermen so I guess that keypurr is in good company. And to say that those who do not believe in the trinity are not using scripture is just plain wrong.

Pneuma

The Issue is not accepting the scriptures that present the Manhood of Christ, the problem is those who reject the scriptures that present the Christ as God in His Deity.

Rejecting YOUR understanding of the scriptures is NOT the same as rejecting the scriptures.

Apple7

Run. Gill. Run.

Run. Gill. Run.

Let's take a look at how Gill ignores the challenge to tell us what the Trinity is...

When we speak and read from the Word of God, we can deal with each other equally: Strawman arguments are NOT my concern. We are new creation in Christ now.

1Co 2:4
I didn't speak my message with persuasive intellectual arguments. I spoke my message with a show of spiritual power

2Ti 2:23
Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments. You know they cause quarrels.

The early ''church/calling out/believers) reasoned from the scriptures. Those who were born again of God, helped those who may or may not understood.

Acts 17:2 KJV
(2) And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Nothing about your premise of what you think the Trinity is....in these scriptures.

But my trust does get broken, when people add phrases to the Word of God such as these:

God the Son, 1st, 2nd, 3rd person of the Trinity, Triune, so my trust has already been broken.

Why don't you show us scripture that demonstrates that these things have been added, as you assert....

But nothing is impossible with God, God can mend that trust.

''God the Son''

Where did this phrase come from:

A) From man

B) From God

The answer is (A)

The answer is from scripture.

Can you confess to us all here, that fully understand the ''trinity doctrine'' yes or no?

Look at this cop-out by Gill, folks!

Gill does not know what the Trinity is....but is more than ready to reject it and put the 'definition' of it right back on the one who is asking in the first place.

Again...stop running and look at my avatar.

:sheep:

Gill White

Again...stop running and look at my avatar.

My mind is not your avatar, I will deal with spiritual matters :)

Acts 8:30-31 GW
Philip ran to the carriage and could hear the official reading the prophet Isaiah out loud. Philip asked him, "Do you understand what you're reading?" The official answered, "How can I understand unless someone guides me?" So he invited Philip to sit with him in his carriage. (Isa. 53)

Isa 53:1-7 LITV
(1) Who has believed our report? And to whom is the arm of Jehovah revealed?
(2) For He comes up before Him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground. He has no form nor magnificence that we should see Him; nor form that we should desire Him.
(3) He is despised and abandoned of men, a Man of pains, and acquainted with sickness. And as it were hiding our faces from Him, He being despised, and we did not value Him.
(4) Surely He has borne our sicknesses, and He carried our pain; yet we esteemed Him plagued, smitten by God, and afflicted.
(5) But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His wounds we ourselves are healed.
(6) All we like sheep have gone astray; we have each one turned to his own way; and Jehovah made meet in Him the iniquity of all of us.
(7) He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, but He did not open His mouth. He was led as a lamb to the slaughter; and as a ewe before her shearers is dumb, so He opened not His mouth.

Gill White

Let's take a look at how Gill ignores the challenge to tell us what the Trinity is...

You advertise this doctrine, so that's your job not mine:

Your job is to prove to us in this thread that what you advertise is the truth.

Last edited:

Gill White

Look at this cop-out by Gill, folks!

Gill does not know what the Trinity is....but is more than ready to reject it and put the 'definition' of it right back on the one who is asking in the first place.

I asked you a straight question, and the answer was either a simple yes or no.

So, seeing as you did not give us the answer, we can only ''assume'' that you also do not understand what the ''trinity'' is either:

Quote:
A catholic priest said this: “The trinity is a wonderful mystery. No one understands it......

Gill White

How can one explain something that is nonexistent?:wave2:

They don't understand it, even a Catholic Priest admits they so don't understand it.

A catholic priest said this: “The trinity is a wonderful mystery. No one understands it......

So if Apple does understand it, he should go and tell the catholic priest: :cigar:

keypurr

Not enough? You don't even give it/us a moment's glance! :doh:

And as with GW, you are building off of your very own intellect, not scripture, not God. Your own logic, right or wrong and by most of your accounts, without the education for doing so. I'd flat out hate, hate mind you, to 1) have to stand on my own intellect had I poor school grades/ability, 2) had I an idea for which I stood quite alone without support, to even think I was in God's good graces for being such a pinheaded putz against other brothers and sisters in the faith with equal or better devotion and smarts 3) had to, in fact, step over scriptures that were at the very least, enough to give me great pause 4) to cause disturbance in the body over a matter that I was unsure of because of these other 3 doubtful/dubious points, and honest enough to admit it.

You people don't only not hate it, you seem to revel in your self importance. No? Remember jumping so quickly into the "Jesus was married" thread, for it? Entertaining quite readily the ridiculous and especially over against tradition and normative? :think:

You forget that I lived your beliefs for many years. And as far is scripture, Gill is more understanding of scripture than you are. She is not chained to the errors of the church.

One must learn before one accepts. You talk foolishness sometimes Lon. Our intellect is what we have to reason with. You think anyone who just does not swallow all the tradition of church are wrong. You are so wrong Lon. If you had your way we would all be in a straight line, how boring that would be.

I brought up the Jesus was married thing because it was in the news. You can stick your head in the sand if you wish but some folks found it of interest. I am glad that I am me and not you.

Peace

keypurr

Well the high priests called Peter and the boys ignorant fishermen so I guess that keypurr is in good company. And to say that those who do not believe in the trinity are not using scripture is just plain wrong.

Thank you friend, I think I am in good company also. Trinity folks can not even explain the doctrine. Its. Mystery. Why would God make himself a mystery and then send his son to die for us?

They may be educated but they don't seem to think to much.

Apple7

Jesus said He was the Son of God, Jesus also said the Father and I are one, so Jesus, who is the Son of God and is one with the Father, must also be the Father as well, which you denied in our previous post.

That is completely flawed logic, Gill.

Applying your logic, you must also agree with this....you are a human....humans commit murder....thus, you are a murderer.

See...the fatal flaw in your logic, Gill?

Apple7

My mind is not your avatar, I will deal with spiritual matters :)

Acts 8:30-31 GW
Philip ran to the carriage and could hear the official reading the prophet Isaiah out loud. Philip asked him, "Do you understand what you're reading?" The official answered, "How can I understand unless someone guides me?" So he invited Philip to sit with him in his carriage. (Isa. 53)

Isa 53:1-7 LITV
(1) Who has believed our report? And to whom is the arm of Jehovah revealed?
(2) For He comes up before Him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground. He has no form nor magnificence that we should see Him; nor form that we should desire Him.
(3) He is despised and abandoned of men, a Man of pains, and acquainted with sickness. And as it were hiding our faces from Him, He being despised, and we did not value Him.
(4) Surely He has borne our sicknesses, and He carried our pain; yet we esteemed Him plagued, smitten by God, and afflicted.
(5) But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His wounds we ourselves are healed.
(6) All we like sheep have gone astray; we have each one turned to his own way; and Jehovah made meet in Him the iniquity of all of us.
(7) He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, but He did not open His mouth. He was led as a lamb to the slaughter; and as a ewe before her shearers is dumb, so He opened not His mouth.

How does this clarify the Trinity for you?

Apple7

I asked you a straight question, and the answer was either a simple yes or no.

So, seeing as you did not give us the answer, we can only ''assume'' that you also do not understand what the ''trinity'' is either:

Thanks for acknowledging that you don't know what the Trinity is, Gill.

Again....if you want to know the deity combos, then look at my avatar.

Till then....just keep working that strawman of yours...and keep tossing out scripture that you think thwarts something that you can't even put into words....let us know how that works-out for you....

OMEGA

WE KNOW THAT JESUS IS A GOD NOW

BECAUSE GOD THE FATHER TURNED HIM BACK INTO A GOD

WHEN HE WENT UP IN 32 AD.

WE ARE GOING TO BE CHANGED TOO.

WE KNOW ALL THIS STUFF.

What else is New ?

John 1:1

1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Apple7

And as far is scripture, Gill is more understanding of scripture than you are.
Peace

Ugghh...no pops.

Gill has about the same rudimentary level of scriptural understanding that you do. On a scale of 1 to 10, you have a 1, and Gill perhaps a 2.

At least Gill attempts to haphazardly use original language study tools…whereas yours lies collecting dust because you are too interested in firing-off your next ignorant post rather than taking time to study…