JESUS: God's New Creation and His New Humanity

Kott

BANNED
Banned
Those that are "In Christ" are 100% free from the law, sin, death, and religion.
No...not 100%
“For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.” Rom. 7:19
That was Paul walking in the flesh, Romans 7:25
Not sure what you are saying, (Are you just aguing semantics?) but I don't think it is debatable that as Christians we still struggle to be Christlike..... All of us still sin. We are not free from sin.
The Christian is a sinner and a saint at the same time.

Spiritually, we are perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Physically, we are sinners, 1 Timothy 1:15.

I try to dwell on the spiritual.
That's true if we are not guided by our Helper. But our Helper has never sinned and will not lead us to sin.

But it's our choice, we can sin or not sin. We are not robots.
I believe that is called "FREE WILL".
Jamie is right. God does not create robots. You are not truly human if you don't have a FREE WILL.
Can you pick out where Mr. Pate contradicted his own self
while trying to prove what he believes is the truth?
No contradiction. Spiritually, we are perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10 and now sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, Ephesians 2:6.

Physically, we are still here on the earth in our Adamic bodies that are sinful, Romans 7:17, 18.

If you don't know the difference between the two you will not understand the bible.
Now you are trying to deflect to making this about me. I did not say that Paul had no free will because he was walking in the flesh. You did. Are you in the flesh here on earth right now?

Everyone in a body of flesh is walking in the flesh.
Christianity is spiritual. The Gospel is spiritual. If you don't understand spiritual things you will not understand the Gospel.

As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners, but in God's eyes we are perfect and complete "In Christ". In our own eyes and in the eyes of others we are sinners.

The Holy Spirit is given to us as a keeper. It keeps us from sin that will harm us. The Holy Spirit is also our teacher and our guide, John 14:26.
The physical is the manifestation of the Spirit.

Why don't you just admit I found a error in that which you believe?
Especially when I have proved it by your own words?

Robert Pate

Banned
The physical is the manifestation of the Spirit.

Why don't you just admit I found a error in that which you believe?
Especially when I have proved it by your own words?

There is no error in what I believe. I know in whom and in what I believe, you just don't like it.

You are probably a holiness Christian and don't like the idea that you are a sinner.

Why did Paul refer to himself as "The Chief of Sinners?" 1 Timothy 1:15. and then in Colossians 2:10 say "We are complete in Christ"? Please answer the question. If you don't we will know who the real weasel is.

beloved57

There is no error in what I believe. I know in whom and in what I believe, you just don't like it.

You are probably a holiness Christian and don't like the idea that you are a sinner.

Why did Paul refer to himself as "The Chief of Sinners?" 1 Timothy 1:15. and then in Colossians 2:10 say "We are complete in Christ"? Please answer the question. If you don't we will know who the real weasel is.
You believe that sinners Christ died for are lost, that is error.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
You believe that sinners Christ died for are lost, that is error.

Instead of worrying about what I believe, you should be worrying about what you believe, because you are the one that is lost and is going to hell.

beloved57

Instead of worrying about what I believe, you should be worrying about what you believe, because you are the one that is lost and is going to hell.
How can you be a Gospel preacher when you believe and teach that those Christ died for will be lost in their sins?

Robert Pate

Banned
How can you be a Gospel preacher when you believe and teach that those Christ died for will be lost in their sins?

The reason that some will be lost in their sins is because like you they have rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ.

beloved57

The reason that some will be lost in their sins is because like you they have rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ.
So you teach that Christ failed to save them from their sins.

Kott

BANNED
Banned

I did not figure you would admit the truth. That is all I wanted to see. And if I can see it then I know God too can see it.

Kott

BANNED
Banned

Well I guess it was like you already stated...Paul has no free will walking in the flesh.

lol

lol

lol

Now that was funny.

Robert Pate

Banned
Well I guess it was like you already stated...Paul has no free will walking in the flesh.

lol

lol

lol

Now that was funny.

I don't think that is funny. I think that its sad that you don't understand the scriptures.

The Christian has two natures that are at war with each other. This is clearly revealed and taught in Romans 7.

beloved57

I don't think that is funny. I think that its sad that you don't understand the scriptures.

The Christian has two natures that are at war with each other. This is clearly revealed and taught in Romans 7.
I think it's sad when one teaches that people Christ died for will wind up in hell anyways.

Kott

BANNED
Banned

I think that it is funny that you think you are going
to be able to talk your way out the web of errors you have fallen into
by trying to deflect to some verses from the bible.
And claim I cannot read and understand them as you.
The Christian that has two natures that are at war with each other.
That you say is clearly revealed and taught in Romans 7.
Is not in Christ as it is written...

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ,
he is a new creature: old things are passed away;
behold, all things are become new.

By the way...

who wrote Roman 7 and 2 Corinthians?

Are you a new creature?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think that it is funny that you think you are going
to be able to talk your way out the web of errors you have fallen into
by trying to deflect to some verses from the bible.
And claim I cannot read and understand them as you.
The Christian that has two natures that are at war with each other.
That you say is clearly revealed and taught in Romans 7.
Is not in Christ as it is written...

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ,
he is a new creature: old things are passed away;
behold, all things are become new.

By the way...

who wrote Roman 7 and 2 Corinthians?

Are you a new creature?

It's obvious that the believer's body, which contains the same old brain, has not been redeemed yet, but is awaiting the future resurrection. Meanwhile, Paul admonishes us to be transformed by the renewing of the mind. If this process was automatic, there would be no point in his admonishment.
Likewise, Paul says for us to set our affection on things above and to mortify our members in the flesh.
Once again, not an automatic process, not a done deal, but sitting in heavenly places in Christ a spiritual reckoning and a done deal in certainty of GOD's promise for the believer.

Kott

BANNED
Banned
It's obvious that the believer's body, which contains the same old brain, has not been redeemed yet, but is awaiting the future resurrection. Meanwhile, Paul admonishes us to be transformed by the renewing of the mind. If this process was automatic, there would be no point in his admonishment.
Likewise, Paul says for us to set our affection on things above and to mortify our members in the flesh.
Once again, not an automatic process, not a done deal, but sitting in heavenly places in Christ a spiritual reckoning and a done deal in certainty of GOD's promise for the believer.

What is obvious is that by trying to come to his rescue you too
now have fallen into the web of errors.

1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body
is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you,
which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1 Corinthians 6:20
For ye are bought with a price:
therefore glorify God in your body,
and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians
Chapter 3
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God,
and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God,
him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy,
which temple ye are.