Jesus' followers' hope and goal: peaceful new earth.

john w

Hall of Fame
I was never impressed with him.

I still dug those cigars, though...

cigar.gif

KingdomRose

Some people claim that the church has replaced Israel, but Paul stated, "God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew."

The church has not replaced Israel, it is Israel.

Christ's church (ekklesia) began with the Passover observance in Egypt and it is the church of the firstborn.

In Egypt the firstborn were in jeopardy of death but God gave a sign to protect them.

The Israelites were instructed to place blood of the lamb on the lintel and two doorposts. The blood formed a cross foreshadowing the Lamb of God.

Have you read the verses I posted? I think they are better understood than what Paul said in Romans. What DID he say, anyway? That God has not cast away his people? Fine---He kept offering them a privileged position, but the nation as a whole REJECTED it! But SOME Israelites accepted the Messiah, and they would not be cast off. Isn't that what Paul meant?

Now read all the scriptures I posted, if you would be so kind. Then tell me what you think about replacement theology.

KingdomRose

What if it is God who proclaims us His children? Did the Christian congregation replace Israel? as His spokesman [YOU say, I don't]

Did it?

Then why do you reject God's spokesman? for you reject the Christian congregation supposing the Jw's who arose barely 150 years ago to be the only true congregation.

The Jews did NOT reject Jesus see, the Jewish leaders rejected Jesus and that is to who Christ said "the builders rejected etc" The ordinary folks received Him gladly, they flocked to Him.

After Pentecost they flocked back to the apostles, it was a MIGHTY assembly THIS is the Israel to who Paul teaches we are fellow citizens of their commonwealth and co-heirs and partakers of their promises.

The church has not replaced the natural branches we have been grafted in along with them to the olive....

....and those who were grafted out will be grafted back in. The earthly kingdom you talk so much about is THEIRS. So you evil speak the church and so forfeit the heavenly portion and you evil speak the Jews who are the earthly portion.

YES the Christian congregation replaced Israel as God's spokesman. Did you read my carefully thought-out post about this? It would be nice if you would. The Jews as a nation did reject the Messiah. You don't know much about history do you?

I certainly am not rejecting God's spokesman. The true Christian church was overwhelmed (though not dead) by false Christianity for almost 2,000 years, as I have explained. The Scriptures show us that it would be IN THE LAST DAYS that people would get a true witness and come to understand the truth about God. Jehovah inspired Charles T. Russell to start up a movement that would give to the world the unadulterated truth. It is not a negative thing that this happened only 150 years ago. It was to be expected, by those not blinded by the false Christians.

Your strange view of the Jews being "the earthly portion" of the kingdom is unfathomable. Why believe that Jews who accept Christ now will not be part of the ruling class with Christ? They certainly ARE a part of that rule that will be administered during the Millennial Reign. And why would Jews who reject Christ now be allowed to sail through Armageddon? Don't you believe that all people who aren't believers in Christ will be destroyed at Armageddon? The Jews are RIGHT NOW receiving a witness. What more could they learn during the Great Tribulation? Your belief about that doesn't make sense.

It's not only the Jews who will be on the earth after Armageddon. It will be all of the people who ever lived and who come back in the Resurrection during the Thousand Years. BILLIONS of people. There will be many Jews coming back, like John the Baptist, even Joseph the foster father of Jesus. There will be many Jews in heaven ruling with Jesus, including Peter, John, all the Apostles, Mary, and thousands more. But it doesn't matter any more who is a Jew and who isn't.

Don't you read anything other than Romans about the subject? Paul said:

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman...for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise." (Galatians 3:28,29, NASB)

You see---being a Jew does not mean anything any more. Or are you ignoring THAT because it doesn't agree with what your blind religion teachers are telling you?

KingdomRose

I carry the message to others, because when i do, i feel Him flow through me. I never evangelized to get that feeling, i evangelized and the feeling was there. The problem is, when the feeling isn't there any more and his nature isn't as obvious, will we still carry His message. The message of Grace through Faith! What He did is Grace, what we do is Faithing or pisteuo.

OK, Faither. Evangelize to me. What is your message? (Jesus said that the "Gospel" is about the Kingdom of God...Matt.24:14. Is that your focus?)

KingdomRose

When Christ returns to earth and sets up his Kingdom, He remains in the Heavenly Jerusalem where He now reigns from, because the Heavenly Jerusalem comes down with Him.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Rev 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
Rev 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
Rev 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

LA

You just can't think beyond a thin veneer of substance! The New Jerusalem isn't even an actual city!! It is made up of Jesus and his co-rulers, his Bride. The city, if an actual city, and if it came down to earth, would reach out into space over 300 miles! Nothing about that city is literal!

And the rule of God and his Son Christ Jesus will REMAIN in heaven, as God's rule always has been. It's exactly like when He told Israel that He would live with them in ancient times! Did He actually come down to the earth and live here?

"And I shall indeed reside in the middle of the sons of Israel, and I shall not leave my people Israel." (I Kings 6:13)

He says He will live right in the middle of the people of Israel. Did He? Literally? NO! What that means is that He will be paying attention to them, and guiding them from His place in heaven.

Revelation 21:2,3 is talking about that same kind of "coming down to reside with" mankind.

And didn't Jesus say he would be "with" his disciples until the end of the age? (Matthew 28:20) But is he literally here? Or is he really still in heaven where the Bible says he is? (Hebrews 1:3)

KingdomRose

You make her out to be some sort of "Martyr?" That's absurd. Here's what she believes:
1) The Apostle Paul is an anti-Christ.
2) Only Matthew through John is to be trusted by her.
3) She despises church goers.
4) She despises posters that believe in the Trinity.
5) She rejects the True Gospel for today.

If you agree with her beliefs, then you are just like her and lost.
Do you still believe she's a Martyr??

Sorry, Grosnick. You are the one who is rejecting the true Gospel.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Everyone,

Jews do not get favoritism from Jesus. He does not care if you are Jews or gentiles. What He cares is if you honor His word and practice what He teaches.

Here is what He says:

John 8:39-44New King James Version (NKJV)

39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”

Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I asked you for your message. If you went to people's houses like Jesus did, what would you say when the person answered the door?

Rom. 8:9, A foundational scripture that will tell me if the Word of God is yours to talk about. If we don't have the Spirit of Christ, Christ is none of ours. If Christ is none of ours, His word is none of ours also. Nothing personal. I won't talk to anyone about Christ in these forums unless i know they've met the requirement.

My message starts outside of Christ first, then if i'm lucky, you will prove to be one of the few in Him and we can talk about my message.

I need to know how you came to Christ? Not your entire story, just how you came to be in Christ.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Everyone,

Jews do not get favoritism from Jesus. He does not care if you are Jews or gentiles. What He care is if you honor His word and practice what He teaches.

Here is what He says:

John 8:39-44New King James Version (NKJV)

39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”

Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Hi Meshak, i'm sorry if i seem to be derailing your thread, i don't mean to. If it's a problem just say so, i don't mind.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Rom. 8:9, A foundational scripture that will tell me if the Word of God is yours to talk about. If we don't have the Spirit of Christ, Christ is none of ours. If Christ is none of ours, His word is none of ours also. Nothing personal. I won't talk to anyone about Christ in these forums unless i know they've met the requirement.

My message starts outside of Christ first, then if i'm lucky, you will prove to be one of the few in Him and we can talk about my message.

I need to know how you came to Christ? Not your entire story, just how you came to be in Christ.

Faither, evangelism is supposed to be to the world, non-believers.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I am talking abut this post:
Why would one hijack the promises that GOD made to Israel and apply them to themselves?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

faithers reply,
Whoever wrote that post to you is misinformed. The word Israel means,"God governed". It's a people, but a people that belong to the Lord. And, all the promises of God are ye in Him.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Meshak,
You've been in here along time so i assume your familiar with dispensationalists? That understanding is straight out of their theology.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak,
You've been in here along time so i assume your familiar with dispensationalists? That understanding is straight out of their theology.

All I know is that they don't seem to honor Jesus' word much.

Some of them claim Jesus' word is just for Jews.

It is just absurd to me.