Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

clefty

You've proved my point.
Spiritual does not mean non-material/physical.
It means non-corruptible and non-natural.

'Changed/allaso' means just that. It means that something which exists is altered. It doesn't mean that something that exists is disintegrated an another thing takes its' place.
There is a continuity between the seed and the plant.
There is a continuity between the corruptible body/flesh and the noncorruptible body/flesh.
The body which Christ inhabited on earth was not anhiliated/disintegrated. The body/flesh of Christ that died on the cross was 'changed/altered' and walked out of that grave alive again.
Believers are promised the same Phil 3:21.

Acts 13:34"In fact, God raised Him from the dead never to see decay. As He has said: ‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings I promised to David.’ 35So also, He says in another Psalm: ‘You will not let your Holy One see decay.’"

This for me put to rest the lying dead three days in the tomb argument and made a Sabbath resurrection even more sensible...

marhig

Nope, their Messiah came to His ownand His own received Him not...though some of them did.

He came and He's coming again....physically/bodily, as He said.
And, His people will be willing in the day of His power. Psa 110:3

He's already here in his people, raised in their hearts. We are the body that he comes back in.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
He's already here in his people, raised in their hearts. We are the body that he comes back in.

Well....that was the message of Godspel but it's not the complete message of the gospel, according to Scripture.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 13:34"In fact, God raised Him from the dead never to see decay. As He has said: ‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings I promised to David.’ 35So also, He says in another Psalm: ‘You will not let your Holy One see decay.’"

This for me put to rest the lying dead three days in the tomb argument and made a Sabbath resurrection even more sensible...

Hmm...okay. Suit yourself.

marhig

Well....that was the message of Godspel but it's not the complete message of the gospel, according to Scripture.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I do know that Jesus is risen from the dead. Because I was dead but now I'm alive in Christ, and I know that he is risen in me because he has changed my heart and by the power of the holy spirit I am overcoming the flesh and the world and he has changed me and my old life is gone and I am born anew in God and I have been risen from the dead, brought from death to life, from darkness into light, risen with Christ by the holy spirit of God.

I was dead but now I am alive, and everything that has happened to me is only because of Jesus Christ, and I am changed because he is risen in me and his spirit dwells in my heart.

Colossians 3

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Romans 8

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Ephesians 2

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus

Romans 6

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also.in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin

Last edited:

marhig

Marhig is wrong, there is nothing in scripture that supports the statement that Satan is in the image of God.
Satan in the image of God? What??? Where did I say that? Satan was cast down from heaven into hell, he doesn't dwell in heaven.

All those who belong to God are in his image. Satan doesn't belong to God and he isn't in heaven he's in hell.

I never go back that far to read posts usually, but I'm glad I did in this instance, because I wouldn't have seen your post. I don't know what in earth you're talking about?

Do you mind not making out that I made a statement like that when I never.

Lon

Hiya nonon, have you read the scriptures that LA quoted. Two very long posts? They absolutely prove that Jesus isn't God.

:nono: No. They don't. If you are a simpleton, maybe. Are you simplistic in your thoughts? If so, there is perhaps forgiveness for being scripturally ignorant. I have been learning grace for Arians and Unitarians, but I still think many are arrogant and stubborn and don't have the language skills or grades to understand intricacies of revelation. God is the God of the simpleton, but don't let it be an excuse. Either study to show yourself a workman approved, or listen to your forefathers who worked hard and well.

I've no idea which posts you were thinking of since you were lazy, but these will do to prove the point:

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

God is Spirit.

Jesus is a man.

LA
"...and..." is a connective conjunction. LA would not be able to explain to you what it connects or doesn't or why. He doesn't understand language and is wrong here. He made a simpleton mistake.
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

You do not really know the man do you.

LA
LA just told the previous post that God is Spirit, yet equates God as standing on Jesus' right, here. :nono:

"IF" you are happy with your own made-up theology, you will need not study further and can be happy with error, mah..

marhig

:nono: No. They don't. If you are a simpleton, maybe. Are you simplistic in your thoughts? If so, there is perhaps forgiveness for being scripturally ignorant. I have been learning grace for Arians and Unitarians, but I still think many are arrogant and stubborn and don't have the language skills or grades to understand intricacies of revelation. God is the God of the simpleton, but don't let it be an excuse. Either study to show yourself a workman approved, or listen to your forefathers who worked hard and well.

I've no idea which posts you were thinking of since you were lazy, but these will do to prove the point:

"...and..." is a connective conjunction. LA would not be able to explain to you what it connects or doesn't or why. He doesn't understand language and is wrong here. He made a simpleton mistake.

LA just told the previous post that God is Spirit, yet equates God as standing on Jesus' right, here. :nono:

"IF" you are happy with your own made-up theology, you will need not study further and can be happy with error, mah..
I was going to post them but they are too long, and I don't know how to just put a link for another post here.

But the Bible clearly shows that God is the God and father of Jesus, if you choose to ignore all those scriptures then that's up to you. Would you like me to post everything that LA quoted even though they are very long? I don't mind finding those posts if you want me to?

marhig

Is it possible to be the alpha and omega and not be god?
Have you seen what it says in the very beginning of revelation? In revelation 1:1 it says that God gave revelation to Jesus Christ who sent and signified it by his angel to John

So God is speaking through Christ and he received revelation from God, I don't see how people can't see that? God is in Christ but Christ isn't God.

Like I said to Lon, what about all the scriptures that say that God is the God and father of Jesus Christ? Do you just ignore them?

Jesus even said this himself. So why shouldn't I believe him?

iamaberean

We can know that this is speaking of the Lord Jesus because common sense dictates that there can be only One who can be described as the "Alpha and Omega" and the "beginning and the ending," and that One is Jehovah, the Almighty God. And here we can see the Lord Jesus describing Himself that way:

There can be no doubt that since there can only be ONE "Alpha and Omega" then the Lord Jesus is the Almighty God, Jehovah.
Jesus is God and man. As man he is the Alpha (Adam) and Omega (Jesus), for Jehovah has no beginning or ending.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

marhig

Is it possible to be the alpha and omega and not be god?
Nonon, I was reading Ephesians 1 the other day, and I read this.

Ephesians 1:17

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him

What do I do? Just ignore verses like these?

And this, which is Jesus himself

John 20

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

And this

John 17

And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom THOU hast sent.

And there are a few verses that say this, but this is 1 Peter 1

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

What do I do? Ignore them all to believe in a trinitarian doctrine that isn't in the Bible?

Show me where it says I must believe in a three in one God? Or that I must believe in the trinity to be saved? I've never read anything that's says these things in the Bible, just that I am to believe in the only true God and that he is the father.

Why shouldn't I believe what Jesus and his apostles say?

Jerry Shugart

Ephesians 1:17

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him

What do I do? Just ignore verses like these?

That verse can be explained and I will do it later in this post. But first I would like to ask you a question. Why do you ignore a verse like this one?:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace"
(Isa.9:6).​

And why do you ignore the following words of Thomas which were spoken to the Lord Jesus here?:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God"​
(Jn.20:28).​

Now let us look at this verse which you quoted:

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him"
(Eph.1:17).​

When we look at the following passage we can find an answer to that verse:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-7).​

Here we see that the Lord Jesus was made in the likeness of men. In fact, He was made like us in every way (Heb.2:17). And every "man" has a God:

"The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all"
(Ps.103:19).​

The LORD is in total control over the universe which He created, so therefore He rules over it all and that includes all "men." And since the Lord Jesus was made like a man in all things that means that in His role as "Man" He has a God.

When we consider Philippians 2:5-7 again we can see that before the Lord Jesus took on the form of man that He was in the form of God.

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So since the Lord Jesus was in the form of God then the verse is speaking about how He appeared to the inhabitants of heaven.

And He couldn't appear that way to those inhabitants unless He is God. So it should surprise no one when we read this about the Lord Jesus:

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us" (Mt.1:23).​

Now that I have answered you concerning Ephesians 1:17 show us that you do not ignore the two verses which I quoted (Isa.9:6 and John 20:28) and tell us why we should not believe that those verses prove that Jesus is God.

Thanks!

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Satan in the image of God? What??? Where did I say that? Satan was cast down from heaven into hell, he doesn't dwell in heaven.

All those who belong to God are in his image. Satan doesn't belong to God and he isn't in heaven he's in hell.

I never go back that far to read posts usually, but I'm glad I did in this instance, because I wouldn't have seen your post. I don't know what in earth you're talking about?

Do you mind not making out that I made a statement like that when I never.

In post 266 someone said, "Why do you think that God saying, let's make man in our image, makes Jesus God? Everyone in heaven is in the image of God!"

I thought that was you. Heaven and hell are states of being, not physical locations. For example, we don't have to go to heaven we are already seated there in Christ.

Regardless of where Satan is he is a heavenly being, i.e. a spirit being. When Satan took Jesus to a high mountain to offer him his (Satan's) kingdoms he was a spirit being, not a human being.

Jesus died for everyone in heaven or on earth (Colossians 1:19-20). So far Satan has not accepted Christ's reconciliation with the Father, he is an estranged son. Can you imagine a father still loving an estranged son?

Rivers

That is not possible. Let us look at this passage again:

Here we see that "Christ Jesus" was made in the likeness of men. And therefore the words "Christ Jesus" refers to no one else but the Lord Jesus. And since the words "Christ Jesus" refer to no one other than the Lord Jesus then it is the Lord Jesus who was in the form of God.

And no one can be in the form of God unless he is God. Therefore, the Lord Jesus is God.

This doesn't make sense.

First, the verb translated "existing in the form of God" is a Present Participle which can be taken to refer to the condition of Jesus at the time Paul was writing the letter to the Philippians (i.e. after Jesus was exalted, Philippians 2:9-11).

Second, the references to "the form of God" and "equality with God" indicate that Paul understood that Jesus was not God. There would be no reason to compare Jesus to God unless they are distinct beings. We don't speak of having "the form of Me" or being "equal with Myself."

Rivers

It was an analogy.

God is a being that has revealed Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. There is ONE God and THEY are the ONE God.

My point was that your "analogy" doesn't work because a husband and wife are not "one human". Likewise, the apostles always used the titles "Father" and "son" to distinguish between God and Jesus so that people understood that they were separate beings.

Paul also explained in 1 Corinthians 2:11 that the "spirit of God" is part of God himself in the same way that "the spirit of a man" is part of the same "man." Thus, "the spirit" is not a separate person. It is part of the same person.

marhig

In post 266 someone said, "Why do you think that God saying, let's make man in our image, makes Jesus God? Everyone in heaven is in the image of God!"

I thought that was you. Heaven and hell are states of being, not physical locations. For example, we don't have to go to heaven we are already seated there in Christ.

Regardless of where Satan is he is a heavenly being, i.e. a spirit being. When Satan took Jesus to a high mountain to offer him his (Satan's) kingdoms he was a spirit being, not a human being.

Jesus died for everyone in heaven or on earth (Colossians 1:19-20). So far Satan has not accepted Christ's reconciliation with the Father, he is an estranged son. Can you imagine a father still loving an estranged son?

I absolutely agree, heaven is a state not a place. And everyone in that state is in the image of the father, Jesus didn't sin and he denied Satan completely to do the will of God, and show us the way, so Jesus being full of the holy spirit was in the express image of God. He was God with us because he was in the fullness of God bodily. But Jesus isn't God. He was full of his strength and power because he didn't live for his flesh and denied his will to do the will of God.

Satan isn't in the image of God, he is in hell, in outer darkness, separated from Gods light. He has no understanding and he's full of wickedness.

Jesus was in the flesh when Satan took him to the pinnacle of the temple but he was tempted by the spirit of Satan. I understand that he wasn't actually sitting on a temple. He was offered power of the world and flesh and he refused it all. This world had nothing in him

I'm glad you see heaven and hell as a state, many don't see that.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
My point was that your "analogy" doesn't work because a husband and wife are not "one human". Likewise, the apostles always used the titles "Father" and "son" to distinguish between God and Jesus so that people understood that they were separate beings.

Paul also explained in 1 Corinthians 2:11 that the "spirit of God" is part of God himself in the same way that "the spirit of a man" is part of the same "man." Thus, "the spirit" is not a separate person. It is part of the same person.
How does 1 Cor 2:11 do that? It does NOT say that the Spirit of God is "part of God".

1Cor 2:10-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:10) But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. (2:11) For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. (2:12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all the same God. The all share the same name: Matt. 28:19

marhig

That versecan be explained and I will do it later in this post. But first I would like to ask you a question. Why do you ignore a verse like this one?:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace"
(Isa.9:6).​

The reason I don't see this verse meaning that Jesus is God, is because i don't believe that Jesus is the father. I believe that this verse means that Jesus had the father in him by the holy spirit. The father and Jesus are clearly separate. You have said before that God said let's make man in our image, clearly there is more than one there. I believe that God is talking to the Christ but that doesn't mean that Jesus is God, it means that Jesus is in Gods image which i believe.

And why do you ignore the following words of Thomas which were spoken to the Lord Jesus here?:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God"​
(Jn.20:28).​

Thomas knew that this was a miracle performed by God, and God raised Jesus from the dead as it says in the Bible. He was worshipping God in Christ

Now let us look at this verse which you quoted:

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him"
(Eph.1:17).​

When we look at the following passage we can find an answer to that verse:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-7).​

Equal with God and being God are two different things, he was equal with God by being in the fullness of him bodily having full power of the holy spirit. But I have never read anywhere in the gospels where Jesus actually says he's equal to God, he's always under subjection to him. Even after he had naturally died.

Here we see that the Lord Jesus was made in the likeness of men. In fact, He was made like us in every way (Heb.2:17). And every "man" has a God:

"The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all"
(Ps.103:19).​

The LORD is in total control over the universe which He created, so therefore He rules over it all and that includes all "men." And since the Lord Jesus was made like a man in all things that means that in His role as "Man" He has a God.

When we consider Philippians 2:5-7 again we can see that before the Lord Jesus took on the form of man that He was in the form of God.

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So since the Lord Jesus was in the form of God then the verse is speaking about how He appeared to the inhabitants of heaven.

And He couldn't appear that way to those inhabitants unless He is God. So it should surprise no one when we read this about the Lord Jesus:

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us" (Mt.1:23).​

God has always been and will always be the God and father of Jesus, what about revelation 3:12? This is after Jesus naturally died and he is with God.

Revelation 3:7

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Now that I have answered you concerning Ephesians 1:17 show us that you do not ignore the two verses which I quoted (Isa.9:6 and John 20:28) and tell us why we should not believe that those verses prove that Jesus is God.

Thanks!

I've answered them, now answer me. What about all of the verses that clearly that God is the God and father of Jesus, whilst he was in flesh and after he had departed from this earth. Do you just ignore them?

Thanks