Jesus Changed Many OT Laws

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You are lying. That is a doctrine or teaching from the pit of hell.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said\
lol That came straight from your demon.

[2Co 12:7-9
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said\
lol That came straight from your demon.

[2Co 12:7-9
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No.

Your doctrine is not true, perfect, or correct.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No.

Your doctrine is not true, perfect, or correct.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
lol There is another one of your demons. Denial. If you cant prove what you say with scripture then your no is straight from another spirit the spirit of denial.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol There is another one of your demons. Denial. If you cant prove what you say with scripture then your no is straight from another spirit the spirit of denial.

Incorrect. Did I know I was a sinner before I first read this verse, these verses, this scripture?

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Incorrect. Did I know I was a sinner before I first read this verse, these verses, this scripture?

Shalom.

Jacob

A born again Christian has support from the Holy Spirit. You don't.
[Jhn 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

[2Co 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing [is] God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A born again Christian has support from the Holy Spirit. You don't.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing [is] God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Shalom.

The Spirit of God dwells in me. But that was not required to become a Christian. I was born again by the Spirit of God. Now I am a Jew. No one needs to be born again again.

Does a person have the Spirit of God dwelling in them by faith before or after they become a Christian?

You do not need to be a Christian to have the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, dwelling in you.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

The Spirit of God dwells in me. But that was not required to become a Christian. I was born again by the Spirit of God. Now I am a Jew. No one needs to be born again again.

Does a person have the Spirit of God dwelling in them by faith before or after they become a Christian?

You do not need to be a Christian to have the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, dwelling in you.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
ROFLOL Your an idiot.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
ROFLOL Your an idiot.

No. I stand by the truth.

Nicodemus either became born again or he did not, but Jesus taught him what it meant to be born again, surprised or expressing surprise that he did not know or remember. He was a Jew, as was Jesus, and as I am now (as I now am, myself).

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No. I stand by the truth.

Nicodemus either became born again or he did not, but Jesus taught him what it meant to be born again, surprised or expressing surprise that he did not know or remember. He was a Jew, as was Jesus, and as I am now (as I now am, myself).

I said
You don't even know what born again means. A born again Christian lives by the new testament verses. They rely on the new testament verses. The Holy Spirit only quotes new testament verses. The reason I do anything is because the Holy Spirit gave me a verse to do it. You have rejected all the new testament verses I have ever shown you.

[1Pe 1:23
23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
You don't even know what born again means. A born again Christian lives by the new testament verses. They rely on the new testament verses. The Holy Spirit only quotes new testament verses. The reason I do anything is because the Holy Spirit gave me a verse to do it. You have rejected all the new testament verses I have ever shown you.

[1Pe 1:23
23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Incorrect.

You may be able to say this in a post for a reason, but it is not reality.

clefty

I said
Its also about the Sabbath. Surely you don't think that a person with fast every day of the week. Every week.
LOL you are really distracted...of course a person doesn’t fast EVERY DAY EVERY WEEK...is exactly why they are to choose any day and it’s ok...but that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SABBATH...you are adding to the scripture and rejecting His example and teaching and Paul’s...

4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems [one] day above another; another esteems every day [alike]. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

When it comes to matters concerning the body of Christ we are to judge each other...Paul is clear...

And you think we get to do whatever we want? What type of servant are you? Teaching the least of these changed...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
LOL you are really distracted...of course a person doesn’t fast EVERY DAY EVERY WEEK...is exactly why they are to choose any day and it’s ok...but that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SABBATH...you are adding to the scripture and rejecting His example and teaching and Paul’s...

When it comes to matters concerning the body of Christ we are to judge each other...Paul is clear...

And you think we get to do whatever we want? What type of servant are you? Teaching the least of these changed...

I said
I received it in the revelation on Sabbath.

Sabbath

Rom 14:1-10

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.
2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Matt 12:1-8
1 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat.
2 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, "Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!"
3 But He said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him:
4 "how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests?
5 "Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?
6 "Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple.
7 "But if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless.
8 "For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."
Matt 12:10-14
10 And behold, there was a man who had a withered hand. And they asked Him, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"-- that they might accuse Him.
11 Then He said to them, "What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out?
12 "Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."
13 Then He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he stretched it out, and it was restored as whole as the other.
14 Then the Pharisees went out and plotted against Him, how they might destroy Him.
John 5:6-22
6 When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, "Do you want to be made well?"
7 The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me."
8 Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk."
9 And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked. And that day was the Sabbath.
10 The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, "It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed."
11 He answered them, "He who made me well said to me, 'Take up your bed and walk.'"
12 Then they asked him, "Who is the Man who said to you, 'Take up your bed and walk'?"
13 But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place.
14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."
15 The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.
16 For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath.
17 But Jesus answered them, "My Father has been working until now, and I have been working."
18 Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.
19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.
20 "For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel.
21 "For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.
22 "For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
Mark 2:27-28
27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
28 "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

xxx In the old testament keeping the Sabbath was part of the law. But keeping the Sabbath day holy is not in the new testament. We have a choice. To keep it or not.

clefty

xxx In the old testament keeping the Sabbath was part of the law. But keeping the Sabbath day holy is not in the new testament. We have a choice. To keep it or not.

ALL the Laws have that option...surprised you weren’t revealed that...

Except if you opt out of any of them you aren’t really representing Him His way...you know by keeping them...as He did...as it is His Father’s will...and to abide in His Love

And it is in the New Testament...He is Lord of the Sabbath...and demonstrated it repeatedly that we keep it and instructed we pray we keep in in the future times of troubles too...

Now think: why would the Lord of London wish to destroy London?

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
ALL the Laws have that option...surprised you weren’t revealed that...

Except if you opt out of any of them you aren’t really representing Him His way...you know by keeping them...as He did...as it is His Father’s will...and to abide in His Love

And it is in the New Testament...He is Lord of the Sabbath...and demonstrated it repeatedly that we keep it and instructed we pray we keep in in the future times of troubles too...

Now think: why would the Lord of London wish to destroy London?

I said
Jesus changed the law.
[Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

clefty

I said
Jesus changed the law.
[Heb 7:12

Obviously you didnt read this:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?128126-Hebrews-7-12-the-law-was-transferred-not-changed

No surprise actually but thanks for allowing me to repost it.

The greek word poorly translated there for change is better understood as transferred as in the Law changed/transferred location changed/transferred authority...

As Jacob’s bones were transferred from place to another...they themselves did not change into something NOT bones...

So please dont think to use this text again...

You reveal yourself as a thief wishing to steal His Day of worship for His people away...and a false witness as you lie...and idolator as you think you can worship any way you choose as long as you are convinced...

Perhaps you opted out of more than just one of the OT laws...no surprise there either...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Obviously you didnt read this:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?128126-Hebrews-7-12-the-law-was-transferred-not-changed

No surprise actually but thanks for allowing me to repost it.

The greek word poorly translated there for change is better understood as transferred as in the Law changed/transferred location changed/transferred authority...

As Jacob’s bones were transferred from place to another...they themselves did not change into something NOT bones...

So please dont think to use this text again...

You reveal yourself as a thief wishing to steal His Day of worship for His people away...and a false witness as you lie...and idolator as you think you can worship any way you choose as long as you are convinced...

Perhaps you opted out of more than just one of the OT laws...no surprise there either...

I said
lolol Your really struggling to find fault with that verse. And it seems you truly do believe in your own opinion.

But how do you transfer an eye for an eye into turn the other cheek. You cant. You must change the law. Like Jesus did.

[Mat 5:38-39
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' 39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

clefty

I said
lolol Your really struggling to find fault with that verse. And it seems you truly do believe in your own opinion.
my opinion? Wow didnt realize I had such profound impact on greek and its translations...

But how do you transfer an eye for an eye into turn the other cheek. You cant. You must change the law. Like Jesus did.

[Mat 5:38-39
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' 39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

Just as with dont kill...dont have hatred in your heart or dont commit adultery is dont look with lust...well here we have another example of His teaching NOT a abrogation of the law but a means by which the Law can be kept...

Turning the other cheek is learning that eye for an eye is already too much...

Not having anger in your heart is how we keep from killing...duh

And ditto to keep from adultery...stop look around with lust...

So no law abolished or changed but the introduction through the Spirit of truth in teaching and action as to how the Law can be kept...

And IN HIM...all things are indeed possible even keeping the law like DONT LIE...you should try to

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
my opinion? Wow didnt realize I had such profound impact on greek and its translations...

Just as with dont kill...dont have hatred in your heart or dont commit adultery is dont look with lust...well here we have another example of His teaching NOT a abrogation of the law but a means by which the Law can be kept...

Turning the other cheek is learning that eye for an eye is already too much...

Not having anger in your heart is how we keep from killing...duh

And ditto to keep from adultery...stop look around with lust...

So no law abolished or changed but the introduction through the Spirit of truth in teaching and action as to how the Law can be kept...

And IN HIM...all things are indeed possible even keeping the law like DONT LIE...you should try to

I said
lol Your really struggling trying to justify the old testament why? What have you got against Jesus. Jesus made it real simple for us true Christians. You should try Jesus.

[Jhn 10:1, 8-9
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

clefty

I said
lol Your really struggling trying to justify the old testament why? What have you got against Jesus. Jesus made it real simple for us true Christians. You should try Jesus.

[Jhn 10:1, 8-9
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

You are not His sheep wishing to enter by Him into His pastures...maybe more a goat or wolf in sheep’s clothing teaching the least of these jots and tittles are past

But He knows His own...they follow Him His Way...bare fruits more like Him less like the world...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You are not His sheep wishing to enter by Him into His pastures...maybe more a goat or wolf in sheep’s clothing teaching the least of these jots and tittles are past

But He knows His own...they follow Him His Way...bare fruits more like Him less like the world...

I said
lol That doesn't make any sense.