Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zimfan said:
It kind of makes you wonder what kind of "church work" required that kind of dress. When the high school girls in my neighborhood dress like that for some kind of fundraising, it usually involves convincing young men paying $10+ for a poorly done car wash.

You have no idea what kind of sore spot this is with me. :mad:

We've been griping about it all summer as we do every summmer. Girls on the side of the road holding up signs for their car wash in a bikini top and some "shorts". How can these sponsors, coaches and parents sleep at night after being pimps for these kids? It especially blows my mind how fathers would allow their daughters to sell their bodies like this. Girls are being turned into prostitutes in order to raise a few bucks for some organization. :nono:

The Berean

Even her daddy, the former Baptist minister, has had to jump to her defense when her video, "These Boots Were Made for Walkin'" raised the ire of a religious group who thought a preacher's kid should wear more clothing. Papa Joe wouldn't sit still for that and said, "When we were in church work, they (my daughters) wore bikinis and short shorts. People in the church got mad at me then, but we believe that what's in the heart is more important than what's on the outside."

I guess that's why he is a FORMER Baptist minister. :think:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
What is on the inside of Jessica isn't making daddy rich. Daddy is a pimp. It's plain to see.

Jeff

GuySmiley

Poly said:
You have no idea what kind of sore spot this is with me. :mad:
We've been griping about it all summer as we do every summmer. Girls on the side of the road holding up signs for their car wash in a bikini top and some "shorts". How can these sponsors, coaches and parents sleep at night after being pimps for these kids? It especially blows my mind how fathers would allow their daughters to sell their bodies like this. Girls are being turned into prostitutes in order to raise a few bucks for some organization. :nono:
I agree with you Poly. But just to make a conversation more interesting . . .

The muslem men make women wear burkha's because they cant control themselves apparently. The sight of a woman's wrist drives them wild (yes I'm exagerating). So modesty I think can be taken overboard. I am capable of controling myself when I see women's ankles and wrists, and even shoulders. So where do we draw the line? I think the bikini top and short shorts are over the top but, a T-shirt and shorts (depending on the shorts) I think are ok, even in church. At least I can control my actions even when I see a womans knees.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Vaquero45 said:
What is on the inside of Jessica isn't making daddy rich. Daddy is a pimp. It's plain to see.
:up:

GuySmiley said:
I agree with you Poly. But just to make a conversation more interesting . . .

The muslem men make women wear burkha's because they cant control themselves apparently. The sight of a woman's wrist drives them wild (yes I'm exagerating). So modesty I think can be taken overboard. I am capable of controling myself when I see women's ankles and wrists, and even shoulders. So where do we draw the line? I think the bikini top and short shorts are over the top but, a T-shirt and shorts (depending on the shorts) I think are ok, even in church. At least I can control my actions even when I see a womans knees.

Yes, it all has to do with modesty. Notice I specified that the thing that bothered me were the girls with the "barely there" clothes. If a girl is dressed appropriately (ufortunately what some feel appropriate is pretty sad), that's a different story.

Then we get off into a whole other subject of people sending their kids out to be beggars. :D

allsmiles

if girls don't have a problem with being scantily clad and doing a half baked job of washing my car then I can't say there's anything wrong with it. they obviously aren't uncomfortable, you guys obviously are. sorry you don't feel comfortable with female bodies.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
if girls don't have a problem with being scantily clad and doing a half baked job of washing my car then I can't say there's anything wrong with it. they obviously aren't uncomfortable, you guys obviously are. sorry you don't feel comfortable with female bodies.

So prostitution is ok as long as the prostitute doesn't have a problem with it. :doh:

allsmiles

Poly said:
So prostitution is ok as long as the prostitute doesn't have a problem with it. :doh:

is that what i said? your definition of prostitution is exceptionally broad Poly, I'm talking about scantily clad females washing my car, I'm not talking about picking up hookers.

thanks for asking though, i was happy to clarify.

Jessica Simpson has got a fantastic body and she would be a fool to not show it off.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
is that what i said? your definition of prostitution is exceptionally broad Poly, I'm talking about scantily clad females washing my car, I'm not talking about picking up hookers.

thanks for asking though, i was happy to clarify.

Jessica Simpson has got a fantastic body and she would be a fool to not show it off.

Would you let your own daughter go out in a bikini to be checked out and lusted upon by guys coming up to her so she could wash their cars or advertise to have them washed? I'm guessing you would even encourage her by telling her that she'd be a fool not to show off her fantastic body for all those men.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:

What makes me uncomfortable is that dad is defending and approving of his daughter being degraded to a piece of meat, while claiming to be Christian, and an ex-minister no less. Slutty girls are a dime a dozen, let the Pamela Andersons of the world handle supply this trash. I expect more from a "Christian" father. I'm more disgusted with him than I am the girl.

Jeff

Granite

Hall of Fame
Vaquero45 said:
What makes me uncomfortable is that dad is defending and approving of his daughter being degraded to a piece of meat, while claiming to be Christian, and an ex-minister no less. Slutty girls are a dime a dozen, let the Pamela Andersons of the world handle supply this trash. I expect more from a "Christian" father. I'm more disgusted with him than I am the girl.

Jeff

How about letting parents be parents? It's his call, his perogative, and we're not Jessica's mother or father for crying out loud.

allsmiles

Poly said:
Would you let your own daughter go out in a bikini to be checked out and lusted upon by guys coming up to her so she could wash their cars or advertise to have them washed? I'm guessing you would even encourage her by telling her that she'd be a fool not to show off her fantastic body for all those men.

I don't have a daughter, until i do the best you and i can do is guess.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One thing threads like this end up doing is make it clear around here who the men are and who the sickos are.

allsmiles

Vaquero45 said:

Jeff

It was her choice to market herself that way, and if you were to ask her she would probably adamantly disagree about her being degraded. she's being empowered. she has men fantasizing about her, she makes millions of dollars, her celebrity status is solid, she's made a success of herself and is flaunting it which is what anyone here would do if they were in either her shoes or a similar pair.

As for her father, he's probably her biggest fan and kudos to him for that. you're supposed to stick up for your children, not abandon them in exchange for intangible ideals.