Jessica Simpson's Outrageous Comment

Rimi

allsmiles said:
It was her choice to market herself that way, and if you were to ask her she would probably adamantly disagree about her being degraded. she's being empowered. she has men fantasizing about her, she makes millions of dollars, her celebrity status is solid, she's made a success of herself and is flaunting it which is what anyone here would do if they were in either her shoes or a similar pair.

As for her father, he's probably her biggest fan and kudos to him for that. you're supposed to stick up for your children, not abandon them in exchange for intangible ideals.

Do you feel this way about Heidi Fleiss and her father?

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Granite said:
How about letting parents be parents? It's his call, his perogative, and we're not Jessica's mother or father for crying out loud.

Encouraging his daughter to be a ho is wrong, for crying out loud. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
I understand women who claim Jessica and Company are being degraded; I simply disagree, that's all. Jessica is filthy rich, I ain't, and more power to her.

P.S. I do not believe the woman's got much talent, in the interest of full disclosure, but since when did that matter in this country?:rolleyes:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Vaquero45 said:
Encouraging his daughter to be a ho is wrong, for crying out loud. :)

Not according to him. And considering he's the lady's father I'd say his opinion counts more than ours.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
It was her choice to market herself that way, and if you were to ask her she would probably adamantly disagree about her being degraded. she's being empowered. she has men fantasizing about her, she makes millions of dollars, her celebrity status is solid, she's made a success of herself and is flaunting it which is what anyone here would do if they were in either her shoes or a similar pair.

As for her father, he's probably her biggest fan and kudos to him for that. you're supposed to stick up for your children, not abandon them in exchange for intangible ideals.

That's sick.

Granite

Hall of Fame
What about this SPECIFICALLY is so terrible? I'm being serious here. The woman has made a ton of money because she's attractive. We might disagree or disapprove but why in the world are some of you so up in arms?

What about sexuality is so frightful? I mean, it just strikes me as a mountain of a molehill. We're talking about JESSICA SIMPSON here, for crying out loud!

allsmiles

Vaquero45 said:
That's sick.

Well, it's a free country so maybe you think that's sick too? and she's also stinkin' rich, maybe you think that's sick too? she's also absolutely gorgeous, is that sick too?

Rimi,

Do you feel this way about Heidi Fleiss and her father?

I don't know who they are.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:

She basically sells sex therefore she is a prostitute.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
I don't have a daughter, until i do the best you and i can do is guess.

I pray you never do have a daughter or any children if this is your attitude. Children are to have parents who look out for them, protect them and want to be good to them. Not a parent who says, "Well, we'll just have to wait and see if I'd let my daughter dress like a slut, encouraging her to show off her body so that she can be enjoyed by men."

You are one sick and twisted pervert.

Pepper

#1. She's not selling sex to anyone, she isn't even close to a prostitute.

#2. What's so bad about her being proud of her body? If I looked that good, I'd wanna show it off too.

She's a married woman who was always all about the good values, promoting waiting until marriage for sex, etc. There haven't been any really huge Jessica Simpson scandals. People are just looking for a scandal here, that's all. She's a beautiful young woman who has confidence in herself and her body, so she's showing a little skin, what is everyone so afraid of?

Hasan_ibn_Sabah

Well, look at it this way people...Jessica is not the brightest bulb in the house...there is not much else the poor child could do for work but look hot.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Granite said:
What about this SPECIFICALLY is so terrible? I'm being serious here. The woman has made a ton of money because she's attractive. We might disagree or disapprove but why in the world are some of you so up in arms?

What about sexuality is so frightful? I mean, it just strikes me as a mountain of a molehill. We're talking about JESSICA SIMPSON here, for crying out loud!

I don't have any idea how to explain to someone who doesn't get it, that a father should not want his daughter to be a ho, and especially a Christian father should not be defending and approving of it. I have two daughters, I love them and I love God, maybe that is the difference. I think Mr. Simpson has let the bright lights and money corrupt his judgement. If he has any real Christian friends they should be telling him this.

Jeff

Granite

Hall of Fame
It's odd (or maybe not) that an actress or celeb that makes a habit out of dressing provocatively, yet never does, say, nude scenes in film stirs up such a fuss while actresses who perform in downright grotesque sex scenes in movies don't make us bat an eyelid.

Take, for example, the lovely Jennifer Connelly, who was degraded in "Requiem for a Dream"; Diane Keaton, who hopped from partner to partner in "Looking for Mr. Goodbar"; or Madeline Stowe, who was tortured horrifically in "Closetland." I don't wish these movies on anyone (especially "Goodbar's" disco soundtrack: ugh). But each of these leading ladies, who endure graphic abuse in the course of these films, does far worse than Jessica Simpson ever has.

I guess it's only "bad" if you make a habit out of it...

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pepper said:
#1. She's not selling sex to anyone, she isn't even close to a prostitute.

#2. What's so bad about her being proud of her body? If I looked that good, I'd wanna show it off too.

She's a married woman who was always all about the good values, promoting waiting until marriage for sex, etc. There haven't been any really huge Jessica Simpson scandals. People are just looking for a scandal here, that's all. She's a beautiful young woman who has confidence in herself and her body, so she's showing a little skin, what is everyone so afraid of?

Oh silly little things like how it encourages girls to dress like whores and men to seduce or even rape women. It might mess up families by encouraging married men to commit adultry. But no biggie.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Vaquero45 said:
I don't have any idea how to explain to someone who doesn't get it, that a father should not want his daughter to be a ho, and especially a Christian father should not be defending and approving of it. I have two daughters, I love them and I love God, maybe that is the difference. I think Mr. Simpson has let the bright lights and money corrupt his judgement. If he has any real Christian friends they should be telling him this.

Jeff

The difference being, my man, that you think Jessica is a "ho" and I don't think she is at all.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Poly said:
Oh silly little things like how it encourages girls to dress like whores and men to seduce or even rape women. It might mess up families by encouraging married men to commit adultry. But no biggie.

Once again, I think this kind of attitude is just slightly overboard...

Pepper

Vaquero45 said:

Jeff

She's not being a "ho", it's not like she's off sleeping with an entire football team, she's just showing a little skin....we all have it, her's just looks better than most of ours. A woman should be able to dress however she wants to dress, if she wants to go out with duct tape covering the important parts, she can and it's nobody's business but her own. And Jessica Simpson is 25 years old, married, and a long time out of her father's house. Her father can't make her not dress a certain way and he loves her, she is his daughter, if people are getting angry with her for something as trivial as what shirt she is wearing, yes, he should defend her. It would be one thing if she was 13 years old and out there wearing that, then yeah, he should probably do something about it. But to call a man un-christian because he's defending his 25 year old daughter when people are throwing rotten tomatoes at her? It's just any excuse with you people isn't it?

Pepper

Poly said:

Oh yes, the evil that is brought on by jessica simpson's breasts.