It's NOT the Attainment it's the Atonement

Robert Pate

Banned
That's salvation by works, by what a person does! That's a denial that salvation is the Gift of God through Jesus Christ Rom 6:23!

Paul an apostle of Jesus Christ, says... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Are you trying to refute Paul?

Robert Pate

Banned
Then why don't you ? You teach salvation by works, by what a person does!

This is what I teach, but you are not able to understand.

"Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

You think that Paul and the Bible contradicts its self. This is why you don't believe it.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

"Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

You think that Paul and the Bible contradicts its self. This is why you don't believe it.

He just does not believe the bible.

beloved57

To teach salvation by works as you do is to teach a damnable heresy!

Nanja

Before a person can call upon the Lord for Salvation he must first be made
Spiritually Alive / Born Again / Quickened by the Holy Spirit Rom. 8:8!

Ps. 80:17-18
17 Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself.
18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

So those Christ died for call upon Him as a reaction to their being made Spiritually Alive, realizing what He has done for them!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Before a person can call upon the Lord for Salvation he must first be made
Spiritually Alive / Born Again / Quickened by the Holy Spirit Rom. 8:8!

Ps. 80:17-18
17 Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself.
18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

So those Christ died for call upon Him as a reaction to their being made Spiritually Alive, realizing what He has done for them!

~~~~~

What about the 8,000 Jews that heard the Gospel on the day of Pentecost and were saved, some of which had participated in the crucifixon of Christ?

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17

You are not going to get faith any other way than by hearing and believing the Gospel.

Nanja

What about the 8,000 Jews that heard the Gospel on the day of Pentecost and were saved, some of which had participated in the crucifixon of Christ?

You are not going to get faith any other way than by hearing and believing the Gospel.

But remember, Hearing and Believing the Gospel is contingent on being Of God John 8:47.

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But remember, Hearing and Believing the Gospel is contingent on being Of God John 8:47.

~~~~~

No it is not. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. The verse says nothing about being of God!

Romans 10:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?

Nanja

No it is not. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. The verse says nothing about being of God!

Romans 10:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?

But John 8:47 does:

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

You need to learn God's hermeneutic for scripture interpretation:

1 Cor 2:12-13
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But John 8:47 does:

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

You need to learn God's hermeneutic for scripture interpretation:

1 Cor 2:12-13
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

~~~~~
Guess what? According to your interpretation of the Gospel many who could be saved won't be. Only he that is of God heareth God's Word's can be saved, HOGWASH.

Acts 16:25-34New King James Version (NKJV)

25 But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed. 27 And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself. 28 But Paul called with a loud voice, saying, “Do yourself no harm, for we are all here.”

29 Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. 33 And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. 34 Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household.

beloved57

Those who hear the Gospel are Saved, Born of God. If a person is not Born of God, they cant please God with Faith. Those in the flesh cannot please God Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

You have been showed this at least 20 to 30 times before by me alone, and it goes in one ear and out the other !

Nanja

Guess what? According to your interpretation of the Gospel many who could be saved won't be. Only he that is of God heareth God's Word's can be saved, HOGWASH.

Whether a person becomes Saved is not dependent on any action or work he/she does,
but Salvation is exclusively for those whom Christ gave His Life:

John 10:11,15
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Those who hear the Gospel are Saved, Born of God. If a person is not Born of God, they cant please God with Faith. Those in the flesh cannot please God Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

You have been showed this at least 20 to 30 times before by me alone, and it goes in one ear and out the other !

You are not much of a challenge to refute.

In Romans 8 Paul is talking to Christians that are carnally minded. They are living according to to flesh. Paul is encouraging them to walk by the Spirit and not the flesh.

You are always pulling scripture out of context to try and prove your phony doctrine.