Isis Bomb Takes Down Plane?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Those of us who were marginally acquainted with the power balances in the Middle East saw the region as a mobile like the ones parents hang over their child’s crib.

it's telling that morons like you saw geo-political intricacies as a child's plaything :doh:

tell us, just where in your scenario did Saddam and his WMDs fit in?

they were going to be balanced out by what?

a nuclear strike by Iran?

By Israel?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
it's telling that morons like you saw geo-political intricacies as a child's plaything :doh:

By Israel?
You seem unable to see reality in terms of metaphor. This may account for your inability to see beyond the literal in the Bible as well.

Now we know it was part of Saddam’s hold on his power to encourage others in the region to believe he had a stockpile of chemical and even nuclear weapons.

The perception, which is all that matters. Our Nuclear Assured Destruction policy kept the peace--such as it was--during the Cold War.

Careful watchers of American politics have noticed that every three or four years Iran becomes yet again a stand-in for our own fears.

It was the people of Iran who poured out into the streets of Tehran holding lighted candles and voicing out their solidarity with America two days after the 9/11 attacks.

Those of your ilk would probably have favored a US drone attack on those memorial marches.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
well, that's what we get for using affirmative action to hire an unqualified, inexperienced candidate based primarily on the color of his skin
He was certainly qualified. Much, much more than most of the GOP candidates for the office.
And it was certain that he had limited experience as well. He had to learn a lot while in office.

He promised to close the prison at Guantanamo but soon realized the matter was removed from any democratic action by those in the high places in government.

He also vowed to make his administration transparent, but soon ran into the defensiveness and paranoia of the NSA and the CIA.

His communication skills, in my view, are simply awesome. He is able to both give and take criticism without being disagreeable himself.

This is a rare thing to see these days--especially on TOL where sarcasm and name-calling seem to be the rule rather than adult dialogue and conversation.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
He was certainly qualified.

riiiight

because of all his experience being a chief executive? :chuckle:

His communication skills, in my view, are simply awesome.

i agree - he has an awesome ability to fool weakminded morons like you into voting for him, even when he didn't live up to his promises

brewmama

He promised to close the prison at Guantanamo but soon realized the matter was removed from any democratic action by those in the high places in government.

Since that was an incredibly stupid idea, and hardly anyone was in favor of it beyond his rabid loony base, it is actually the one good thing he did-to not close it.

He also vowed to make his administration transparent, but soon ran into the defensiveness and paranoia of the NSA and the CIA.

He has never, ever, acted in a transparent manner, and the NSA and CIA had nothing to do with it. You must be one of the most gullible people I have ever encountered!

His communication skills, in my view, are simply awesome. He is able to both give and take criticism without being disagreeable himself.

You think he takes criticism well?? And without being disagreeable?? :darwinsm:

bybee

Since that was an incredibly stupid idea, and hardly anyone was in favor of it beyond his rabid loony base, it is actually the one good thing he did-to not close it.

He has never, ever, acted in a transparent manner, and the NSA and CIA had nothing to do with it. You must be one of the most gullible people I have ever encountered!

Thank you for responding to him. I was too stupified by his words to come up with a response! The liberal mind can be a strange thing.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

The last time Russia took on Islamic fundamentalists was when they invaded Afghanistan to prop up another pro-Soviet regime back in 1979-1989.

The Reagan Administration labelled them ""mujahideen" (freedom fighters) and had the CIA send in weapons to defeat the Russians, which were later used against American forces after 9/11.

Fast forward 26 years, friends have become enemies, enemies have become friends, nobody has learned from their past mistakes and we start the cycle all over again!

brewmama

The last time Russia took on Islamic fundamentalists was when they invaded Afghanistan to prop up another pro-Soviet regime back in 1979-1989.

The Reagan Administration labelled them ""mujahideen" (freedom fighters) and had the CIA send in weapons to defeat the Russians, which were later used against American forces after 9/11.

Fast forward 26 years, friends have become enemies, enemies have become friends, nobody has learned from their past mistakes and we start the cycle all over again!

You mean like befriending Iran and giving Israel the brushoff? Yes, you'd think we would learn.

bybee

They're already bombing in Syria. It might draw them into the fight against Daesh specifically a little bit more, but other than that, I don't see a lot more that they could do. I doubt that they'd intervene in Egypt.

I think we're pretty close to a world war already, with China getting more brazen in the South China Sea to the point of openly threatening warfare, Russia invading Ukraine, meddling in Beloruse, attacking in Syria, ISIS spreading like a cancer, North Korea angling for attention. But I don't really think this draws us any closer to it. It's not shocking ISIS would want to attack an airplane, and the rest of the world, despite its differences with Russia, would never condone such an attack.

It is a frightening scenario.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
He was certainly qualified. Much, much more than most of the GOP candidates for the office.
And it was certain that he had limited experience as well. He had to learn a lot while in office.

This is a rare thing to see these days--especially on TOL where sarcasm and name-calling seem to be the rule rather than adult dialogue and conversation.

Judging you by your words alone, you really are a naive moron...Grow Up! Get Smart!

:thumb:

Jerome84

The bomb was probably planted by the Putin regime. They are the ones gaining the most by this terror act. Putin has blown up stuff before and blaimed it on "terrorists". An apartment building in southern Russia for example.

Putin plays chess with the world. He does what he needs to do. Sacrificing a peasent in chess is often a smart move.

Putin is the old style leader. Brutal, intelligent and successful.

bybee

The bomb was probably planted by the Putin regime. They are the ones gaining the most by this terror act. Putin has blown up stuff before and blaimed it on "terrorists". An apartment building in southern Russia for example.

Putin plays chess with the world. He does what he needs to do. Sacrificing a peasent in chess is often a smart move.

Putin is the old style leader. Brutal, intelligent and successful.

That is a pretty dastardly thing to say without proof?