Is the Law of Moses good or bad?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
The law is holy. Hmmmn.

Let’s see....slavery, genocide, rape, blood sacrifice, and some weird voodoo like poison that only works on women.

You people have a funny definition of holy. I mean, not funny haha....funny weird.

Many people on the planet would feel like the worst sinners ever if they did that. That might work for primitive barbarians, but it’s not gonna fly with today’s intelligent, moral, modern people who rightly reject all of that.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law is holy. Hmmmn.

Let’s see....slavery, genocide, rape, blood sacrifice, and some weird voodoo like poison that only works on women.

You people have a funny definition of holy. I mean, not funny haha....funny weird.

Many people on the planet would feel like the worst sinners ever if they did that. That might work for primitive barbarians, but it’s not gonna fly with today’s intelligent, moral, modern people who rightly reject all of that.

Guyver,

When you consider the nation of Israel and its Laws something is distinctly different from other nations.

What you reject it may be that you do not understand. But I am surprised that you do not see good in the Law.

Shalom.

Jacob

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Guyver,

When you consider the nation of Israel and its Laws something is distinctly different from other nations.

What you reject it may be that you do not understand. But I am surprised that you do not see good in the Law.

Shalom.

Jacob

Monotheism brother Jacob. That is the distinction, or rather...the primary distinction according to my research. But, that’s the thing about learning what one is talking about. It requires study and effort to understand what actually exists in the world outside the Bible.

The world that God made.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
And circumcision. Haven’t heard of any other ancient people practicing that one. But slavery, killing, the taking of lands and people, genocide, animal sacrifice, human sacrifice, many wives, these are all practices that all the pagan people practiced as well.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Monotheism brother Jacob. That is the distinction, or rather...the primary distinction according to my research. But, that’s the thing about learning what one is talking about. It requires study and effort to understand what actually exists in the world outside the Bible.

The world that God made.

And circumcision. Haven’t heard of any other ancient people practicing that one. But slavery, killing, the taking of lands and people, genocide, animal sacrifice, human sacrifice, many wives, these are all practices that all the pagan people practiced as well.
Be careful that you do not tear people to pieces.

Matthew 7:6 - “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Be careful that you do not tear people to pieces.

Matthew 7:6 - “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

That’s why it’s so important to consider what words mean, and really contemplate the nature of a thing rather than just accepting what people say things mean. Muslims may think it a holy act to chop the heads off Christians in their faith in God and definition of holy.

I call that evil, not holy.

Holy, as I see it is something that reflects the best things in life as it pertains to faith in God. Truth. Righteousness which is right doing. Something beautiful, something pure, something uncorrupted....that is holy.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That’s why it’s so important to consider what words mean, and really contemplate the nature of a thing rather than just accepting what people say things mean. Muslims may think it a holy act to chop the heads off Christians in their faith in God and definition of holy.

Holy, as I see it is something that reflects the best things in life as it pertains to faith in God. Truth. Righteousness which is right doing. Something beautiful, something pure, something uncorrupted....that is holy.

Didn't you get all those beautiful and pure things from Jesus?

k0de

Guyver remember Simon? Read Acts 8:9-24 if you don't remember.

Point one
Acts 8: 21. You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God.

Point two
22. Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart.

Point three
23. For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin."

Point four
24. Then Simon answered, "Pray to the Lord for me so that nothing you have said may happen to me."

Point five
I'm praying for you that nothing that has said may happen to you. Snap out of it.

k0de

Guyver remember Simon? Read Acts 8:9-24 if you don't remember.

Point one
Acts 8: 21. You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God.

Point two
22. Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart.

Point three
23. For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin."

Point four
24. Then Simon answered, "Pray to the Lord for me so that nothing you have said may happen to me."

Point five
I'm praying for you that nothing that has said may happen to you. Snap out of it.
Acts 8: 17. Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

You are in need of someone to lay hands on you to receive the Holy Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
Acts 8: 17. Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

You are in need of someone to lay hands on you to receive the Holy Spirit.
Wrong dispensation.

He (and everyone) needs to be baptized by one spirit into the the one body. 1 Cor 12:13

k0de

Wrong dispensation.

He (and everyone) needs to be baptized by one spirit into the the one body. 1 Cor 12:13
I knew that was coming. But you're right. Just trying to let scripture do the talking to Guyver cause nothing else is working.

Right Divider

Body part
I knew that was coming. But you're right. Just trying to let scripture do the talking to Guyver cause nothing else is working.
Scripture cannot do the talking if you use it wrongly.

guyver has many problems that cannot be solved by giving him scripture that is not applicable for today.

k0de

Scripture cannot do the talking if you use it wrongly.

guyver has many problems that cannot be solved by giving him scripture that is not applicable for today.
That is true to. I don't want to see the brother perish. Only if would humble himself but that would be hoping to much.

Anyhow back to topic the Law is good not evil.

Right Divider

Body part
That is true to. I don't want to see the brother perish. Only if would humble himself but that would be hoping to much.

Anyhow back to topic the Law is good not evil.
It doesn't take much scripture to prove that:

Rom 7:12 KJV Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Problem is that this guy doesn't believe the scripture in the first place.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We're all liars to some extent JR or is it just forgettable when it's convenient to suit purposes? You're no exception. You never did get around to addressing that nonsense of doser's regarding a "cartoon hell" by way of. A total fabrication (and a really bizarre one at that) that you high fived him for and when put straight by myself and others you were like the proverbial crickets...

:think:

I am going to ask everyone in this thread to dial down on the accusations of lying. There is an internet-ese term for these kind of posts--goading. It causes the thread to heat up. When you are dealing with someone through the internet it is hard to determine their intentions. So let's take the words 'liar' 'lying' 'lies' and their relatives and throw them in the garbage bin. They are not welcome on TOL.

Right Divider

Body part
I am going to ask everyone in this thread to dial down on the accusations of lying. There is an internet-ese term for these kind of posts--goading. It causes the thread to heat up. When you are dealing with someone through the internet it is hard to determine their intentions. So let's take the words 'liar' 'lying' 'lies' and their relatives and throw them in the garbage bin. They are not welcome on TOL.
If someone posts a lie, is it OK to call it a lie?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
btw - if you want to get the measure of guyver, go to his profile page, search on find latest started threads

open each one and look at the OP