Is the Holy Spirit Female?

God's Truth

Praise the Lord! You are showing real wisdom here. You have exercised restraint and caution and not only that but you have also shown restraint in your handling of a rebuke. That is good christian judgement. I do try to heed my own words...rebuking myself often and putting caution into all my insights. It is difficult. The sinful nature is with us and Satan is often afoot!

Good grief.

The Truth matters.

You should have trusted what you know is truth.

Satan is afoot and you fell for what he wanted you to fall for.

Popsthebuilder fights hard for the Qur'an and other things that go against the Truth.

I spoke with much patience while I tried to tell him how the Qur'an goes against the Jesus of the Bible. He still went against me in a hurtful way, though we were friends.

God's Truth

That's fine.

But is the thing we differ on a salvific issue? Am I calling the Holy Spirit evil by not limiting IT to a male or female or physical body?

Let us leave it alone and hope that we will agree on some other more pertinent points in the future.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

It is a salvation issue if you are a preacher of falseness and lead others away from what is written in the Holy Bible.

You are trying to bring n the teachings of false religions and things taught by demons.

You try to bring all religions together in a way that should not be. The Bible says Jesus brought division. The Bible says not to share in the table of demons with the table of the Lord.

KingdomRose

John 16:7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

John 14:17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Jesus says to his Apostles that they know the Holy Spirit because he lives with them. JESUS WAS THE ONE LIVING WITH THEM. Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said that he would send another comforter, the Holy Spirit. He also said that he would not leave them as orphans that HE WILL COME TO THEM.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

This is at the time Jesus told them that he would send them another comforter. Jesus explains to them that it is HE.

Who but a father or mother can make someone an orphan or not.

Instead of their thinking Jesus is coming to live with them in the flesh again, he says another, because he is not coming to them in the flesh, but in another way...just in the Spirit.

I am truly sorry, because you seem so confused. You apparently don't know the scriptures very well. You say that Jesus claimed to be the Holy Spirit, and yet you quote a verse where he says that he will SEND the Holy Spirit. A person doesn't SEND himself! In John 14:18 Jesus does not equate himself with the Holy Spirit, does he? Where does he mention that he is the Holy Spirit? He just said that he was coming to his followers. It didn't say exactly when, but it can be assumed that he was speaking of "the last day," because he said, "in that day" they will know that he is union with the Father and they are in union with him, Jesus, and he is in union with them. It's not totally clear when this will be, but it's not anything to base a belief that Jesus is the Holy Spirit!

Where, specifically, does Jesus say that the Holy Spirit is he himself?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am truly sorry, because you seem so confused. You apparently don't know the scriptures very well. You say that Jesus claimed to be the Holy Spirit, and yet you quote a verse where he says that he will SEND the Holy Spirit. A person doesn't SEND himself! In John 14:18 Jesus does not equate himself with the Holy Spirit, does he? Where does he mention that he is the Holy Spirit? He just said that he was coming to his followers. It didn't say exactly when, but it can be assumed that he was speaking of "the last day," because he said, "in that day" they will know that he is union with the Father and they are in union with him, Jesus, and he is in union with them. It's not totally clear when this will be, but it's not anything to base a belief that Jesus is the Holy Spirit!

I totally agree with you in respect God Truth's confusion. Her theology is modalistic in nature though she claims vehemently not to be a Modalist. Her thought is that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all one in the same.

popsthebuilder

Good grief.

The Truth matters.

You should have trusted what you know is truth.

Satan is afoot and you fell for what he wanted you to fall for.

Popsthebuilder fights hard for the Qur'an and other things that go against the Truth.

I spoke with much patience while I tried to tell him how the Qur'an goes against the Jesus of the Bible. He still went against me in a hurtful way, though we were friends.
Isaiah 61: 1. The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2. To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; 3. To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. 4. And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. 5. And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. 6. But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves. 7. For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them. 8. For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. 9. And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed. 10. I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. 11. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

KingdomRose

Isaiah 61: 1. The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2. To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; 3. To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. 4. And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. 5. And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. 6. But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves. 7. For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them. 8. For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. 9. And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed. 10. I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. 11. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

Please, what is your point?

God's Truth

I am truly sorry, because you seem so confused.

Don't worry because I am not confused.
You apparently don't know the scriptures very well.

You apparently are wrong.

You say that Jesus claimed to be the Holy Spirit, and yet you quote a verse where he says that he will SEND the Holy Spirit. A person doesn't SEND himself!

You are wrong because Jesus says PLAINLY that HE, he himself will come to them!

In John 14:18 Jesus does not equate himself with the Holy Spirit, does he? Where does he mention that he is the Holy Spirit? He just said that he was coming to his followers. It didn't say exactly when, but it can be assumed that he was speaking of "the last day," because he said, "in that day" they will know that he is union with the Father and they are in union with him, Jesus, and he is in union with them. It's not totally clear when this will be, but it's not anything to base a belief that Jesus is the Holy Spirit!

Well let me tell you something wonderful, and it is that Jesus RECONCILES us to God by giving us the Holy Spirit to live in us. Don't you believe that? Do you understand that the Holy Spirit lives in the saved?

I am so glad you asked that.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

I have so much more to say about this.

God's Truth

What do you think you proved or disproved?

God's Truth

All will come together under GOD by HIS will.

God's will is that we come to truth in Him according to His Written Word in the Holy Bible.

You are trying to mix all religions and denominations.

What you are doing is wrong, according to the scriptures.

God's Truth

Show me

I showed you before and it didn't matter to you at all; it made you go against me harder.

I will show you again regardless.

1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.

2 Corinthians 6:15
What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?

2 Corinthians 6:16
What agreement can exist between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be My people."

popsthebuilder

I showed you before and it didn't matter to you at all; it made you go against me harder.

I will show you again regardless.

1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.

2 Corinthians 6:15
What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?

2 Corinthians 6:16
What agreement can exist between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be My people."
Your position must presuppose that all but the bible is of satan. That just isn't true, and the bible, namely Jesus said so Himself.

Nice try though.

God's Truth

Your position must presuppose that all but the bible is of satan. That just isn't true, and the bible, namely Jesus said so Himself.

Nice try though.

The Bible does say so.

You are badly mistaken not knowing the scriptures or God.

God's Truth

Acts 13:10
and said, "O child of the devil and enemy of all righteousness! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the straight ways of the Lord?

The Lord is the straight way and other ways are perverted.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are."

How does that happen? Think about it.

Galatians 2:11 When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

Philipians 1:17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.

2 Thessalonians 1:6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you

1 Timothy 1:3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer

2 Timothy 2:17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus,

1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Galatians 1:8-9 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Acts 20:29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.

And Peter warns us---

2 Peter 2:1-3 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping

God's Truth

John 4:22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.

That is what Jesus says.

Salvation is not from teachings from Hindu gods, or Norse gods, or Greek gods; not from Augustine or Catholic Popes, or Protestants like Luther and Calvin, or from Buddha, Confucius, or Gandhi. Salvation is not from the Muslims and Muhammad, or Joseph Smith and the Mormons. It is not from new age teachers, or various denominations.

Salvation is from the Jews.

Jesus says so.

John 4:22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.

God's Truth

Jesus is the WORD OF GOD. That means Jesus' words are the words from God Himself.

The Holy Bible is the written Word of God.

I want Jesus, the Word of God.

I do not want the Catholic's popes words and the catechism.

I do not want Joseph Smith's extra books with words from those people.

I do not want words from the Qur'an or Muhammad.

I do not want words from Bahá'u'lláh.

I do not want words from Buddha.

I do not want words from Gandhi.

I don't want the words from the prophetess Ellen G. White.

I don't want the words from Augustine, Luther, or John Calvin.

I only want the words of Jesus Christ who IS the WORD OF GOD.

popsthebuilder

The Bible does say so.

You are badly mistaken not knowing the scriptures or God.
Ahh....and here you know personally that you openly lie about me on a personal and foundational level for a retort; when we both know if what you claim is true you would have produced it imidiatly; most likely in red lettering.

Good evening.