Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

The incarnation is the Word (God) became flesh.

No, but that statement certainly explains why you can's understand anything.

You are saying Jesus was a man all the way and is just saying he was from heaven. lol

You understand it and it is exactly what you do. You merely say Jesus was from heaven but everything you say, says he's not.

glorydaz

Wudn't me. :idunno:

:chuckle:

1 Corinthians 2:8 8None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the LORD of glory.

I'm sure you know the difference between their understanding Jesus' claims to be God, and their belief that He was, indeed, God. This same "hidden wisdom" is what must be believed to this very day in order for men to be saved.

1 Cor. 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.​

Why does any mob of lunatics do anything?

James 4:5

"Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?"

These were Jewish leaders rejecting their Messiah when He came. The point, as I'm sure you are well aware, is that they rejected His claim to be God....which they knew their Messiah was known to be....EMMANUEL (GOD WITH US)

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

They were angry because they expected a conquering King....not a suffering servant. Which points back to that excellent scripture from 1 Cor. that you posited.

glorydaz

You are saying Jesus was a man all the way and is just saying he was from heaven. lol

You understand it and it is exactly what you do. You merely say Jesus was from heaven but everything you say, says he's not.

John 1:1 John 1:14 Looks pretty clear to me.

I'm not sure why you can't get it.

God's Truth

Only to someone who doesn't know God is Triune. :chuckle:

You're one of those Monotheists or some other cross cult believer. :nono:

You rightly said that it is Jesus speaking in the Old Testament.

It is God the Father speaking in the Old Testament.

It is clear and rebukes your false doctrine so you come back with the only thing you have, insults.

God's Truth

God is three but not three different.

Glorydaze has God changing voices in the Old Testament when I prove with scripture that Jesus is God the Father.

'Oh that was the Father speaking', 'Oh now that is Jesus speaking'...

No glorydazed, it was the Father speaking, and Jesus as a Son was not yet doing the speaking.

glorydaz

There is only one God.

Is the Father not God?

Yes or no?

Answer the question.

The Word was God and was the Father.

That scripture does NOT say the Word was one of the Gods.

You can't explain how the Word WAS WITH GOD, AND WAS GOD, can you?

That's why you start trying to boss me around. :chuckle:

God's Truth

John 1:1 John 1:14 Looks pretty clear to me.

I'm not sure why you can't get it.

That scripture says the Word was God. That scripture does NOT say the Word was one of the Gods.

That scripture does NOT say the Word was one of the Gods but not the Father.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Universal Truth................

Universal Truth................

You didn't answer the question.

Do you not believe somethings that are written in the Holy Bible?

I already mentioned that in as much as there are inspired insights, truths, values, meanings and principles in the Bible that correlate to true and universal laws or principles, having true wisdom, I accept such, but there are also parts and portions that are not wholly true, valuable or useful, and a good degree of religious fiction, embellishment, mythology and other propaganda, literary devices, redactions, interpolations, etc.

Therefore as a 'spiritualist' or 'theosophist' I can accept and integrate the content of this tradition's sacred texts into my over all 'world-view' and cosmopolitan theology. As a 'universalist' I consider the truth existing in all traditions, and do so logically and rationally. However, the 'claim' that the Bible ALONE is the only inspired word of Deity, let alone that is it infallible, inerrant, absolutely true, or FINAL in authority, I do NOT believe, since I find a 'belief' as such as irrational, illogical and unnecessary.

I have hitherto explained some of my reasons for holding this view.

I also happen to be one of the few here who are actually positing and expounding sound and intelligent reasons for my 'opinion', while others here would rather just stick with petty debate over 'this' or 'that' regarding seemingly insignificant 'interpretations' of some biblical passages that may not really have any significance in the greater context of reality, beyond some fancy of 'doctrine' or preferred 'dogma'.

God's Truth

I already mentioned that in as much as there are inspired insights, truths, values, meanings and principles in the Bible that correlate to true and universal laws or principles, having true wisdom, I accept such, but there are also parts and portions that are not wholly true, valuable or useful, and a good degree of religious fiction, embellishment, mythology and other propaganda, literary devices, redactions, interpolations, etc.

Therefore as a 'spiritualist' or 'theosophist' I can accept and integrate the content of this tradition's sacred texts into my over all 'world-view' and cosmopolitan theology. As a 'universalist' I consider the truth existing in all traditions, and do so logically and rationally. However, the 'claim' that the Bible ALONE is the only inspired word of Deity, let alone that is it infallible, inerrant, absolutely true, or FINAL in authority, I do NOT believe, since I find a 'belief' as such as irrational, illogical and unnecessary.

I have hitherto explained some of my reasons for holding this view.

I also happen to be one of the few here who are actually positing and expounding sound and intelligent reasons for my 'opinion', while others here would rather just stick with petty debate over 'this' or 'that' regarding seemingly insignificant 'interpretations' of some biblical passages that may not really have any significance in the greater context of reality, beyond some fancy of 'doctrine' or preferred 'dogma'.

Just admit that you either believe the whole Bible as written or you don't.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
summary........

summary........

Just admit that you either believe the whole Bible as written or you don't.

I've more than adequately answered and explained the logics and rationale behind my statements, and clarified them. If you are claiming that the Bible is innerrant, infallible, perfect or final in its revelation of the totality of reality, then the burden of that claim is upon you to prove. Beyond that, I'm not going to repeat the obvious in my former discourse that I DO NOT believe the entire Bible to be God's one and only word, LET ALONE the final word. I am not under the burden of such a 'need' or 'necessity' to claim any one set of 'sacred texts' as being the one and only, although some texts may be better than others.

Of course any are free to believe that the 'sacred texts' of their own religious tradition or culture are the only 'inspired' ones in existence, which is a rather incredible claim.