IS GOD INFINITE ?

OCTOBER23

Some people think that God is infinite

and some think that his spirit is everywhere.

and some think that God is a Solid Radiant Being who gives off energy.

What is the plain truth of the Bible. ?:chew:
-------------------------------------------------------
Job 22:5 Is not thy wickedness great? and thine iniquities infinite?

Psalms 147:5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

Nahum 3:9 Ethiopia and Egypt were her strength, and it was infinite;

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes, God is infinite; timeless, omniscient, omnipotent, sovereign and all knowing/all powerful. where have you been ?

Proverbs 15:3 KJV - Psalm 33:11 KJV and 13,

Revelation 1:8 KJV - Revelation 4:8 KJV -

1 Chronicles 28:9 KJV -

Aimiel

...and some think that God is a Solid Radiant Being who gives off energy.

What is the plain truth of the Bible. ?
Well, I believe that LASER beams shoot out of His Fingers. That's where He hides His Power.

And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Well, I believe that LASER beams shoot out of His Fingers. That's where He hides His Power.

And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power.
I believe we too often project back into time our modern views of reality.

I try to take biblical metaphors seriously; I do not literalize them. Metaphor and myth are the primary ways the ancient authors could describe the infinite on paper.

Bradley D

God knows me inside and out. I have no doubt God knows all that is happening on His creation.

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do" (Hebrews 4:12-13).

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have never quite grasped the concept of gravity. Or even matter. Not that it matters. I know my mind is not infinite. Therefore what I can comprehend is limited.

OCTOBER23

AIKIDO-7,

I do not literalize them. Metaphor and myth are the primary ways

the ancient authors could describe the infinite on paper.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I TAKE THE BIBLE LITERALLY

Because as JESUS said, God's Word is Truth.

Aimiel

Xeno thought so. He made an entire philosophy which could be summed up by saying: "What is: is. What is not: is not. What is: has always been. What is not: can never be what is." His 'paradoxes' are the basis of most philosophical thought; especially Existentialism.

OliviaM

BANNED
Banned
:DK:
Xeno thought so. He made an entire philosophy which could be summed up by saying: "What is: is. What is not: is not. What is: has always been. What is not: can never be what is." His 'paradoxes' are the basis of most philosophical thought; especially Existentialism.

Ok and that relates to infinity how?

Aimiel

Existentialism or actually any philosophy-related subject might be a good place for you to start. Perhaps an introductory textbook.

OCTOBER23

OLIVIA OLIVIA

Oh , have you seen Olivia,

The girl with the penchant for Banning.
------------------------------------------

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I believe God is infinite. This means we can never describe him accurately.
We can only approach God with metaphor.

Jesus did this with his parables.

jon machtemes

Yes, I have been taught in Sunday school the attributes of God, but these arr thr things I know from His Word. God IS: He exists in 3 persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. All three are represented at creation, (Genesis 1, John 1, Collosians 1). The "trinity" which is not a word found in the Bible is yet seen throughout Old and New Testaments. They are one and there is no division or double-mindedness to God. He is one and unified in deed and intent: Deuteronomy 6:4, "Hear, Israel: YHWH is our God: YHWH is one:", and Matthew 28:19, "baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit", James 2:19, "You believe that God is one, you do well. The demons also believe and shudder."

Omnipotence. All are justified in believing God to be all powerful. Firstly, no one can empirically prove where the energy that is the source of all things resides. No one can prove these things either pro or con to God's claims, so since all of the prophesies in the Bible come to pass we are also justified in believing God is not a liar and can believe Him: Isaiah 44:24, "I am Yahweh, who makes all things; who alone stretches out the heavens; who spreads out the earth by myself", Hebrews 11:3, "By faith, we understand that the universe has been framed by the word of God, so that what is seen has not been made out of things which are visible", Isaiah 45:5, "I am Yahweh, and there is none else. Besides me, there is no God".

Omniscience. This we also know by prophesy and declairing of knowledge to the ancients that which we still discover. Isaiah 40:13-14, "Who has directed the Spirit of Yahweh, or has taught him as his counselor?

14Who did he take counsel with, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of justice, and taught him knowledge, and showed him the way of understanding?", and 46:10, "Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; [I am] God, and there is none like me;

10declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not [yet] done; saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure".

Omnipresence. Here are just a few verses. Proverbs 15:3, "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Watching the evil and the good", Colossians 1:7, "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.", and Psalm 139:7-10, "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me".

These are all verses anyone can find in a rudementary Google search. But these are attributes nonetheless, of which He has many. There is His Holiness, His Righteousness, His Perfection, Wisdom, Knowledge, Patience, Kindness, Love, and Mercy. Yes, those last two are indeed my favorites, as they have direct application to me, besides this one: God is a Person and Personal. And back to the Trinity we go: He IS Persons, and personal. God has a personality...Thee Personality. He is close and knowable, he put on flesh and blood and poured out His life for me, and you.

Jesus sat and ate with men. He held them and taught them. He said He knocks and whomever opens He will sup with. His Spirit is ever close, His kingdom within us. This is not a distant God. He is no far away force, but He is closer than a brother. He has a heart, emotions, and can be grieved. He is more than loving, but is THE definition of love itself. He is more than truthful, but the source of all truth. He is more than living, but is the source of all life, and this life He gives without merit in and through the Son.

The question may truly be not, "Is He infinate?", but "in how many ways?" He is the source of all that is good, and like the source of a great river we may not comprehend the depths of His plentitude, but may ever drink of His glory: the glory shown in the face of our Lord Jesus Christ, the fulness of the Godhead bodily. God bless you.