In Christ

csuguy

You make a habit of reading someone else's mail and applying it TO yourself when it's not. Big mistake.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Nothing in scriptures was written to you heir, does that mean that it's contents aren't meant for you? While understanding who is being spoken too is part of the context - it is silly to assert that if it wasn't written directly for you that therefore it isn't applicable to you.

God is everyone's God, and he does not change or show partiality.

Samie

Branches can be broken off from the Vine.
Of course. Why not?

Will the Body of Christ lose an arm?
I am but a cell in the Body of Christ. And you, too. Losing one cell or a million cells is not losing one arm. A body cell approximately weighs one nanogram. If an arm weighs say 1 kg, then that means an arm is composed of 1 trillion cells. And the number of persons born into this world, according to one guesstimate, does not even reach a trillion.

SaulToPaul 2

Of course. Why not?

I am but a cell in the Body of Christ. And you, too. Losing one cell or a million cells is not losing one arm. A body cell approximately weighs one nanogram. If an arm weighs say 1 kg, then that means an arm is composed of 1 trillion cells. And the number of persons born into this world, according to one guesstimate, does not even reach a trillion.

The number of cells in a human body would have to equal the number of people currently in the Body of Christ for your view to make sense to me.

Epoisses

So do you acknowledge that under the New Covenant the Law is written on our hearts and minds?

Do you have a verse in mind with regards the asserting that love is imprinted upon one's heart?

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Rom. 5:5

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nothing in scriptures was written to you heir, does that mean that it's contents aren't meant for you? While understanding who is being spoken too is part of the context - it is silly to assert that if it wasn't written directly for you that therefore it isn't applicable to you.

God is everyone's God, and he does not change or show partiality.

Your problem is, you don't know how to "Rightly Divide" the Bible.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles. He preached the "Grace Message" that the ascended Christ gave to Him. Peter and the rest preached the "Kingdom Message" to the House of Israel. If you don't see a difference between the two Messages, then, you are living in ignorance.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Galatians 2:7 "On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter was for the circumcised,"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul preached that Gentiles were to become members of the Body of Christ through faith alone.

Peter preached to the Jews that they must have faith plus works. As per James 2:17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

csuguy

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Rom. 5:5

Good verse :thumb:

Why do you not answer the first question I asked? Is the law written on our hearts and mind under the New Covenant, or no?

Last edited:

csuguy

Your problem is, you don't know how to "Rightly Divide" the Bible.

If you think throwing out anything unpleasant to you is "rightly dividing" then you are sadly mistaken. You must study all of the scriptures, and only then can you start speaking of what is or is not applicable to us today.

john w

Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

"Any person who lives his life wrongly and does not repent of his sins, will be held responsible and judged for breaking God's laws and are justly consigned to death and hell. Sinners only receive what they have earned. Men reap what they sow."-Nang

Samie

The number of cells in a human body would have to equal the number of people currently in the Body of Christ for your view to make sense to me.
Sorry, but spiritual things are spiritually discerned. We were merely fashioned into the Body of Christ. The Father did not LITERALLY chopped off Christ's body and replaced it with all of humanity.

Epoisses

Apparently not; but at least you are now aware that the water is there for when you thirst for the truth

I've been down the 'law detour' when I was a younger Christian so I know the futility of it unlike you. Have fun with Mr. Legality and his son Civility in the village of Morality.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nothing in scriptures was written to you heir, does that mean that it's contents aren't meant for you?
All scripture is FOR us, it's just not all TO us or about us. Paul spoke and wrote to us as he was the apostle of the gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV) given the dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV), the dispensation of the grace of God (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV), and the dispensation of God given to him for us, to fulfil the word of God: even the mystery (Colossians 1:25 KJV).
While understanding who is being spoken too is part of the context - it is silly to assert that if it wasn't written directly for you that therefore it isn't applicable to you.
Hebrews is FUTURE for the house of Israel and with the house of Judah (Jeremiah 31:31-34 KJV, Hebrews 8:8 KJV). The Body of Christ has no nationality (2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV, Galatians 3:28 KJV, Colossians 3:11 KJV).

You must 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

SaulToPaul 2

1. OT saints- inherit land
2. Israel of God- 144000 Jewish kings and priests- inherit the City
3. Body of Christ- neither jew nor gentile- inherit the heavens

The whole household of God, the Kingdom of God.

Find out which one you are.