In Christ

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is ignorance to think that all in the Bible that are "in Christ" are in the Body of Christ. It just isn't so!

Some believers in the Bible who are "in Christ" must abide in the Vine (John 15:4 KJV) by keeping the commandments (John 15:10 KJV) and a whole host of other things. If they don't, this is their fate (John 15:6 KJV)! They must hold the beginning of their confidence stedfast unto the end (Hebrews 3:14 KJV). It is an if...then situation for them just as it was for those in Moses' time Exodus 19:5-6 KJV.

Not so with those in the body of Christ! We are in the Body of Christ even if we get to the point where we believe not (2 Timothy 2:13 KJV). Keeping the law has nothing to do with our salvation (Romans 3:21-22 KJV, Galatians 2:16 KJV). We are partakers of Christ by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV) and are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13 KJV).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Heir, You're always consistent in the preaching of the one and only Gospel for this Dispensation of Grace. That being; the Grace Gospel that was given to the Apostle Paul (The Apostle to the Gentiles) by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Heir, You're always consistent in the preaching of the one and only Gospel for this Dispensation of Grace. That being; the Grace Gospel that was given to the Apostle Paul (The Apostle to the Gentiles) by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ.
We're in this ministry together!

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2 Corinthians 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

csuguy

The promise of the New Covenant, which Christ established with his blood, is this:

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel After those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their minds, And I will write them on their hearts. And I will be their God, And they shall be My people.​

Why make it a point of writing God's Law onto our hearts and minds if the Law has nothing to do with us?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The promise of the New Covenant, which Christ established with his blood, is this:

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel After those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their minds, And I will write them on their hearts. And I will be their God, And they shall be My people.​

Why make it a point of writing God's Law onto our hearts and minds if the Law has nothing to do with us?

The book of Hebrews was written to, THE HEBREWS. Twas not written to us Gentiles!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It is ignorance to think that all in the Bible that are "in Christ" are in the Body of Christ. It just isn't so!

Some believers in the Bible who are "in Christ" must abide in the Vine (John 15:4 KJV) by keeping the commandments (John 15:10 KJV) and a whole host of other things. If they don't, this is their fate (John 15:6 KJV)! They must hold the beginning of their confidence stedfast unto the end (Hebrews 3:14 KJV). It is an if...then situation for them just as it was for those in Moses' time Exodus 19:5-6 KJV.

Not so with those in the body of Christ! We are in the Body of Christ even if we get to the point where we believe not (2 Timothy 2:13 KJV). Keeping the law has nothing to do with our salvation (Romans 3:21-22 KJV, Galatians 2:16 KJV). We are partakers of Christ by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV) and are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13 KJV).

So there is the "Vine" that is different than the "Body?"

Ridiculous . . .

The sons of God who love and keep the holy & moral standards of God, are described biblically as being both same: those being in the body of Christ and being of the vine of His spiritual root.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Ridiculous . . .

The sons of God who love and keep the holy & moral standards of God, are described biblically as being both same: those being in the body of Christ and being of the vine of His spiritual root.

Hey, Nang, you're a dyed in the wool Calvinist. Therefore, you follow an evil man that existed a few hundred years ago who preached a false doctrine that changed the character and intent of the "True God" of the Bible.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hey, Nang, you're a dyed in the wool Calvinist. Therefore, you follow an evil man that existed a few hundred years ago who preached a false doctrine that changed the character and intent of the "True God" of the Bible.

Hey GM,

Why cast accusations against me, instead of responding to my biblical point made, that the Vine is the same as the Body of Christ?

You only offer distraction and obfuscation from the attempt to discuss . . .

:mad:

heir

TOL Subscriber

Christ is the Vine (John 15:5 KJV).

Christ is the Head of the church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all (this is us)

Ephesians 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Ephesians 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

The Vine is different than the church which is His Body. Things that are different are not the same. Simple stuff!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Christ is the Vine (John 15:5 KJV).

Christ is the Head of the church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all (this is us)

Ephesians 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Ephesians 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

The Vine is different than the church which is His Body. Things that are different are not the same. Simple stuff!

You assert there is a difference but do not explain how believers can abide or spiritually function apart from the Vine, who is the root source of their life and being, can you? John 15:5

You cannot substantiate any biblical reason to differentiate between Christ being the Head of His body and the very life-source of His body . . . can you? John 15:5 & Ephesians 1:22-23.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The book of Hebrews was written to, THE HEBREWS. Twas not written to us Gentiles!

Paul explained, "And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise." (Galatians 3:29)

Abraham was a Hebrew and those who are of faith in Christ are Abraham's spiritual progeny and comprise the Israel of God.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Paul explained, "And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise." (Galatians 3:29)

Abraham was a Hebrew and those who are of faith in Christ are Abraham's spiritual progeny and comprise the Israel of God.

Yep . . Because the true "Israel" of God are all His spiritual children, chosen out of all the nations according to the Covenant of Grace, and not limited to just one (Jewish) race.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey GM,

Why cast accusations against me, instead of responding to my biblical point made, that the Vine is the same as the Body of Christ?

You only offer distraction and obfuscation from the attempt to discuss . . .

:mad:

You just came off being banned for a long time. You ought to tread lightly and not continue to disrupt every thread you haunt. Just some friendly advice. After all, you're an aggressive and uncivil type of individual. The spirit of John Calvin seems to distract you from the truth of the Grace Gospel, taught by the Apostle Paul?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Wrong! Abraham was a Gentile. Read the Old Testament.

csuguy

Yes it was directed at the Hebrews - but that doesn't change the fact that Christ established the New Covenant with his blood - the same covenant we are under. And under the New Covenant, God writes his Law on our hearts and minds. Or do you deny this?

Last edited: