if you were God, what would this person deserve.. Hell?

republicanchick

if a person, say, murders the unborn every day of his life.. Then he retires at ... say, age 70... and right b4 death repents of all that murder

Does he go straight to Heaven?

well, if he is baptized for the first time after confessing, yeh, he might... I doubt it would be a high level of Heaven, but yeh...

however, if he became a "Christian" at age 20 and then later did all this evil AFTER being baptized...

even if he repents...

well, what do you think should happen to this person (assuming this is the only egregious sin he has on his conscience)

Heaven?

Hell?

something else?

___

republicanchick

you people don't want to answer b/c you know that Purgatory is the only answer that makes sense

and God being an intelligent Person, it can be assumed that he would provide for... you know... people not bad enough to go to Hell forever... but not good enough for Heaven yet..

OK

___

Daniel1611

If he believes on the Lord Jesus Christ, he is saved and goes to heaven. The Bible is clear that going to heaven is not about how good you are. Purgatory makes no sense because it's not in the Bible.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
if a person, say, murders the unborn every day of his life.. Then he retires at ... say, age 70... and right b4 death repents of all that murder

well, if he is baptized for the first time after confessing, yeh, he might... I doubt it would be a high level of Heaven, but yeh...

however, if he became a "Christian" at age 20 and then later did all this evil AFTER being baptized...

even if he repents...

well, what do you think should happen to this person (assuming this is the only egregious sin he has on his conscience)

Heaven?

Hell?

something else?

___

no, if he saved himself

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
you people don't want to answer b/c you know that Purgatory is the only answer that makes sense

and God being an intelligent Person, it can be assumed that he would provide for... you know... people not bad enough to go to Hell forever... but not good enough for Heaven yet..

OK

___

Too much purgatory makes the saved no good.

Dialogos

He should go straight to hell. That's what his works have earned him. But then again that's what your and my works have earned us as well.

That's why salvation is by grace through faith apart from works.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

What part of forgiven all trespasses are you not following? Repentance is a word you don't need and should not use. It is his trust in the Lord Jesus Christ's finished work and believing the gospel that will give him life. Nothing else will.

Anyway, does not murdering every day make one righteous?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
What part of forgiven all trespasses are you not following? Repentance is a word you don't need and should not use. It is his trust in the Lord Jesus Christ's finished work and believing the gospel that will give him life. Nothing else will.

Does the illusion of trusting count?

shagster01

OK

___

Can you point me to purgatory in scripture?

nikolai_42

even if he repents...

Heaven?

Hell?

something else?

___

I recall Jesus saying something that directly bears upon this...

Today thou shalt be with me in paradise.
Luke 23:43

Where's paradise?

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Revelation 2:7

Last edited:

6days

You deserve Hell R.chick. We all do.
Because God is just, there is a penalty that is imposed.
Jesus stepped in as a mediator offering to take the punishment we deserve. ..death and seperation from all Goodness.
Christ defeated death and offers us His righteousness.
For God so loved Republican chick that He gave His only begotten Son so that WHO SO EVER believes will not perish but have life ever lasting.

Morpheus

For an unnecessary word it sure occurs frequently in the NT.

Repent NT references =53 link

[Edit] Many guys who beat their wives tell their wives they love them every day. Do they really love their wives? If our works are not consistent with our words then we are liars. "Faith without works is dead."

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

even if he repents...

Heaven?

Hell?

something else?

___
God is far more just than any of us can ever hope to be. God will judge perfectly so I will not presume to judge for Him.

Dialogos

What part of forgiven all trespasses are you not following? Repentance is a word you don't need and should not use.
Huh?

:idunno:

Acts 20:21
Romans 2:4
2 Cor 7:9-10
2 Tim 2:25

To name just a few.

I thought you considered all of Paul's writings as being to the body of Christ, no?

republicanchick

He should go straight to hell. That's what his works have earned him. But then again that's what your and my works have earned us as well.

That's why salvation is by grace through faith apart from works.

well, I have no problem w/ this (meaning the Church does not)

never did the RCC teach that we can earn our way to Heaven by good wrks alone

but that is the misguided beliefs people have about the Church

500 years of separation from the true Church... not surprising

__