If you sincerely follow the Holy Spirit, He will lead you to the Catholic Church

God's Truth

The text says nothing about Jesus or anyone else somehow mystically or imagining knowing what is in another's heart. This is nothing other-worldly. It is just common sense to connect a person's actions and their words. Most people raised up with a decent set of parents know to pay attention to both mind and heart in any person's speech.

It is a helpful bit of 2,000-year-old pop psychology. And add it all up in the context of knowing full well the logs in our own eyes before we point out the specks of sawdust in our neighbor's.

If anything, Jesus should teach us humility.

You cannot diminish the Truth, and that is that we can know what is in another person's heart by what they say.

I could not care any less if you want to give credit to mere men for saying that too, but if you reject Jesus, you are still condemned.

HisServant

What you say is nowhere in the Bible and does not come from God.

God does not say you have to know Greek or Hebrew.

If you really cared about learning the scriptures wouldn't you seriously want to learn what was said in the original languages?

Or is putting your faith in translators opinions of what they mean sufficient to you?

HisServant

Jesus says we can know what is in another person's heart.

Luke 6:45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

God says otherwise.

You are cherry picking what suits you again.

God’s Wisdom Revealed by the Spirit

6We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”b —
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
10these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.c 14The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”d
But we have the mind of Christ.

God's Truth

If you really cared about learning the scriptures wouldn't you seriously want to learn what was said in the original languages?

Or is putting your faith in translators opinions of what they mean sufficient to you?

You will not ever know what the scriptures mean until you get Jesus' teachings and obey them, for that is to whom Jesus reveals himself.

HisServant

You will not ever know what the scriptures mean until you get Jesus' teachings and obey them, for that is to whom Jesus reveals himself.

Jesus said it is the Holy Spirit that revels himself.

Without the Holy Spirit, the scriptures are just words on a page... which is how you treat them

Again.. you are cherry picking based on YOUR wants and desires... not Jesus'.

I bet I can find a piece of scripture that contradicts every one you post.

God's Truth

Jesus said it is the Holy Spirit that revels himself.

Without the Holy Spirit, the scriptures are just words on a page... which is how you treat them

Again.. you are cherry picking based on YOUR wants and desires... not Jesus'.

I bet I can find a piece of scripture that contradicts every one you post.

Jesus says that HE REVEALS HIMSELF to those who obey.

"The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

HisServant

Jesus says that HE REVEALS HIMSELF to those who obey.

"The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Define commandments then because that is what he instructs us to obey. He doesn't say his teachings or parables or anything else.. he repeatedly says COMMANDMENTS in multiple scriptures.

You also seem to be running two sentences together and ignoring the distinctions between them... what is between your bolded words are just as important.

God's Truth

Define commandments then because that is what he instructs us to obey. He doesn't say his teachings or parables or anything else.. he repeatedly says COMMANDMENTS in multiple scriptures.

Read what Jesus teaches in the New Testament. New Testament means New Covenant.

When a covenant is made, the rules and guidelines must be followed exactly.

If you are not obeying Jesus, then you are disobeying him. Now how is that ever right?

HisServant

Read what Jesus teaches in the New Testament. New Testament means New Covenant.

When a covenant is made, the rules and guidelines must be followed exactly.

If you are not obeying Jesus, then you are disobeying him. Now how is that ever right?

Define the COMMANDMENTS he is referring to please (he repeatedly says COMMANDMENTS.. not teachings.. the two are not the same) ... words have meaning.

I'm getting tired of your evasion of key questions.

God's Truth

I'm asking you.

Open the New Testament and start searching.

Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word of that comes from the mouth of God.

That is Mathew 4:4.

Do you understand how to live on every word from God?

We live on God's word by obeying what God says.

God's Truth

Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.

Repent, for the kingdom of heave is near.

Those are more teachings from Jesus.

HisServant

Open the New Testament and start searching.

Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word of that comes from the mouth of God.

That is Mathew 4:4.

Do you understand how to live on every word from God?

We live on God's word by obeying what God says.

You still did not answer my question.

Please define his COMMANDMENTS!

God's Truth

You still did not answer my question.

Please define his COMMANDMENTS!

I am not going to print the Holy New Testament here for you.

I have told you what to do, now why don't you do it?

Open up the New Testament and find Jesus' teachings.

Start with Matthew.

Jesus says man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.